-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 01:48:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The What Are You Reading? Thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The What Are You Reading? Thread  (Read 69108 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 22, 2017, 05:25:33 PM »

Good education, sorry for being a d*ckhead to you....

And production aside, Id so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 08, 2017, 07:04:32 AM »

Radio station during this time each year starts game but the jock said who rings 1st gets gift anyway. I did, went to take my gift - Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None". Luckily, I didn't read it before. The book's got this special fragrance which I like usually - sweet & cinnamon plus sth. else.

10 people invited to faraway Negro (?) Island (the book's in Russian) by pair they didn't meet before. In everybody's room there is children's twister about 10 little blacks. 10 guests - 10 blacks. 10 black statues. You get the whole picture - everybody gets killed as poor black kids in twister. Statues disappear.

Very sporting of Agatha to add flashblacks to each character to help see who's who. I like books with motley crew. Don't like stories with few people. F.ex., tale about 2. Tale inside the family of 5.

Favorite definitely Blore, inspector. His lines - the best, he's talkative, even too talkative, smb. said he's fool. Hm...is he? In fact, he voiced theories that made sense few times. I wished him to be survivor by the end but...Agatha decided to leave Lombard & Ms. Claythorne who I didn't like at all. They should be killed way before.
Next favorite to make Top 3 - Mr. Rogers, the butler & Emily Brent, the old lady-religious freak. Mr. Rogers seems really nice, well-bred gentleman who didn't make friends with anybody but was polite to every guest. Did his work well. Ms. Brent, again, polite classy lady, I read her lines in plummy ceremonial voice. She kept it cool at the face of murders.
Least interesting - Dr. Armstrong - too chicken, hysterical, jittery. Mrs. Rogers - by default, killed early, i.e. not much character development.

Cool ending, nice twist but at the same time it does fall into place. I didn't suspect anybody, except doctor acted mad at times. 5/5.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post in SmileySmile.

Blue Color

Penguins & dolphins can't swim in ecologically bad waters. (Aqua Wisdom No.5)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Perhaps I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2017, 02:56:37 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Webern

"I don't want to go out. I want to stay in. Get things done." (David Bowie)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: