gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 08:57:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Movie Bio Announced.  (Read 31543 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »

Thanks for the link Ed.

I think we can expect this Brian film to be an epic work of art.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

Thanks for the link Ed.

I think we can expect this Brian film to be an epic work of art.
Pumped for this movie, however Mike Love needs Michael Bay to make a movie about his life as well with explosions and car chases.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2011, 04:00:16 PM »

I really loved Into the Wild and Tree of Life, so if that's the team behind Brian's movie so much the better.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »

As long as it`s a little more like Walk Hard and less like Walk the Line I`ll be happy.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »

I'm holding out for the Pixar version.....

LOL

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2011, 09:16:58 PM »

As long as it`s a little more like Walk Hard and less like Walk the Line I`ll be happy.

which means you'd rather have John Reilly than Joaquin Phoenix?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »

I could see John C. Reilly as 70s Brian...beard and all! NPH as the Lovester. The lead singer of Iron and Wine could give acting a try and play Carl. Slap a wig on Verne Troyer and you`ve got Al covered. Maybe Joseph Gordon Levitt as Dave Marks. Ryan Reynolds as Dennis. Steve Buscemi as Manson. Stig from the Rutles could play Ricky Fataar. NPH could double or even triple as Stan and Steve Love. Michael Cera with a mustache as VDP. Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, etc. as the Vosse Posse. Either Pitt or Clooney as Rocky Pamplin. Zooey Deschanel as Diane Rovell. Can`t forget to find someone to play "Tommy Schaefer"!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2011, 09:29:26 AM »

I could see John C. Reilly as 70s Brian...beard and all! NPH as the Lovester. The lead singer of Iron and Wine could give acting a try and play Carl. Slap a wig on Verne Troyer and you`ve got Al covered. Maybe Joseph Gordon Levitt as Dave Marks. Ryan Reynolds as Dennis. Steve Buscemi as Manson. Stig from the Rutles could play Ricky Fataar. NPH could double or even triple as Stan and Steve Love. Michael Cera with a mustache as VDP. Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, etc. as the Vosse Posse. Either Pitt or Clooney as Rocky Pamplin. Zooey Deschanel as Diane Rovell. Can`t forget to find someone to play "Tommy Schaefer"!
Haha, the Judd Apatow version of Brian's story.  3D I'd dig Cera as VDP and Levitt as Marks.

And yes, the Brian scenes in Walk Hard were awesome!

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2011, 11:31:36 PM »

Jeff Bridges will surely play an old brian.

No plz.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2011, 09:33:46 AM »

Jeff Bridges will surely play an old brian.

No plz.

I have doubts as to whether His Dudeness can even muster up the acting chops to tackle such an important career-making role.  LOL LOL

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2011, 12:53:56 PM »

though, if anyone has seen the men who stare at goats, bridges is pretty much playing brian in his last scenes.  more gone though.  but he had that stone blank look down ha.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »

The more I think about it the comedy route could be a winner! Brian would enjoy it more.

Think about it? Some of the actors mentioned playing it straight but factual would be a cool bio!  Grin
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2011, 08:27:28 PM »

Eh, I'd really hate the comedy route. I mean, I listen to The Beach Boys for their stunning cathedral of voices, spirituality, and genius - and I really want that reflected in a movie. I want people leaving the theatre and going straight to the record store to pick up a copy of Pet Sounds. I want people's hearts racing when they hear the outro of 'California Girls' booming from the theatre speakers.

They should make it as graphically real as possible....the music, the drugs, the fame, the loss, the climb back up a shaky ladder.

There should be some comedy, but this should be a movie about the music....not about stoner actors trying to make the movie funny...IMO.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2011, 09:58:14 PM »

I undersstand but when you think about it, however it is done its going to be another 'Walk The Line' or 'Ray'.

Now to have a straight faced actor say something like "Chuck....Lets get some horses into the studio!" Now thats going to be gold. LOL
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2011, 05:53:25 AM »

You can have it both ways - The Beach Boys are funny guys!

It's going to be hard for them to portray the 70's from BW's perspective without making the band seem like massive douches, actually. But then maybe the Brian's Back thing was just a douche manoeuvre.

Or in fact, how they're going to portray the band at all - hopefully the script is good to Mike. The endorsement of Melinda leaves this up in the air.....

Now to have a straight faced actor say something like "Chuck....Lets get some horses into the studio!" Now thats going to be gold. LOL

Needs a similar straight faced dude playing Dennis getting all excited and going 'My horse would look so bitchin' in here'  Grin
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 05:58:27 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2011, 10:01:40 AM »

I undersstand but when you think about it, however it is done its going to be another 'Walk The Line' or 'Ray'.

Why? I'm Not There is the anti-Walk The Line and the anti-Ray. That's why it is a much more compelling movie and it's probably also why it didn't get many award noms.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »

Why? I'm Not There is the anti-Walk The Line and the anti-Ray. That's why it is a much more compelling movie and it's probably also why it didn't get many award noms.

Agreed. I think this movie will be an artistic statement....there is no reason why it has to be a Clone of Walk the Line or Ray.

Throw comedy in? Why not? But make it about the music, not about the actors.

theCOD
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2011, 10:50:51 AM »

Agreed. I think this movie will be an artistic statement....

The only statement I could glean from I'm Not There is "I want Dylan's balls in my mouth," so I'm hoping this Brian biopic is the anti-I'm Not There. I'd rather have a Michael Bay movie marathon than watch that again.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2011, 11:26:44 AM »

Agreed. I think this movie will be an artistic statement....

The only statement I could glean from I'm Not There is "I want Dylan's balls in my mouth," so I'm hoping this Brian biopic is the anti-I'm Not There. I'd rather have a Michael Bay movie marathon than watch that again.

In my opinion, I'm Not There is the best movie of the last 10 years.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2011, 09:16:58 AM »

I just remembered that writer/director Oren Moverman prominently used Brian's BWPS version of "Good Vibrations" in a bar scene in his film THE MESSENGER (as a juke box selection), so I suspect Moverman is already a fan.
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2012, 12:09:15 PM »

From a recent IndieWire interview:

The Brian Wilson story, however, he's proud to report is "pretty much done."

"Unlike the Kurt Cobain thing," he said, referencing another biopic project that fell apart, "there is a general feeling that an unconventional storytelling approach is the way to go."

Moverman hopes to place the audience inside the Beach Boy's head, "to understand how do you get into that kind of genius mind that has all this music, but also all this tragedy, so much pain, so many scars." Writing the Bob Dylan story in "I'm Not There" was easier, he said, "because it was the idea of a shape shifter, someone who wouldn't tell you who he was, because he's been so many people in so many different periods." With Wilson, it's more complicated, Moverman said, because of the subject's combination of musical genius and mental illness. "There's all these awful things, and yet what you want to do is celebrate the creative mind and kind of understand it," he said. "He's a genius on the level of some of the greatest musical geniuses ever."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/oren-moverman-says-his-brain-wilson-biopic-script-is-done-takes-unconventional-storytelling-approach

Man, I'm looking forward to this.

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2012, 02:38:50 PM »

Amen to that!

Couldn't agree more
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »

OSD can play 70 year old Mike  Evil
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2012, 03:15:19 PM »

From a recent IndieWire interview:

The Brian Wilson story, however, he's proud to report is "pretty much done."

"Unlike the Kurt Cobain thing," he said, referencing another biopic project that fell apart, "there is a general feeling that an unconventional storytelling approach is the way to go."

Moverman hopes to place the audience inside the Beach Boy's head, "to understand how do you get into that kind of genius mind that has all this music, but also all this tragedy, so much pain, so many scars." Writing the Bob Dylan story in "I'm Not There" was easier, he said, "because it was the idea of a shape shifter, someone who wouldn't tell you who he was, because he's been so many people in so many different periods." With Wilson, it's more complicated, Moverman said, because of the subject's combination of musical genius and mental illness. "There's all these awful things, and yet what you want to do is celebrate the creative mind and kind of understand it," he said. "He's a genius on the level of some of the greatest musical geniuses ever."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/oren-moverman-says-his-brain-wilson-biopic-script-is-done-takes-unconventional-storytelling-approach

Man, I'm looking forward to this.

That was encouraging to read - it seems like Moverman "gets" it.  Of course, there's a long way to go between a great script and a great finished product, but at least we're starting off on the right foot.
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2012, 05:01:53 PM »

Does he mean that the script is done? Or the filming, too?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx