gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:05:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Movie Bio Announced.  (Read 30989 times)
GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 02:33:27 AM »

Everyone else seems to, so I think I'm going to write a Brian biopic,. It will be set over the space of 90 minutes in a day in 1974 and have one camera, he will be in bed for most of the duration, only to leave to put oh his "Be My Baby" 45 or play "the pretty bit" of "Rhapsody in Blue" on his piano.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 03:03:15 AM »

Call me an opportunist, but:

if they do it right, it might be a true hit movie, and that is because audiences (esp. the US ones) just luuurrve stories of redemption, i.e. with a wonderful comeback after a long and bad period.

And the Oscar goes to....

Mike Love for Best Supporting Actor.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 03:03:48 AM »

Uh-oh! Movie of the week time. Ahhh!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/river-road-prepping-brian-wilson-205150

River Road said film will take an unconventional look at Wilson's unique musical process as well as his struggles with mental illness, and how he managed to persevere as an artist with the love and support of his wife Melinda.

That sounds GROSS!

Ach, get sentimental. It might sound sloppy but from what I've seen at many gigs her presence and support make a huge difference to Brian's mood and enjoyment. His productivity went sky-high when the two of them got hitched and while I suspect a few management blunders might, just possibly, be down in part to her judgement, I wouldn't have it any other way.

There might well've been no BWPS, no TLOS, no BWRG without the background of comfort and support she's provided, even from a hand's-off distance.  And if there'd been no closure via BWPS, then no Smile Sessions box either.

Possibly…

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 03:51:11 AM »

Everyone else seems to, so I think I'm going to write a Brian biopic,. It will be set over the space of 90 minutes in a day in 1974 and have one camera, he will be in bed for most of the duration, only to leave to put oh his "Be My Baby" 45 or play "the pretty bit" of "Rhapsody in Blue" on his piano.

I think we should get Sylvia Symmons to write one – The Life of Brian, as Seen Through the Eyes of his Sister Maureen.   I think it would be a winner – she was marvellous in Ice Cold In Alex…

dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 04:14:54 AM »

Ok so which actor do you all think should play Brian in the movie?
Alec Baldwin would be ideal if he were 20 years younger.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:17:40 AM by dmcguire70 » Logged

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 04:23:08 AM »

Jeff Bridges, as already mentioned, would be a must for Contemporary Brian.

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 04:24:58 AM »

I'm excited about this. Sounds like they want to take a more sophisticated approach than your bog standard biopics. Let's hope it sees the light of day.

Possible actors for the different stages?...

Reddi whip/stoner/smile era Brian - Seth Rogen

Bathrobe Brian - Phillip Seymour Hoffman, or Luke Wilson maybe ....

A Wilson bipoic as shot by Andy Warhol - love it!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 04:55:13 AM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 04:28:48 AM »

Jeff Bridges, as already mentioned, would be a must for Contemporary Brian.

Agreed. In 1988 already, William Hurt and Jeff Bridges were named as players of Landy and Wilson, respectively (Q Magazine). But I think we may be lucky that that didn't come true, as it would have been a Landy-supervised hagiography of Landy. Brian would have been merely some sidekick who happened to play a couple of notes and sing some words too - whilst Landy would have been potrayed as Ludwig Van himself.

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 05:20:38 AM »

mid 60's brian will be the hardest to cast i'd say as most hollywood actors aren't supposed to be chubby in their mid-20s.  wouldn't be surprised if they disregard that part.  when a director signs, we'll probably get a better idea.  but seeing as the producer of into the wild is on this, i wouldn't be surprised if someone like emile hirsch got the part.  doesn't look anything like brian, but great young actor. 
cutterschoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 05:21:03 AM »

I hope to God that Seth isn't in the film. He can't act.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 05:33:24 AM »

I think we should get Sylvia Symmons to write one – The Life of Brian, as Seen Through the Eyes of his Sister Maureen.   I think it would be a winner – she was marvellous in Ice Cold In Alex…

If they call the movie Life Of Brian it most definitely will be a winner....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVHhg67RVd4

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 05:33:37 AM »

He'd be great for the stoned and goofy 'Vosse Posse' period just before Brian wigs out. Might struggle to convey the intricacies of schizoaffective disorder though, granted.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
southisland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 05:46:13 AM »

although the time has obviously passed i think william hurt actually would have been a brilliant choice for the cleaned-up, middle-aged brian.

well oh my oh gosh oh gee
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 06:12:18 AM »

his sister?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 06:26:06 AM »

I think people have mentioned him before; the guy from The Hangover as a 70s Brian.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2011, 06:33:43 AM »

I'm Not There was, perhaps, the best movie of the past 10 years. If this ends up anywhere near that league, I will only be happy.

After what has gone before, I'm not keen on any film project involving Brian or the Beach Boys. However, I'll feel a lot better if this film is more like I'M NOT THERE and CONTROL than MAMMA MIA or ACROSS THE UNIVERSE (or WALK THE LINE for that matter). The fact that I'M NOT THERE's screenwriter is involved suggests hope.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2011, 06:34:20 AM »

his sister?

Yup… according the the Mojo '60s special!   Grin

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:00 AM »

Mickey Rourke should play Brian.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »

Always used to think Kurt Russell would have made a good Dennis but he's too old now, what with Dennis having died too young…

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:56:02 AM by John Manning » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2011, 07:34:53 AM »

Agreed. He would draw so much attention to himself that the movie would be about him and not Brian...if that makes sense. Every movie I see him in I don't remember his character, I just remember him (because he virtually plays the same character over and over again). With that said I thought that Pinapple Express was one of the funnier movies I have seen.

Find a good unknown actor to play Brian. And get Danny DeVito to play Murry Wilson.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2011, 08:03:07 AM »

I can see a project where the bulk of the movie is set from the 90s with a main character but with short flashbacks to various stages from the 60s and 70s as these periods are pretty well known and covered.

jmc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2011, 08:06:37 AM »

Ok so which actor do you all think should play Brian in the movie?
Alec Baldwin would be ideal if he were 20 years younger.

I've said it before, Alec as Brian (now or in the mid to late 90's) and Billy Baldwin as Dennis.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2011, 10:25:58 AM »

Steve Guttenberg would make a great middle aged Bruce (plus they could get him real cheap). Jack Black for fat 70's Brian. And a munchkin to play Al.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 11:29:24 AM »

seth rogen would be comically bad.  Not cause i think he's bad, just be a terrible miscast.  Just cause he plays a stoner a lot doesn't mean he could play stoner brian ha.  can you imagine how hysterical it'd be to show him singing in brian's falsetto? HA
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 12:37:27 PM »

Another version of the story:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/river-road-nabs-life-rights-to-beach-boy-brian-wilson-oren-moverman-scripting/

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx