-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Exodus Part Three: The Resign Thread + The Long Version Of What Happened
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exodus Part Three: The Resign Thread + The Long Version Of What Happened  (Read 61320 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:24:24 PM »

Charles, due to your continued harassment of Laurie by PM, I am deleting my account. Get well soon.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:25:40 PM »

All others who agree, please follow suit.

Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:26:34 PM »

Charles, due to your continued harassment of Laurie by PM, I am deleting my account. Get well soon.

Since, once again, matters that Laurie insists be private are made public again, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them right here.  I'll answer them to the best of my ability.  

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 01:29:45 PM »

I second Ian's notion, and furthermore add that I am withdrawing my membership along with any and all support for this site. When John and I built this community back in the day, we did it with a spirit of love and a sense of community and friendship. It is very, very clear to me that this spirit has been wholly absent from the moderation of this site for a very long time. Sarcasm, ridicule, belittling, back-handed sniping, and now victim-blaming and harassment are the order of the day.

This is not the community we helped build. This is something other. Enjoy yourselves. I'll be seeing you.
Maybelline
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 01:32:26 PM »

Yep me too. I'm shocked that you feel fit to talk to a member of your own board like that. It's really disappointing.
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 01:34:13 PM »

Jon, refering to Laurie as a "victim" in regards to me only shows that not only do you not have all or any of the facts of what happened, but you are mistaken as to exactly what happened with her and the Professor.  Moreso, she asked that we take our conversation today to PMs.  If she didn't want to talk to me about the exagerated incident from the past, I shouldn't have been invited to do so.

Maybelline
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 01:38:02 PM »

Hope to see all the great posters again at the friendly board!
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 01:38:52 PM »

Maybelline, I can only assume you've either read our PMs, or have been told about them.  Either way, as I have told Laurie, I can't abide by the fiction that she has been a helpless victim the entire time she has been on this board.  Her hands were not clean when dealing with the Professor, and the continued manipulation of a one time joke from me, by her and others, got old a long time ago.  

In the end, this should be between her and me.  But, as usual, it isn't.

Jason
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 01:39:58 PM »

Man, I'm so out of here. No one deserves to be treated like that. I, too, am deleting my account and severing all ties with Charles LePage.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 01:47:27 PM by Dr. UNH, Esq. aka Jason » Logged
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 01:43:47 PM »

Private, not private, whatever: a member of your forum in no way deserves to be talked to like that.

You heard it here, folks. The victim's to blame.
Laurie
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 01:45:50 PM »

Maybelline, I can only assume you've either read our PMs, or have been told about them.  Either way, as I have told Laurie, I can't abide by the fiction that she has been a helpless victim the entire time she has been on this board.  Her hands were not clean when dealing with the Professor, and the continued manipulation of a one time joke from me, by her and others, got old a long time ago.  

In the end, this should be between her and me.  But, as usual, it isn't.
What FACTS are you referring to?  You make it out like I'm some kind of slut or something, which I'm not!!! I don't know where you get your information but no one deserves to be treated this way.  You are so wrong and should be so ashamed of yourself.   I'm outta here too.
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 01:46:25 PM »

Private, not private, whatever: a member of your forum in no way deserves to be talked to like that.

You heard it here, folks. The victim's to blame.

What did I say?

And how is someone a victim when they say one day something is okay and funny, the next day it's not, and then continually bring it up even when the matter is apologised for?  Seems like a strange definition of victim, "guest."

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 01:47:04 PM »

What FACTS are you referring to?  You make it out like I'm some kind of slut or something, which I'm not!!! I don't know where you get your information but no one deserves to be treated this way.  You are so wrong and should be so ashamed of yourself.   I'm outta here too.

Do you really want me to discuss this here?

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 01:55:14 PM »

We are leaving. Because of your behavior to Laurie, Charles.

Say amen somebody.

Jason
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 01:56:28 PM »

What's wrong, Charles? You afraid the whole board will find out what happened?
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 01:59:29 PM »

soooooooooo what happened?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 02:03:39 PM »

This is really painful to do.  This whole situation stinks all around and there is no one source of trouble IMO.

But I must say I have to agree with the exodus.  Charles, it is not all about today's events either.  I will be honest -- a large part of my tie here has been the online relationship I have had with John and jon for going on 10 years.  We aren't buds but I have always liked them and my board loyalties were always to them.  Justified or not, that is how it has been for me.  I had to be coaxed back here after the meltdown against my instincts, because I was offended that their board was resurrected with a new name against their wishes (so it seemed).  I have never felt completely at home here.

Charles, there are so many other things at work here than just relationships with the mod. Some of them involve other posters whom I won't drag in here.  But to set the record straight, here is where I am coming from:  I already posted my concern for your attempts to set the morals straight on this board, when it seems -- just from my public view -- like there have been times when you have participated in your own way as much as anyone.  In addition, I was offended in the way you came over to the Smile Shop board seeking gossip (and let's call a spade a spade -- it was gossip you were after) about Brian Wilson and Andy Paley, even after it was made clear that this wasn't welcome, just for a project of yours. You come there either seeking that or else to check up on what is said about you but for no other reason and that is offensive to me.   Finally, there are today's event which are just a last straw sort of thing.  I don't know what "really" happened, and I don't need to know.  There are enough threats made clear in the PM I was shown to demonstrate that, whatever happened, Laurie was under a current attack from you.  If you really had an issue with her, you could have been more gentle and open in your attempts to communicate.  Instead, the anger you clearly have inside about your reputation colored your response. 

Two boards has always been a pain, but I have done it because not every one came over to the Smile Shop.  Now it doesn't matter.  Anyone that needs me can find me there.
Jason
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 02:11:57 PM »

Wow, I've just seen the PMs. Charles should be ashamed of himself.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 02:19:35 PM »

Huh Shocked Sad Undecided
GP1138
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 02:23:23 PM »

I haven't seen anything yet, but from what I've heard it's harsh.

What the f***?
asswax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 02:25:08 PM »

ask chuck.

what did you say?
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 02:29:10 PM »

Yes, seriously, what's this all about?  Why are respected board members flocking in droves?  I'm seriously confused.

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 02:36:21 PM »

Sadly, the time has come.  Goodbye all.

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
asswax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 02:36:30 PM »

seems like being inaccessbile and unapproachable at this point in time would be a bad thing.

the only recourse is to go jimmy swaggert.

"Everything that I will attempt to say to you this morning will be from my heart. I will not speak from a prepared script. Knowing the consequences of what I will say and that much of it will be taken around the world, as it should be, I am positive that all that I want to say I will not be able to articulate as I would desire. But I would pray that you will somehow feel the anguish, the pain, and the love of my heart. I have always -- every single time that I have stood before a congregation and a television camera -- I have met and faced the issues head-on. I have never sidestepped or skirted unpleasantries. I have tried to be like a man and to preach this gospel exactly as I have seen it without fear or reservation or compromise. I can do no less this morning.

I do not plan in any way to whitewash my sin. I do not call it a mistake, a mendacity; I call it sin. I would much rather, if possible -- and in my estimation it would not be possible -- to make it worse than less than it actually is. I have no one but myself to blame. I do not lay the fault or the blame of the charge at anyone else's feet. For no one is to blame but Chuck LePage. I take the responsibility. I take the blame. I take the fault."

Undecided
JoshuaDoom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 02:44:26 PM »

Peace.

Doom.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: