gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:49:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In The Key Of Disney  (Read 134519 times)
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 22, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »

Do we have to go through this with this clown every freaking year?

So sad to read posts like this. Ghost is a troll because he writes creative posts from another view than you and most other people do?

Weak.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 22, 2011, 08:56:27 PM »

So sad to read posts like this. Ghost is a troll because he writes creative posts from another view than you and most other people do?

Ah yes, the creativity of comparing gay people to those with a terminal disease. If only everyone had such powers of imagination!

You know, teenagers kill themselves over crap like that. They really do. It's not funny, it's not appropriate, and I don't care about it for myself, but I care about it because this is a public space and it's worth thinking about other people's feelings before having your "fun."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:05:26 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 22, 2011, 09:01:31 PM »

f*ck you man and everyone here that thinks like you.
i make so many quality posts about brian wilson & the beach boys and you know it and everyone here knows it. so i balance it out with a little esoteric humor for the hip cats in attendance. so what. you in particular are just mad because i won't apologize to you for using homosexuality as a humorous resource in another thread. what's up your butt all of a sudden.

That ain't cool at all, Ghost; either serious or joking.  Any respect I (and others) here have left for you is rapidly deteriorating. Wirestone should get an apology from you after that tirade against him. He didn't do anything wrong - on the contrary, he's posted some real good thoughtful stuff on this and other threads lately.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 22, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »

f*ck you man and everyone here that thinks like you.
i make so many quality posts about brian wilson & the beach boys and you know it and everyone here knows it. so i balance it out with a little esoteric humor for the hip cats in attendance. so what. you in particular are just mad because i won't apologize to you for using homosexuality as a humorous resource in another thread. what's up your butt all of a sudden.

That ain't cool at all, Ghost; either serious or joking.  Any respect I (and others) here have left for you is rapidly deteriorating. Wirestone should get an apology from you after that tirade against him. He didn't do anything wrong - on the contrary, he's posted some real good thoughtful stuff on this and other threads lately.
Agree 100% Mikie.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
ghost
« Reply #554 on: September 22, 2011, 09:09:10 PM »

oh you mean, just like i've posted good and thoughtful stuff? get over it guys, take smile-brian your little fanboy with you too

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: September 22, 2011, 09:13:52 PM »

Please stop. I like you ghost, and you do post some really good things at times, but some of the things you have said have crossed the line.

Let's end this here. No more personal attacks. This is a final warning.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ghost
« Reply #556 on: September 22, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »

oh and wirestone - the "terminal disease" was intended to point out how you were being unnecessarily personally offended by jokes about a sexuality which is something vague and not specific to you personally. to be offended in such a situation is amusing to me since it means you basically offended yourself. you chose to let the words tickle your offended part of the brain.

anyway, after i posted it i realized the immense humor in using that example - terminal disease - in such a context. aids and all that. oh, how i laughed as i did not edit the post.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: September 22, 2011, 09:18:57 PM »

anyway, after i posted it i realized the immense humor in using that example - terminal disease - in such a context. aids and all that. oh, how i laughed as i did not edit the post.

Dude...seriously?!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 22, 2011, 09:31:48 PM »

Jesus H. Christ, ghost. You're one stupid motherfucker.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
ghost
« Reply #559 on: September 22, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »

if you can't make fun of death dying sexuality etc... well that's just no fun, who says life is serious? this was my revelation falling from a bridge , life is hilarious. even the bad stuff
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 22, 2011, 09:33:37 PM »

"Kiss The Girl" is the best Brian song in a decade

Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 22, 2011, 09:34:41 PM »

if you can't make fun of death dying sexuality etc... well that's just no fun, who says life is serious? this was my revelation falling from a bridge , life is hilarious. even the bad stuff
Yuck, thats one twisted "revelation"

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 22, 2011, 09:37:14 PM »

If it was so good the first time, why not try it again? If we're lucky, the hospital you end up in won't have an internet connection  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: September 22, 2011, 09:37:26 PM »

Grin

Yes it is. Love the production and his vocals. It actually sounds like a hit.

ghost
« Reply #564 on: September 22, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »

don't ever develop even a passing interest in spirituality, friend, because it will go RIGHT over your head.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 22, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »

Grin

You're both wrong - Stay Awake is the business, imo. Brian's vocal is so fragile. it's actually a perfect little production.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:40:20 PM by hypehat » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 22, 2011, 09:41:55 PM »

Grin

You're both wrong - Stay Awake is the business, imo. Brian's vocal is so fragile. it's actually a perfect little production.
Still can't get over how great Brian's vocals are on this album.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »

Grin

Can't really argue with that. Hell, I'll thrown in Baby Mine as well.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: September 22, 2011, 09:44:17 PM »

Grin

Me too. God, I love this disc.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 22, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »

Someone the other day suggested that BW re-record his vocals on BWPS now as his voice has improved so much over the last two years, and as obviously not happening as that is, it's still a great idea. His voice is getting so good nowadays. During portions of the Gershwin album and at the RFH he sounded as good as the eighties.

Jason
« Reply #570 on: September 22, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »

don't ever develop even a passing interest in spirituality, friend, because it will go RIGHT over your head.

Banned. Good fucking riddance. I have seen some assholes in my day but this one takes the cake.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 22, 2011, 09:48:06 PM »

Grin
Someone the other day suggested that BW re-record his vocals on BWPS now as his voice has improved so much over the last two years, and as obviously not happening as that is, it's still a great idea. His voice is getting so good nowadays. During portions of the Gershwin album and at the RFH he sounded as good as the eighties.

Me too. God, I love this disc.
Time for "Brian Wilson presents GIOMH"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:50:14 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 22, 2011, 09:50:34 PM »

Banned. Good friggin' riddance. I have seen some buttholes in my day but this one takes the cake.

It's probably bad form to say, but -

Ta.  Smiley

BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 22, 2011, 09:51:43 PM »

Can't really argue with that. Hell, I'll thrown in Baby Mine as well.
[/quote]

Baby Mine is just...incredible.  I like many of the songs, there are a few I like less, and a few I like more.  The giant grin that plasters across my face everytime I hear the Hi HOOOOOOOOOOOOO in Hi Ho is just...awesome.  But Baby Mine.  I've been listening to it over and over.  It helps that its such a gorgeous song, but the way Brian sings it and the arrangement is just so beautiful.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:27 PM »

100 million percent agreed.

One thing I thought was really cool...the track from Toy Story 3...he sang in TWO part harmony, which he hardly EVER does, and was a nice change.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:54:42 PM by Billy C » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 35 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx