-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:42:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Black Bart and other great Pilots
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Black Bart and other great Pilots  (Read 2750 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:57:40 AM »

Wow, has anyone watched the television pilot from 1975, inspired by Blazing Saddles? I can't believe it was even made. How can you go from a Rated R film that, even when I describe the film, I say nothing like this would ever be released today to a safe-idea of a sitcom on CBS? I could see the idea being thrown out there, but as far as making it and showing it, all I can say is "WOW". Then again, they made a pilot for Revenge of the Nerds (holy crap, that show was bad, but then again, it had "Cousin Oliver" in it and made me realize he does the voice for Michelangelo on the original TMNT cartoon, so it wasn't a total waste of time). Just making a PG-rated tv show from an R-rated film sounds like even bit of a terrible idea. Perhaps MASH is an exception. But then again, you could was the sitcom inspired by Animal House, I think it was callled Beta House or something of the nature.

Other bad TV Shows based on films (from the book: TVLand To Go by Tom Hill) and my comments:
-Logan's Run (Nice, let's make a series based on Bladerunner too)
-Robocop: The Series (To be based on the original film? it was almost rated X for the violence! But then again, when a film goes from Rated R's to PG-13 ratings, there's questionable ideas as to where/why/how the series should continue)_
-Harry and the Hendersons
-Weird Science (I have to disagree with that one, I used to love this show on USA Network)
-Ferris Bueller (I kinda remember that, Jennifer Aniston was in it)
-Private Benjamin
-9 to 5
-Fast Times (based on Fast Times at Ridgemont High, back to my theory about Rated R films being made into series on a 1980s PG-rated television)
-Mr. Roberts
-Freddy's Nightmares (can't be any worse than the second Nightmare on Elm Street film)

My interest back in the late 90s, before I discovered how much of an obsession I have with the Beach Boys, I was obsessed with TV history/pop culture knowledge; still a hobby of mine to this day.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:52:11 PM »

Despite having nothing to do with the movies the "Friday the 13th" tv series was pretty good.

And slightly OT, I have heard whisperings that Robocop may be getting remade.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »

Despite having nothing to do with the movies the "Friday the 13th" tv series was pretty good.

And slightly OT, I have heard whisperings that Robocop may be getting remade.
I've seen that Fri the 13th is on Sci-Fi every now and then, thought about watchin it; is it another Tales from the Darkside or Tales from the Cryptkeeper?

yeah, I heard about a Robocop remake/reboot a couple of years ago.
I'm only a fan of the first film, the rest of the franchise is crap.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »

In the early 90s I remember watching a whole bunch of Saturday morning cartoons based on movies...Back to the Future, The Real Ghostbusters, Ace Ventura, the Mask...I`m sure there were more...that`s just what I can remember off the top of my head. I also remember a cartoon series about a summer camp that starred John Candy.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 08:11:22 AM »

That would be Camp Candy, iirc, with a theme song by Harry Nilsson!

http://fortheloveofharry.blogspot.com/2007/08/camp-candy-tv-theme-1989.html
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:23:28 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 08:59:28 AM »

In the early 90s I remember watching a whole bunch of Saturday morning cartoons based on movies...Back to the Future, The Real Ghostbusters, Ace Ventura, the Mask...I`m sure there were more...that`s just what I can remember off the top of my head. I also remember a cartoon series about a summer camp that starred John Candy.
Oh, don't get me started on Saturday Morning Cartoons based on films. Wonder what the worst offender was: Teenwolf? Dumb and Dumber?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: