-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Exodus Part Three: The Resign Thread + The Long Version Of What Happened
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exodus Part Three: The Resign Thread + The Long Version Of What Happened  (Read 59743 times)
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2006, 08:00:29 PM »

This is like a fight between a bunch of little kids. I'm younger than all of you here and I can actually leave the computer room and get to bed now. My day hasn't been ruffled with any of this and it will disturb my dreaming none. I'll be back tomorrow to see who has flat tires on their bike and who has gum in their hair.

Goodnight folks.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2006, 08:01:19 PM »

The Sandbox  The place for off-topic, unmoderated, uncensored conversations.  

Yep-- I made that change for you, Ian, and we see what good came of that.

Man, I was always in favor of moderation and censoring threads when necessary. That was CHRIS D's issue.
I was the one who got into hot water for killing threads when I was a moderator.
I mean, come on. Censor away.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
scooter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2006, 08:01:28 PM »

a lock down SEEMS like censorship,but then again, maybe not...or to get to the heart matter--f*** it, let's move on...

I know a lot and I know there's a lot I don't know
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2006, 08:02:01 PM »

My day hasn't been ruffled with any of this and it will disturb my dreaming none.

Just as it should be.  And goodnight to you, as well.

This may seem silly, but it ruffled my day today, and I'm letting this happen so it won't ruffle tomorrow.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2006, 08:02:06 PM »

I understand its suppose to be uncensored...but theres nothing else going on the board and this is the only active place...and in all honestly, its getting repetative. Seriously, its endless bickering, reread each others posts and youll notice its just two mirrors spewing teh same sh*t back and forth.

If you dont want to be active in this board, fine, leave and thats it. Why keep coming back to argue about something thats not going to get resolve? What is it that you ultimately want from visiting this board as a guest? You might as well reregister and go at it if it really means that much to you.

Like I said, only reason Im reading all this is because theres nothing else going on, and I hope some interesting conversations spark in the Music forum soon. Maybe I should avoid it all together, but thats just not my style. Cool

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2006, 08:03:10 PM »

The Sandbox  The place for off-topic, unmoderated, uncensored conversations. 

Yep-- I made that change for you, Ian, and we see what good came of that.

Man, I was always in favor of moderation and censoring threads when necessary. That was CHRIS D's issue.
I was the one who got into hot water for killing threads when I was a moderator.
I mean, come on. Censor away.

I love you, Ian.  You criticize me for saying I'm going to lock down a thread, then you say it's okay.  I miss you already.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2006, 08:04:28 PM »

a lock down SEEMS like censorship,but then again, maybe not...or to get to the heart matter--f*** it, let's move on...

Let's!

Actually, I need to go to bed.  I'll move on tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone.  I think most of this was worth it.  Let's fill up the important parts of the board tomorrow.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2006, 08:05:57 PM »

You criticize me

Nope, just merely pointing out the irony.

Hope your board without us goes well, Charles.

it ain't over.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2006, 08:09:42 PM »

it ain't over.

If you mean the board, no, it's not over by a long shot.

If you mean something else, I'm all ears.

LaurieBiagini
Smiley Smile Newbie

Songwriter/Singer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

The first PM from Chuck:

Quote from: LaurieArleen
This is iso old and tiring already.. When I told you that your actions were making me uncomfortable (way back when), you stopped, and that was great. But then at every opportunity you started making these passive agressive posts saying everything was making you uncomfortable.. and it was clear that you were mocking our conversation. THAT's what offended me.. I've since tried to forget about it.

It's old and tiring but you keep bringing it up. You've tried to forget about it, but you keep bringing it up.

I joke about the "uncomfortable" comment because I know this was not a case of sweet innocent Laurie being stalked by evil Chuck. Nor was the professor thing that simple. The things I've learned since then have made it clear what really happened in both cases. One second you said you liked the photoshop nonsense I and others were making, the next second it makes you "uncomfortable," and I've continued to have it thrown in my face since then, to the point where Jon and Ian now talk about "naked photos of Laurie." Essentially, I've been made into Professor part II, and it's a complete load of garbage.

So, yes, I apologise for mocking you, but you don't get a free pass to play the Virgin Mary card with me. I know better.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second PM:

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:16 pm

Quote from: LaurieArleen
I don't know what you learned that makes you think otherwise, but I'm extremely offended now. How dare you say that about me. Just leave me alone.

I wish it were that easy. However, what was a small joke that you asked me stop, all that time ago, never goes away. You and others keep bringing it up and throwing it in my face. I'm "mocking" you. I make you feel "uncomfortable." I'm told I was creating naked pictures of you. I have to read on other boards how people were "shocked" that I would do such a thing. It's gotten to the point where no one, not even you I think, remembers exactly what it is I did that was so awful. I remember, however, and I remember how it was funny to you at first, and suddenly it wasn't. And how it became fodder for the rumor mill. And how it's continued to be used as a flag to wave to announce what a victim you are. But I've seen things I wish I hadn't, and I know you aren't the victim people have made you out to be.

I've tried to not say anything when I read it. I've certainly kept quiet about the things I've found about the Professor, and things that I've discovered since then. But I've found if I say nothing, it only reinforces the impression that sad, innocent Laurie was brutalized by another online stalker. I will not roll over, shut up, and let what was a harmless joke continue to snowball.

My hope and prayer is that someday you and the Professor can forgive each other for the trespasses you caused each other. I hope the same for you and me. Honesty would be a good start to the process.

Check out my music on my website: http://www.myspace.com/lauriebiaginimusic
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2006, 08:13:48 PM »

Hope your board without us goes well, Charles.

it ain't over.

ugh, thats the most pathetic response ever.

and "it aint over"...I think H&V said it best, youre acting like a bunch of middle school kids.

get over yourselves.

--
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2006, 08:14:11 PM »

I certainly hope Laurie doesn't mind you posting her private messages, but I guess at this point they really aren't all that private anymore.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2006, 08:16:16 PM »

you don't get a free pass to play the Virgin Mary card with me. I know better.

Haha, Charles. Good one. I loved North Country too.

Amosario, above me, BBBBBBBB-LLLOOOWWWW me.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2006, 08:17:26 PM »

thats sexual harrassment, and I dont have to take it.

youll be recieving a call from my lawyer.

--
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2006, 08:19:37 PM »

thats sexual harrassment, and I dont have to take it.

youll be recieving a call from my lawyer.

SMOG MAKES ME DO THESE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2006, 08:22:27 PM »

Oh, and sorry, Ian, I thought you posted the IMs.  I read just now on Jon's board that Laurie did it herself.

Evenreven
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2006, 08:24:29 PM »

SMOG MAKES ME DO THESE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm....
Bootleg-related, but only semi-obscure.
Slightly wrongly remembered.
Plus for context to use it in.

I give your semi-obscure, bootleg-related reference response a 3.5
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2006, 08:27:42 PM »

Oh, and sorry, Ian, I thought you posted the IMs.  I read just now on Jon's board that Laurie did it herself.

I read just now on Jon's board that Laurie did it herself.

OK, Prof.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2006, 08:29:55 PM »

I read just now on Jon's board that Laurie did it herself.

OK, Prof.

If you think that's funny, given today, you are seriously wrong.   Out of love, I have to say, once again, you've gone too far.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 08:35:10 PM by Charles LePage » Logged

theCOD
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2006, 08:30:53 PM »

And Posts: 7 and Posts: 8, have fun.

90% of the major-volume posters have de-registered in one day. And it's all a witch-hunt. Sure.

I thought we were friends, Mr. Guest.  Sad
Evenreven
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2006, 08:31:52 PM »

Methinks the guest did not catch your acronym properly...
Susan
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2006, 08:44:51 PM »

I think this is a job for "Holy sh*t."  Sometimes nothing else will do.

All of My Dad's Truck's on-line tracks all in one place!
theCOD
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2006, 08:58:43 PM »

Methinks the guest did not catch your acronym properly...

I don't think so.  I guess I'm an asshole now because I won't pick a side.
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2006, 09:18:31 PM »

Yet another old complaint.  I remember when Jon Hunt was unhappy, right after the Professor incident, that I didn't learn sooner how to read people's private messages.   Then it became this outrage, 'he can read our private messages?  outrageous!'  Now people actually post their OWN private messages to "prove" what they claim to already know, that I read their private messages. 

First off: I was NEVER upset that we were unable to read private messages. If you can produce a quote proving that, I would be most intersted. Let''s hear it, Chuck. Because I have NEVER said that. Private messages, for good or ill, are supposed to be PRIVATE. Hence the name. If people have issues with what goes on in PRIVATE MESSAGES I'd hope they'd do like Laurie did: contact the moderator. Which she did, and we took care of it.

You know what? I still think reading people's private messages and not admitting to it is absolutely outrageous. Frankly: I would have been not the least bit offended if somebody had admitted AT ANY POINT to reading private messages. But when you were called out on it, Chuck, you admitted nothing. You didn't deny nor did you admit. Neither that you'd read or you hadn't read. And I think that's pathetic -- either ADMIT TO YOUR MODERATION or deny it wholeheartedly. HONESTY. What happened was that I was quoted on a poll from a message I'd sent IN PRIVATE to Ian. And that's neither fair nor right. At the very least cop to your moderation.

Again, I wasn't looking for gossip, I was looking for the truth.

The truth was none of your fucking business.

And if there really is a behind the scenes story on Andy Paley and Brian Wilson, apparently it's going to be kept in the inner circle of BB fandom, along with the unbooted songs that only a select few get to hear.

BOO FUCKING HOO. Last night I had sex with my wife. It, too, is private. Guess what, Chuck: not everything is for public consumption. Sometimes things don't get to go in your lamely-designed timeline.

This entire thread is built on a series of sad, pathetic lies. You can believe what you like. If you hate me, fine. Whoop-de-do. Have fun, folks. I'm being honest. Ian is being honest. We're telling it like it is, based on actual viewing of actual messages sent by Chuck. He can spin it however he likes: the truth be told his treatment of Laurie is harssement, plain and simple. You can make light or joke about it or whatever, it is this simple:

I saw the messages.

They were nasty, cruel and in my opinion constituted harassment. We reacted in kind.

Take it how you will. I'm only, y'know, the founder of this message board and sh*t. New folks might not understand, but at one point that meant something.

Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2006, 09:45:06 PM »

And furthermore:

So, yes, I apologise for mocking you, but you don't get a free pass to play the Virgin Mary card with me. I know better.

This line ALONE, in context of what went down with the Prof, is so offensive I cannot fathom people wouldn't be outraged.

If you're not, search yourself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: