gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:48:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not sure how to feel about this news  (Read 10625 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 08:18:46 PM »

I feel bad now.

I sent a twitter message to Diablo saying if she does the Brian film and messes it up I'll hunt her down, obviously I was joking. Appears she took it seriously though and sent me a pretty rude PM.

It just gets weirder.....   Someone you don't know ( I presume,since it's twitter) , or know well, and you send a threatening note? And they're supposed to "KNOW" you're joking? Lucky thing they don't know where you live, might be a bomb in your car....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 08:30:22 PM »

I feel bad now.

I sent a twitter message to Diablo saying if she does the Brian film and messes it up I'll hunt her down, obviously I was joking. Appears she took it seriously though and sent me a pretty rude PM.

It just gets weirder.....   Someone you don't know ( I presume,since it's twitter) , or know well, and you send a threatening note? And they're supposed to "KNOW" you're joking? Lucky thing they don't know where you live, might be a bomb in your car....

I repeat, I feel bad about it.

No doubt a stupid comment to make but it was all in jest, also I did put a "Wink" at the end of it.

I will also not deny I wrote it after four glasses of champagne celebrating my girlfriends 21st.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 08:33:36 PM »

I feel bad now.

No doubt a stupid comment to make but it was all in jest, also I did put a "Wink" at the end of it.

I will also not deny I wrote it after four glasses of champagne celebrating my girlfriends 21st.

I'm sure they'll take that into account, maybe include a bottle under the seat to revisit your "high"

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 08:41:32 PM »

I feel bad now.

I'm sure they'll take that into account, maybe include a bottle under the seat to revisit your "high"

Always keep one handy  Grin

SG7
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »

Wow nobody sees this as something that could more people onto him?  Roll Eyes

I didn't the fanworld was so selective.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011, 12:39:12 AM »

I feel bad now.

I will also not deny I wrote it after four glasses of champagne celebrating my girlfriend's 21st.

and if anything happens to the lady in the next few days, where's the law gonna come looking first? You've probably made her feel exceptionally uncomfortable, uneasy, stalked and paranoid even.

Did you apologise to her?

“We live in divisive times.”
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2011, 03:04:10 AM »

I think one of the only BB biopic ideas that could still produce something worthwhile would be making a movie about Blondie and Ricky leaving their homeland and later joining the Beach Boys for a couple of years.

Afro
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2011, 05:11:08 AM »

that's pretty cool in my mind.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2011, 05:39:51 AM »

I think one of the only BB biopic ideas that could still produce something worthwhile would be making a movie about Blondie and Ricky leaving their homeland and later joining the Beach Boys for a couple of years.

Afro

Yeah, the seven people that tune in to watch that will be thrilled!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2011, 05:43:48 AM »

Afro

Yeah, the seven people that tune in to watch that will be thrilled!

Eight -  count me in.

“We live in divisive times.”
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2011, 08:08:25 AM »

I feel bad now.

I will also not deny I wrote it after four glasses of champagne celebrating my girlfriend's 21st.

and if anything happens to the lady in the next few days, where's the law gonna come looking first? You've probably made her feel exceptionally uncomfortable, uneasy, stalked and paranoid even.

Did you apologise to her?

She didn't take it like that, but yes I did apologise in my reply and wished her all the best if the project goes ahead

Honestly "hunt you down" is never taken seriously, like anyone would do that

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2011, 10:50:34 AM »

Wow nobody sees this as something that could more people onto him?  Roll Eyes

I didn't the fanworld was so selective.

The problem with Hollywood biographies like this is the way it could turn into a parody of the person or the group rather than a portrayal. Again I'll go back to Oliver Stone and the Doors film. For all the fans who smelled a rat after watching that film, how many viewers saw Val Kilmer as Morrison and assumed that portrayal was accurate? The Doors got a boost in record sales, but did the backlash against that film end up hurting more in the long run than the spike in sales for the month or two that the film was being hyped?

Hollywood is in the business of bullshit, to be quite frank about it. Even after a script is turned in and given the green light, how often is that finished script then handed over to more writers to be enhanced and beefed up to make it more entertaining, more funny, more compelling, etc based on the subject? If a Brian Wilson biopic gets approved and sent through the machine in Hollywood, what parts of the story do you think they will enhance, beef up, or otherwise invent in order to make the story more appealing to certain demographics?

Oliver Stone went as far as to invent historical characters who never existed in real life and events that never happened in real life in order to tell his story in JFK...and we've seen that happen with two Beach Boys films that never went beyond television, thankfully. I think some people just don't want Brian Wilson's story told through Hollywood's machine, no matter who is writing the script.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2011, 12:45:41 PM »

This right here would possibly be the only biopic ever worth watching: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3231da28bb/weird-the-al-yankovic-story

No mas, por favor.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2011, 01:02:39 PM »

This right here would possibly be the only biopic ever worth watching: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3231da28bb/weird-the-al-yankovic-story

No, really?

rogerlancelot
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »

Le Petomane:

http://youtu.be/xTna_4I9-Ro

Best biopic ever!

Grin
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »

Le Petomane:

Best biopic ever!

Grin

I'm waiting for a remake... In odorama.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »

Le Petomane:

Best biopic ever!

Grin

I'm waiting for a remake... In odorama.

Ahh you failed to read the fine print!