-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:20:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Questions about Audacity.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions about Audacity.  (Read 14840 times)
armona
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 01:34:27 PM »

OK, I'm having problems with Audacity again. I'm hoping somebody here can help me out. I'm trying to piece together two seperate pieces of music together. I tried it last night and everything worked ok, so I know I'm just doing something wrong. Why can't I get one sound file on the bottom, and the other above? It keeps opening a second Audacity main page, instead of having one file directly above or below a secod one. Did that make sense? I hope it did. lol Anyway, whenever I've edited two pieces together, I always have one file right below the top one, and I just slide the file to the top and just move it to where the other sound file ends. I've been pressing the "<->" icon, but it's not working the way it did last night. lol

You should just be able to select "Project>import audio" and it will add a new separate stereo track below whatever is already there. Not sure what the problem would be if that doesn't work.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 09:47:32 PM »

Thanks, I figured it out a few days ago. I was trying to open from the "recent files" in Audacity itself. I forgot that you have to save files and then import them from where you saved. I still make a few noob mistakes sometimes.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2011, 11:55:23 AM »

Now, I have a question!

I know the whole 'split track to mono>invert one channel' removes the centre channel. Now what I posit to you is.... how do you keep the centre? From my limited knowledge, I'm wondering whether it's possible in Audacity? Is that where the hardcore spectral analysis comes in?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2011, 09:21:23 PM »

I was just about to post another question.  Grin I want to be able to hear one recording in one channel, and something different in the other channel. Two different recordings playing at the same time, only seperated between channels. I know how to combine recordings to synch up, and I know how to edit one section to play directly after the other ends, but not how to do what I've described above. I know how to save a recording that I panned to one side though. If I save the right channel of a recording, and the left channel of another, what happens when I try to put them together? I don't want to have an equal amount of audio on both sides. I want to be able to hear specific sounds on each seperate channel. Confused yet? I am.  LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: