gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:06:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Movie Bio Announced.  (Read 30984 times)
Smile4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »

Just to clarify...this film will be widely released in theaters, right? It's not a made-for-TV program?
GoodToMyBaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »

Correct.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »

1) That Davern kid does have a slight Carl Wilson resemblance going on (if you look long and hard - and there's gonna be make-up and hairstyling for the movie as well, plus some acting), whereas Rogers is just a pretty blond boy. Nothing much jardiny about him, judging from the photos. Oh well... actors not really looking like their parts doesn't mean it's going to be a bad movie. Walk The Line was decent, and the main duo didn't look anything like Cash & Carter.

2) How about renaming the thread at hand after the actual film title? Wink Love & Mercy: The Lives, Times and Music of Brian Wilson

3) For reference purposes:

Brian Wilson

Carl Wilson

Alan Jardine

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2013, 03:44:43 PM »

It's pretty cool this movie his happening.

Brian's book and this movie being released at the same time. 2015 will be a busy time for the smiley smile board.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2013, 06:28:12 AM »

Alan Jardine

This guy has no resemblance to Al, doesn't come even close to Al's boyish charm & grace. Plain awful choice.
It's not the 1st time of miscasting, but at least in previous BBs movies the actors who played Al had got sth. from him looks-wise, some of his signature mannerisms. 

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2013, 07:22:28 AM »

Update:

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/graham-rogers-brett-davern-join-brian-wilson-movie-exclusive-1200503217/

"Graham Rogers (“Revolution”) and Brett Davern (“Awkward”) have joined “Love & Mercy: The Lives, Times and Music of Brian Wilson” as members of the Beach Boys.

Rogers will portray Al Jardine, and Davern will play Carl Wilson, Brian Wilson’s younger brother. The surf rock band formed in 1961 and became hugely successful by the mid ’60s."

I just did an image search to see what they look like, and with both names Google suggested to additionally search for "shirtless". This is going to be some sexy Beach Boys. Judging from the 1967 Hawaii picture of the shirtless originals, I must say these two look even less like Carl and Al when they are shirtless. Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2013, 08:11:12 AM »

I'll just leave this here....

Not bad huh?  I think with the right hair and clothes (and hopefully a few extra pounds) he could be a very convincing Brian.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:26 AM »

Canadian singer Jay Ferguson would have been great to play Al but he may be too old now.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2013, 09:44:34 PM »

And, now Dennis and Mike have been cast.

http://www.thewrap.com/column-post/kenny-wormald-jake-abel-play-beach-boys-love-mercy-exclusive-102921

Edit: Sorry, link's not working for some reason.. Kenny Wormald and Jake Abel cast as Dennis and Mike, respectively.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:47:43 PM by Cyncie » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2013, 06:06:28 AM »

Canadian singer Jay Ferguson would have been great to play Al but he may be too old now.
Quickly checked his image & I think I'll agree with you. At least, there's some sort of similarity between him & Al. That said, Ferguson is not an actor. Musicians don't play musicians. It's a fact.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »

I'm discouraged to read that this is being directed by Bill Pohlad, whose chief qualification seems to be that he's the son of a billionaire and has only one other directorial credit to his name (from 1990, not well-reviewed).  The writer, Oren Moverman, also wrote the Dylan biopic "I'm Not There" which I consider to be an interesting but ultimately failed experimental film.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »

The writer, Oren Moverman, also wrote the Dylan biopic "I'm Not There" which I consider to be an interesting but ultimately failed experimental film.

I think it's the best movie of the last 10 years.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2013, 02:08:12 PM »

I'm discouraged to read that this is being directed by Bill Pohlad, whose chief qualification seems to be that he's the son of a billionaire and has only one other directorial credit to his name (from 1990, not well-reviewed).

It is somewhat disheartening, however he has produced a number of incredible films in recent years, including The Tree Of Life and Into The Wild....hopefully he learned something about directing while working on those movies.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »

It seems nobody mentioned yet that "Brian" posted on Facebook:

Yesterday (July 15th) was the first day of filming for "Love and Mercy," the Brian Wilson feature film.

On a separate note, Elizabeth Banks is not playing Marilyn as some sites assumed, but she will obviously be Melinda.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2013, 01:44:27 AM »

This is good news. Looking forward to what I hope is a very good film. It's also interesting that it won't be a biopic, so less talking about if I Get Around will be a smash or not and more focus on Brian as a personality. The TV films that I've seen have left little impression on me. Although the actors for Murry and Mike in American Family were convincing enough!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:20:21 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2013, 12:45:37 PM »

I see that some filming was recently carried out at EastWest Studios (formerly Western) for the movie recently.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2013, 09:42:01 AM »

The biggest problem I have with this casting is that Graham Rogers (Al) is taller than Paul Dano (Brian)
 LOL

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2013, 10:19:52 AM »

Yesterday (July 15th) was the first day of filming for "Love and Mercy," the Brian Wilson feature film.
If exclude the weekends, tomorrow will be the 11th filming day. Having read somewhere that the standard time of movie-making varies from 3 months to 1 year, the film would be completed in 2014, that's for sure. Then we'll wait for a theatre release, then DVD & free digital downloads. So, if my calculation is right, we'll get it in circa 2015.

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2013, 10:59:45 AM »

If exclude the weekends, tomorrow will be the 11th filming day. Having read somewhere that the standard time of movie-making varies from 3 months to 1 year, the film would be completed in 2014, that's for sure. Then we'll wait for a theatre release, then DVD & free digital downloads. So, if my calculation is right, we'll get it in circa 2015.

That's false. There could be other logistics that make it impossible to release the film by 2014 but other than that there is absolutely no reason why a movie being filmed in the summer of 2013 couldn't be released in 2014. My guess is that we will see a Summer 2014 release.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:24:12 AM by rockandroll » Logged
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2013, 11:19:11 AM »

The biggest problem I have with this casting is that Graham Rogers (Al) is taller than Paul Dano (Brian)
 LOL

They do LOTR stuff to fix that I'm sure of. This should not be a limiting factor. Would be hilarious to see Al talking to Brian at the same height in the studio. I would fall over laughing!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:21:19 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2013, 12:33:20 PM »

There could be other logistics that make it impossible to release the film by 2014 but other than that there is absolutely no reason why a movie being filmed in the summer of 2013 couldn't be released in 2014. My guess is that we will see a Summer 2014 release.
That's a fair point of view. Fingers crossed your logic does work & we'll see this movie sooner. 

Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2013, 01:43:21 PM »

LOL

They do LOTR stuff to fix that I'm sure of. This should not be a limiting factor. Would be hilarious to see Al talking to Brian at the same height in the studio. I would fall over laughing!

I hope they don't fix it.
That would be hilarious.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx