gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:46:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promotional Posters  (Read 39323 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2011, 05:44:41 AM »

Imagination promotional booklet.

You’ll notice a few strange scans, as if these were added double. Not true. The 3rd / 4th and 17th / 18th page are transparant.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 05:48:42 AM »

Couple more promo posters; 

Exceeded bandwith... o dear.... it seems that Photobucket ain't your best friend right now, bgas.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2011, 07:25:53 AM »

Exceeded bandwith... o dear.... it seems that Photobucket ain't your best friend right now, bgas.

Yeah, I posted in Concerts...  the limit is 10 GB per month. Not certain if that means 10 new GB every month or total. Anyway, the current pics are "supposed" to come back live on the 16th, which is Monday, so we'll see.  If the 10 GB is total, then I need to find another free storage site. Suggestions?  

weird, cuz I checked my account there after the last upload and I was still short of their limit; probably a lag in their updating my account.  Too bad, I was planning on some more stuff today...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 07:28:40 AM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 09:55:03 AM »

Suggestions?  

I use www.tinypic.com but there are plenty other possibilities ...

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »

Suggestions?  

I use www.tinypic.com but there are plenty other possibilities ...

Such as? 
Tinypic is owned and operated by Photobucket( where I hangs my hat) Suppose I can try using it and see if that upsets the cart; but I don't want to lose all the pics I have on the bucket...

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2011, 11:26:32 PM »

if you google search terms such as "sharing pictures" or "uploading pictures" you'll get a whole bunch of websites that offer this service. One might have to take a membership for some of them. I just picked the first one for which that wasn't necessary.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2011, 09:05:10 PM »

if you google search terms such as "sharing pictures" or "uploading pictures" you'll get a whole bunch of websites that offer this service. One might have to take a membership for some of them. I just picked the first one for which that wasn't necessary.

Thanxx. remind me to try this if I get booted again; for now, I'm live. Yippee!!

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »

The Making of Holland book. Back in early '73 there was a stack of them on the front counter at Record Facory. Or was it Tower, I don't remember. I asked the guy if they were freebies - he said, "Yeah, take one"!  So I grabbed a handful and he didn't say anything. I shoulda grabbed the whole stack of them!

Tower Records had a huge box of free Holland books next to the exit at the front door.  I only took two, convinced that I needed to leave the rest of them for others to discover that The Beach Boys were still making great music in 1973.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2011, 01:18:22 AM »

and what the heck! while I'm doing "odds and ends" here's an invitation to a 1965 press conference, AND, while I realize they're not promotional( when has taking a thread in a different direction ever been a problem on this board) here are one side each of the BBs three pocket discs ( there's a 4th disc which is a promo only, but it doesn't have "labels"; Brian talks on one side, with a cut by Mama Cass and Tiny Tim is on the other. "Put Me In Your Pocket"): 

No telling what I'll find in these boxes...

Wow, the Beach Boys on Pocket Discs.  I had totally forgotten about that format.  Basically a smaller and round implementation of the usually square shaped Eva Tone Flexi Discs that could be sent in the mail and were sometimes bound into magazines like Mad.

I recall seeing Pocket Discs around somewhere back in the day, but where were they sold?  And what did they cost?  Seems like some Pocket Discs may have even been freebies somewhere, like in a cereal box.  I do recall that such discs had a ton of surface noise when you played them. 

First bgas posts photos of the BBs on PlayTapes, and now Pocket Discs.  Could there possibly be some other rare format that BB stuff was released on?  As far as more modern but defunct formats are concerned, I don't recall the BBs were ever being released on DAT or MiniDisc, which probably means that bgas has a bunch of such releases in his collection.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2011, 06:37:06 AM »

Wow, the Beach Boys on Pocket Discs.  I had totally forgotten about that format.  Basically a smaller and round implementation of the usually square shaped Eva Tone Flexi Discs that could be sent in the mail and were sometimes bound into magazines like Mad.

I recall seeing Pocket Discs around somewhere back in the day, but where were they sold?  And what did they cost?  Seems like some Pocket Discs may have even been freebies somewhere, like in a cereal box.  I do recall that such discs had a ton of surface noise when you played them. 

First bgas posts photos of the BBs on PlayTapes, and now Pocket Discs.  Could there possibly be some other rare format that BB stuff was released on?  As far as more modern but defunct formats are concerned, I don't recall the BBs were ever being released on DAT or MiniDisc, which probably means that bgas has a bunch of such releases in his collection.

Thanxx!  Wish there was some other formats, cuz I'd sure like to have them...  They did make it to Minidisc with The Absolute Best Vol. 1: 

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2011, 05:17:57 PM »

Hah!  I should have known you'd probably have a BBs MiniDisc or DAT, even though I rather doubted any had ever been made.  (DAT and MD are/were both great digital recording formats.  But I only bought blank tapes/discs for both formats, although a Springsteen MiniDisc came with one of my MD recorders and a Colors of Jazz six pack came with one of my DAT recorders.)

Getting back to the Pocket Discs, do you have any idea where were they sold and how much they cost?   They were probably considerably more popular than prerecorded MDs or DATs (which isn't necessarily saying much from a sales standpoint) and did have the advantage of being able to play them on a regular record player, but I'm still thinking that not many of them were sold.  Had PlayTapes disappeared from the market when Pocket Discs were introduced, or was there an overlap of both formats being available at the same time?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »

Hah!  I should have known you'd probably have a BBs MiniDisc or DAT, even though I rather doubted any had ever been made.  (DAT and MD are/were both great digital recording formats.  But I only bought blank tapes/discs for both formats, although a Springsteen MiniDisc came with one of my MD recorders and a Colors of Jazz six pack came with one of my DAT recorders.)
Getting back to the Pocket Discs, do you have any idea where were they sold and how much they cost?   They were probably considerably more popular than prerecorded MDs or DATs (which isn't necessarily saying much from a sales standpoint) and did have the advantage of being able to play them on a regular record player, but I'm still thinking that not many of them were sold.  Had PlayTapes disappeared from the market when Pocket Discs were introduced, or was there an overlap of both formats being available at the same time?

All good questions, of which I mostly don't know. The Pocket discs were available via Americom( the manufacturer) vending machines and came in a generic Pocket Disc sleeve. The sleeves are somewhat rare also( I don't have any) as they were simple covers without writing, other than maybe the manufacturer's name, so most were  evidently trashed.  I think Playtapes and Pocket discs were available at the same time.
 Huh! Here's probably all you need to know about Pocket discs( except for all the BBs listings):  http://www.rarebeatles.com/photospg/flexiad.htm
  I take that back; THIS is really cool!     http://wn.com/1969_Americom_ABC_Records_Music_Swinger_Pocket_Disc_Record_Player   
 Be really neat to find one of these babies...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:59:58 PM by bgas » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2011, 11:21:47 PM »

The American Band docu was not only released on video (and later on DVD), but also on Laserdisc.

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2011, 02:57:24 AM »

So too was Endless Harmony and 25 Years Together.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Christian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2011, 07:18:36 AM »

They did make it to Minidisc with The Absolute Best Vol. 1

... and "Pet Sounds", at least over here in Europe (Capitol C8 07777 48421 8 1).
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »

1990 promotional sheets I received when I ordered Ed Wincentsen's book "Denny Remembered.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2011, 11:26:42 AM »

A Beach Boys Cafe napkin !

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »

2007 Best Of The Beach Boys CD + frisbee. Scan is a bit unclear, but it's actually a light blue frisbee

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2011, 01:52:19 PM »

2007 Best Of The Beach Boys CD + frisbee. Scan is a bit unclear, but it's actually a light blue frisbee

That's cool. Never knew they made a frisbee for that.
Best Frisbees I've seen are the home-made ones done with copies of Lokking back With Love

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2011, 05:36:02 PM »

Very cool, Smile Holland.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2011, 03:54:11 AM »

I decided I'd better deliver some better quality pictures  Smiley

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2011, 05:56:44 AM »

I decided I'd better deliver some better quality pictures  Smiley

ahh, that is a cool promo!  Is that two CDs?

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »

Of course it's 2 CD's! But you don't collect CD's, do you Bgas?

Cool promo! The only frisbee I have is the one for 15 Big Ones.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Christian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2011, 07:10:22 AM »

ahh, that is a cool promo!  Is that two CDs?

It´s one CD and a round paper inlay. And to be exact: this isn´t a promo item. The frisbee + CD was on sale at TCHIBO coffee shops in Germany.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2011, 07:20:16 AM »

A coffee shop. No wonder we haven't seen them in the U.S. Starbucks should put something out like this. Here's what they looked like bagged:

http://sonic.net/~dsktracy/bbstuff/Miscellaneous/pages/2007%20frisbee%20with%20CD%20from%20EMI%20Germany.html

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx