gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:42:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok  (Read 5962 times)
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

That was great! Could we just try it once more

View Profile
ok
« on: May 17, 2011, 11:15:36 PM »

ok

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:12:19 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 04:02:06 PM »

Welcome to the "...Who Make Music" forum... I assume you were hoping for more feedback. But as you can see, you're going to get some views--maybe even a few hundred--but replies, comments, criticism are a little more rare. Like really rare. Sorry, I wish it weren't that way, but it is. We all share your frustration in that regard, but until everyone commits to being a listener and critic for others' benefit, it'll stay this way.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »

Luther,

I am somewhat new to this part of the board.  In fact, until I started writing music recently (if it can be called either writing or music), I rarely came down here for a visit.  I would be happy to give my feedback, but here is my problem.  I have zero knowledge of music, outside of knowing what I like when I hear it, and what I don't like when I hear it.  I am not sure how helpful it is to reply with "I liked it, post more" (as I did in JMZ's thread).  I think it would be even less useful to reply with "I don't like it."  Its like so many of my bosses have said, "If you don't have a solution you don't have a problem."  I could explain that I don't like a certain melody, that it doesn't grab me, but would that really be contributing?  At least a simple, yet positive response is encouraging, even if not informative.

BTW, I am not saying I did not like the song that was posted here.  After listening to JMZ's song I had only a few seconds to check out this one.  I was actually coming back to give it another listen.

Speaking of opinions, I am much more likely to listen to a song that I don't have to download (youtube or "press play" to listen, etc) than if I have to download the song.  If I know *before* clicking the download link that I am downloading a playable track (mp3, wav, whatever) rather than a zip/rar/etc file I would be more likely to click the link.  So my order of  preference is:

1. I don't have to download
2. Actual music file (mp3, wav), identified as such prior to clicking
3. Zipped/rar-ed file

My two cents.

mps
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:44:39 PM by mypetsounds » Logged

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 05:11:34 PM »

I totally get it--I'm not particularly bitter. Just trying to let the guy who deleted his post that sometimes that's how it works.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »

I totally get it--I'm not particularly bitter. Just trying to let the guy who deleted his post that sometimes that's how it works.

I am with you.  I just wanted to clarify why I don't comment much: I don't want to download and I don't have much to contribute, especially when I don't like something.

Maybe one day I'll have the b@lls to post one of my songs, but then you musically educated types intimidate me.

mps

vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »

I appreciate your thoughts. Naturally I was hopeful some people would
like the work and respond.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:13:05 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »

Maybe one day I'll have the b@lls to post one of my songs, but then you musically educated types intimidate me.

I hope you're just kidding. If you have something, post it. What's the worst that will happen ... people would ignore it? Around here, that'd be a first!  Wink

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:17:53 PM »

I appreciate your thoughts. ... hows that.,
Sorry it didn't work out to your liking. As I said, I think we'd all like more people listening to and commenting on our tunes, but it just doesn't happen much. Aaron Sunchymes' last one was viewed like 450 times already, and he got just five comments. Personally, I recommend that you hang around, post stuff, listen to other people, and give your thoughts on other people (and you'll see the favor returned). My belief is that is the best way to build this community in this specific subsection of the board. As you said, there is a pretty interesting cross-section here.

kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 03:08:53 PM »

Yeah, it's a shame that there aren't more people that take the time to leave feedback... But like others have pointed out, that a common thing that I think all of us who have posted music here has experienced. So if I were you, I wouldn't take it personal.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 04:03:43 PM »

Yeah, i do try and listen to things, but obviously I can't listen to them all! And iirc, no-one posted feedback about my own record a few years ago.

But then again, it was sh*t so i don't blame anyone  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »

"dammit I don't wanna hear your music or post about it, I just
want it to languish there so it can be ignored like it deserves" LOL
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:13:55 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 07:08:14 PM »

Takes less time to post than listen, for one. But really, nobody is saying nobody will listen or reply. But you can't count on it. Feel free to go through all of our songs and comment, if you'd like. I'm sure we'd appreciate that. But I don't believe that has happened, either. See? Sadly, that's how it is. You may note that some of us do post on each other's music pretty consistently, whether it be a short little "I like it" to something more substantive. Sometimes it takes a while. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all. As for all the posting here, I think it was the semi-dramatic cancellation, and then the fact that the subject itself is interesting to us.

vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 08:40:35 PM »

Takes less time to post than listen, for one. But really, nobody is saying nobody will listen or reply. But you can't count on it. Feel free to go through all of our songs and comment, if you'd like. I'm sure we'd appreciate that. But I don't believe that has happened, either. See? Sadly, that's how it is. You may note that some of us do post on each other's music pretty consistently, whether it be a short little "I like it" to something more substantive. Sometimes it takes a while. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all. As for all the posting here, I think it was the semi-dramatic cancellation, and then the fact that the subject itself is interesting to us.

Actually thats not true, I have listened to some music here and offered feedback.
I heard something I liked quite a bit actually. As much as I can tell listening to digital
files through cans on the laptop anyway.

I believ
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:14:51 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
JMZ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 06:00:01 AM »

Why removing your track ?

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 05:54:26 PM »

I believe you may misinterpret me a bit chum

As I said before if anyone wants to hear it just send me an email
I'm glad we're chums. I'd like to hear it.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 06:00:28 PM »

I do not have your email, sir. put your sh*t up for us to listen to now you have our attention  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »

I do not have your email, sir. put your merda up for us to listen to now you have our attention  LOL

Honestly! haha. I put an original track up while back that no one commented on....just makes me work harder to make a song that would knock people's socks off. Besides, the majority of posters are here for the Beach Boys...not for garage-band-mp3-uploaders.

Also, I usually check out most of the music uploaded here - I was MIA for a a few weeks and that was probably why I didn't see your post. Definitely upload it again.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 11:15:38 PM »

I am not a garage band mp3 uploader. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The album my (fifth) and fourth with my original band, is a professional product.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:02:45 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »

I;m going to be checking these out. I haven't been as active as I have in the past due to health and personal reasons, but going to be more active in this forum now while I can.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 02:59:55 PM »

Not sure if you really wanted feedback, but I listened to Getting in Gear and Superman... The former didn't really do much for me. It's funny that your last post was about not being a garage band because the feeling of the GiG was very garage band-y, if better recorded and with production. Certainly fine, but not my thing. (The middle eight--or is it 12?--was cool and unexpected.) But I enjoyed Superman... quite a bit more, especially the bit after 2:00 or so. And after 3:00, when the group vocals come in (before the refrain), I liked the feel. Almost shout-chorus vibe. Anyway, my two cents.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »

I;m going to be checking these out. I haven't been as active as I have in the past due to health and personal reasons, but going to be more active in this forum now while I can.

Hope all is well with you, man.

vintagemusic, shall check out yr music when I'm not so tired and inebriated  Grin

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »

vintagemusic, shall check out yr music when I'm not so tired and inebriated  Grin
Aw, that's the best time to listen to music. Sometimes I find myself quite inspired in such a state, and as long as I never sober up, well, I assume I was in the right.  Grin

vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 03:37:41 PM »

Why are the links I posted just yesterday no longer working. What the heck is going
on
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:16:23 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »

Some very funny things are happening to the links I posted, is this some kind of April fools joke or worse?

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/cameronjeff

http://www.goldminemag.com/article/jeff-cameron-complexity-of-bargofaxi

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:15:50 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 06:55:06 PM »

Hope all is well with you, man.

Thanks to all of you who finally replied thanks for taking the time
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx