gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680717 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 03:24:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trader  (Read 1950 times)
KaylaMusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »

Here is my cover of Trader, one of the most amazing BB songs in my opinion.
Enjoy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUtVJIftCUg
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »

Kayla, would you consider doing either Aren't You Glad or Little Pad? If indeed you do requests?

The last few covers sound absofuckinlutely great, btw  Smiley

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
KaylaMusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 05:21:13 AM »

I love both those songs and they're on my list!

Thank so friggin much!!! Glad you like em'! :D
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »

Hey, Maybe you could do some of them acapella?( as Mike describes it)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
robertgotshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 01:55:02 PM »

Very cool! It's nice to see someone interpret a lesser-covered Beach Boys tune. Good job, I enjoyed it!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 07:06:42 AM »

G'day, Kayla. Recently I remembered you had posted several BBs covers - both here and in General forum. Many people showed their admiration to them. Even Mr. Doe. More so, you attended one of Brian's Canadian concerts where he & Jeff told you they liked your covers. To hear that from your favorite artist is sth. of an accolade, I think.
So, I decided to check your YT channel & give it a listen myself. Tbh, not everything was to my liking. F.ex., Wouldn't It Be Nice, which imo didn't work without complex arrangements, accompanied only with piano. It lacked joyfulness of the original. Or She's Goin' Bald which sounded like a tragedy. Anyway, after listening to every cover, I can definitely say that Trader is your best work. Very impressive, esp. considering you came up with the harmonies on your own. Usually, it's very difficult to match The Beach Boys' vocals, but you managed to sing the song as beautifully as Carl himself. Well done!

(Btw, I agree with the statement that you could be a good replacement for Taylor Mills. She wasn't bad but you at least can play instruments.)

Now re originals: from what I've heard, I liked only "Barely Started" coz it's got splendid New Year holiday feel. Love those jingle-jangling synths. Keep on writing upbeat songs!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
dynomike
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »

hehe you did the off-mic 'trader...' at the beginning

i agree with others that you really aced the harmonies.  the reverb is nice and accurate.  your bgv's are always amazing.

sometimes i think the bb lead vocal range is a bit low for you (understandably); the end part where you've done the octave double is nice.  encourage you to be more free with your arrangements to suit your voice - key changes etc.

thanks for all the covers!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx