gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681220 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 06:15:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In The Key Of Disney  (Read 136480 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2011, 06:11:33 AM »

To each his own, I guess. I think his voice sounds spectacular - and at his age, what we hear is nothing to sniff at.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2011, 06:18:16 AM »

To each his own, I guess. I think his voice sounds spectacular - and at his age, what we hear is nothing to sniff at.

Well, if you take age in to consideration, I would still say that Al sounds better, PMC sounds better, Ray Davies sounds better, etc, etc

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2011, 06:29:05 AM »

They autotune Macca too - try listening to Good Evening NYC sometime.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
ghost
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2011, 06:34:44 AM »

It seems a significant oversight by Brian and everyone running his life for him that he should have two albums ready for release virtually simultaneously. If he was Radiohead of something then it might not make any difference as wealthy middle-classfans would just happily buy both.

I don't know what world you live in, but in my world, it's not that big of a deal to buy two albums, within the same month.  Sorry.  It's just not.

Good for you, Ron.

Personally, every few weeks once the food supply & money supply runs very low, I end up getting by on a few slices of bread per day and feeling like there's a void in my stomach from the hunger. Purchasing the expensive Smile Sessions set and this new Disney album is not even worth thinking about at the moment. The only way I'll ever afford the former is if someone gives me $200 free, otherwise it would take a while to save up that much and not need to use it on more practical things.

Send all your canned goods to my house, please.
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2011, 06:36:03 AM »

They autotune Macca too - try listening to Good Evening NYC sometime.

I am sure they do, but I guess i just think Macca sounds better, age considering.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2011, 06:38:17 AM »

Amen, ghost. The closer it gets to the end of the year the more likely I'll be getting it  as a birthday or christmas present, but if not I'm buying this boxset against my better judgement....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2011, 06:45:06 AM »

The album's artwork is now up at Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/BrianWilsonLive/status/104185569881489408/photo/1/large

Shocked
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2011, 06:49:34 AM »

...and there goes any hard-won maturity of the Gershwin cover, I guess!
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2011, 07:00:45 AM »

Oh................dear..................Then again, I never thought much of TLOS cover and look what we got inside of that!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2011, 07:16:41 AM »

My actual reaction was a minute or so of stunned silence followed by..... "Oh wow".

That is crap. I might not even buy that on vinyl, you can hide a cd's artwork better.

ghost
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2011, 07:35:42 AM »

Brian Wilson Drives Insane
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:37:46 AM by ghost » Logged
ghost
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2011, 07:49:58 AM »

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:55:53 AM by ghost » Logged
oldsurferdude
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »

Left rear hubcap's lookin' a bit scary. Transcendental Meditation
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19:49 AM »

Left rear hubcap's lookin' a bit scary. Transcendental Meditation

Well, the hub on the spare is looking quite happy!! Smiley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2011, 08:20:11 AM »

I like it - could have been a LOT worse. BW surrounded by a bunch of Disney characters ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2011, 08:22:54 AM »

What about the angry face on the left rear bumper?...complete with the hamburger helper oven mit.

Besides the creepy faces peppered througout the cover, I really like the design.

Edit: granted, the font used for the name 'Brian Wilson' makes this album seem very country western...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:26:08 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2011, 08:27:10 AM »

I didn't think it was that bad until the font hit me
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2011, 08:30:52 AM »

It seems a significant oversight by Brian and everyone running his life for him that he should have two albums ready for release virtually simultaneously. If he was Radiohead of something then it might not make any difference as wealthy middle-classfans would just happily buy both.

I don't know what world you live in, but in my world, it's not that big of a deal to buy two albums, within the same month.  Sorry.  It's just not.

Good for you, Ron.

Personally, every few weeks once the food supply & money supply runs very low, I end up getting by on a few slices of bread per day and feeling like there's a void in my stomach from the hunger. Purchasing the expensive Smile Sessions set and this new Disney album is not even worth thinking about at the moment. The only way I'll ever afford the former is if someone gives me $200 free, otherwise it would take a while to save up that much and not need to use it on more practical things.

Send all your canned goods to my house, please.

Yeah, I feel for you. There you are, spending 90% of your time posting your messages on this board from the library so you can save up the money that your mom and dad are giving you to buy food for the household: 

Well, before she mentioned her age I was having difficulty determining it. I don't get hung up on the numbers. I'm only 16 myself anyway.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2011, 08:35:22 AM »

I like it - could have been a LOT worse. BW surrounded by a bunch of Disney characters ?
That would of been just plain weird. BW ,the adult/child surrounded by disney characters. Cheesy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2011, 08:35:30 AM »

Careful bgas, ghost might not really be 16. He might be grooming you… standby for an invite to a one-on-one SMiLE listening party any day now!

“We live in divisive times.”
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2011, 08:40:52 AM »

That would of been just plain weird. BW ,the adult/child surrounded by disney characters. Cheesy

...while sporting his trademark "deer in the headlights" facial expression of course.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »

That is crap. I might not even buy that on vinyl, you can hide a cd's artwork better.

Hee heeeeeeee!   Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2011, 08:47:13 AM »

I'm split on the artwork..

None the less I'm excited for this album

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2011, 09:34:34 AM »

I LOVE that cover. Makes much more sense then the Gershwin one imo.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »

I don't think I'm gonna get this one. BWRG was a little too on the corny side for me... Bring back the mini Moogs, hoarse vocals, and crude drumming!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx