gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680819 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:03:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok  (Read 6006 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 04:45:58 AM »

You know how you don't always remember what you post when tired and inebriated...  Grin

Gave them all a quick spin, and must say I'm digging Feel Like Van Goghs Peter Gabriel kinda vibe. Not sure your voice suits GiG, and it's a fairly trite piece of songwriting - You're obviously going for the surf/car music BB's vibe, so I don't feel like I'm treading on some kinda huge personal and artistic statement  Smiley. Cool Beach Woman is also lovely - the backing harmonies are really sweet.

Happy now?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

That was great! Could we just try it once more

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 05:07:44 PM »

You know how you don't always remember what you post when tired and inebriated...  Grin

Gave them all a quick spin, and must say I'm digging Feel Like Van Goghs Peter Gabriel kinda vibe. Not sure your voice suits GiG, and it's a fairly trite piece of songwriting - You're obviously going for the surf/car music BB's vibe, so I don't feel like I'm treading on some kinda huge personal and artistic statement  Smiley. Cool Beach Woman is also lovely - the backing harmonies are really sweet.

Happy now?

Oh I just think its flattering you took the time to listen, and have some positive things to
say about two of the three songs you mentioned. thanks.

I
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:18:14 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

That was great! Could we just try it once more

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 12:32:32 AM »

Thanks to one and all who have purchased copies of the album after
reading about it here on the Smiley Smile board.

Both myself and the band certainly appreciate it.
We will keep running the five dollar special for a few
more weeks.

http://www.amazon.com/Bargofaxis-Jeff-Cameron/dp/B00415JHOK

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/cameronjeff

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2013, 03:56:21 AM »

I haven't heard the tracks yet, but this turned into a very interesting discussion. rab got the point, as it's indeed The BBs Message Board and everything else is 2ndary. Remember also: every day equals to 5 or more threads, so one cannot chase all the info. If the forum were dedicated solely to the music-makers, so-called "Club of commoners", there'd be a lot more feedback.

I recommend that you hang around, post stuff, listen to other people, and give your thoughts on other people (and you'll see the favor returned).
You've said many fair things here, but I disagree with the highlighted text. There are many examples I witnessed when a newly registered user went straight to this section, posted the link to his work & disappeared, often for a very long time & even completely. 1 recent example - quichenight's cover of I Wanna Pick You Up which got quite enough replies, yet the poster didn't comment on anyone's music. More so, he didn't traditionally thank anyone for the listening. So for once, your theory failed.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx