gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680809 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 10:04:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1736756 times)
space_cadet
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: October 28, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »

I too have been stupid enough to order my boxset through Amazon (sob). It being Halloween weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if my rotting corpse will be getting a Post-Mortem by the time it actually arrives. It's not even mine!  Wink
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: October 28, 2011, 11:16:18 AM »

Wrightfan: you've posted so much about this album, your AVATAR has exceeded the bandwith that Photobucket allows.  You sir, deserve some kind of fan award for that, lol. 

I don't even post here as much as I could  LOL
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: October 28, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »

Good, good, good vibrations (Good Vibrations (Early take) is in stereo!

and the Alternate Edit is a medley of teh verse vocals of Good, good, good vibrations and teh rest of the rarities version.

People are getting so excited, they're starting to misspell sh*t, LOL.  I love it. 
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: October 28, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »

Good, good, good vibrations (Good Vibrations (Early take) is in stereo!

and the Alternate Edit is a medley of teh verse vocals of Good, good, good vibrations and teh rest of the rarities version.

People are getting so excited, they're starting to misspell sh*t, LOL.  I love it. 

Its a general problem of mine - I hit the e before the h when typing the or there

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: October 28, 2011, 11:21:33 AM »

I'm not busting your balls, I'm just saying your excitement is bleeding through, that's cool man!
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8205 on: October 28, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »

Just checked my bank account. I have never been so happy to see a large amount of money disappear from my bank account(approximately $181 for me). It's on its way.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: October 28, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »

Just checked my bank account. I have never been so happy to see a large amount of money disappear from my bank account(approximately $181 for me). It's on its way.

Where did you order and where do you live?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: October 28, 2011, 11:34:31 AM »

Dear amazon, ship my damn box!  Angry

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8208 on: October 28, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »

I ordered from Amazon.de and live in the Czech Republic. So I will have it early next week. I was worried, because when I ordered it told me that it could take up to five weeks to ship(after release).
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: October 28, 2011, 11:41:25 AM »

I ordered from Amazon.de and live in the Czech Republic. So I will have it early next week. I was worried, because when I ordered it told me that it could take up to five weeks to ship(after release).

OK thanks. I saw that and got all excited.  LOL
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: October 28, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »

Where's my box, and my carrot?

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8211 on: October 28, 2011, 12:01:28 PM »

My local store had the 2-CD set AND the boxset. It was very tempting but more expensive than the one I ordered online... So I decided to wait for the boxset to arrive, but I bought the 2-CD set.

It's good. Very, very, very, VERY GOOD.

I don't have anything more to say at the moment.

That's what I'm going to buy too, man.  I still can't justify spending so much on the big boxset but it looks great.  I'm going to have to make do with the 2cd set, did you get yours in the States?  

I know to 'us' we think this is a huge release, and it's pretty big, but unless it's like the newest/hottest/hippest rap act out, a LOT of stores put the CD's on the shelves ahead of time.  I'll bet you could buy it as soon as they get it in in about half the mom and pop stores and probably a lot of the Best Buys, etc.  

Edit: Just noticed you're from France.  Viva La France!  BTW Thank you for the beautiful statue. 

You're welcome! Should the Chinese claim their money, don't hesitate to scrap it, it's worth a fortune in bronze and steel  Grin

Also I think you may have misunderstood me - I grabbed the 2-CD set immediately, but I also ordered the boxset on Amazon.com. When I held a boxset in my hands today at the store, I toyed with the idea of immediately buying it and cancelling my Amazon order, but the €62 difference compared to the one I saw in the store today makes it okay to wait just a few days more.

Then again, chances are you'll be able to listen to the boxset soon without even spending a dime on it. Not that I condone such practices  Grin

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
D. Eric
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: October 28, 2011, 12:04:31 PM »

As far as Van Dyke's non involvement in the set and promotion, could it be a money thing, like the Frank Holmes situation with BWPS?  Like maybe he wanted some some kind of consultation consideration and they couldn't come to terms.  Other than that maybe he feels like he's already gone through all this fairly recently, and closed the book on it.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: October 28, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »

It sounds like some of you guys have never ordered a pre-order from Amazon US before.  
They will most likely ship the box Sunday night.  You will get it on Tuesday.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: October 28, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »

My local store had the 2-CD set AND the boxset. It was very tempting but more expensive than the one I ordered online... So I decided to wait for the boxset to arrive, but I bought the 2-CD set.

It's good. Very, very, very, VERY GOOD.

I don't have anything more to say at the moment.

That's what I'm going to buy too, man.  I still can't justify spending so much on the big boxset but it looks great.  I'm going to have to make do with the 2cd set, did you get yours in the States?  

I know to 'us' we think this is a huge release, and it's pretty big, but unless it's like the newest/hottest/hippest rap act out, a LOT of stores put the CD's on the shelves ahead of time.  I'll bet you could buy it as soon as they get it in in about half the mom and pop stores and probably a lot of the Best Buys, etc.  

Edit: Just noticed you're from France.  Viva La France!  BTW Thank you for the beautiful statue. 

You're welcome! Should the Chinese claim their money, don't hesitate to scrap it, it's worth a fortune in bronze and steel  Grin

Also I think you may have misunderstood me - I grabbed the 2-CD set immediately, but I also ordered the boxset on Amazon.com. When I held a boxset in my hands today at the store, I toyed with the idea of immediately buying it and cancelling my Amazon order, but the €62 difference compared to the one I saw in the store today makes it okay to wait just a few days more.

Then again, chances are you'll be able to listen to the boxset soon without even spending a dime on it. Not that I condone such practices  Grin

Everybody knows if the Chinese claim their money, we're just going to start World War III.  Even the Bronze in the statue wouldn't make a dent in that debt, lol.

Oh I get what you're saying now.  I haven't decided if morally I think it's wrong for me to buy the 2cd set and download parts of the box set yet, lol.  I haven't so far. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: October 28, 2011, 12:16:11 PM »

As far as Van Dyke's non involvement in the set and promotion, could it be a money thing, like the Frank Holmes situation with BWPS?  Like maybe he wanted some some kind of consultation consideration and they couldn't come to terms.  Other than that maybe he feels like he's already gone through all this fairly recently, and closed the book on it.

Could be.  He was all over Brian's 2004 album release, though, so I would guess it's not a money thing.  I think like you said he's closed the book on it. 

I heard rumours on this board a while back that Van Dyke and Brian weren't on the best of terms.  Brian said in an interview somewhere that him and Van Dyke weren't very close, lol, and also he scrapped Van Dyke's lyrics on "Live Let Live" although of course Van Dyke's other stuff was on TLOS. 
Paul2010
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: October 28, 2011, 12:44:54 PM »

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but the sessions notes in the book actually tell us that the Water Chant was recorded after Smile! (Although that's how I read it, the intro the track 18 on disc 1, recorded 10/67, Cool Cool Water Chant...)
D. Eric
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: October 28, 2011, 01:03:09 PM »

The unboxing videos and photos are giving me pangs of jealousy but it's some consolation that I get to pick up my box set from Brian himself on Tuesday, at the Fingerprints signing.  Cool
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: October 28, 2011, 01:16:39 PM »

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but the sessions notes in the book actually tell us that the Water Chant was recorded after Smile! (Although that's how I read it, the intro the track 18 on disc 1, recorded 10/67, Cool Cool Water Chant...)

Maybe they mean the da-da flyins? If not, that's VERY surprising. The Water chant always seemed like a SMiLE era piece to me.
Paul2010
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: October 28, 2011, 01:23:02 PM »

Maybe they mean the da-da flyins? If not, that's VERY surprising. The Water chant always seemed like a SMiLE era piece to me.

No,, I think these are mentioned along with the Love To Say Dada session notes. I always thought the Water Chant was a Smile recording as well...
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8220 on: October 28, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »

The story I always understood was that "water" was just barely begun before they abandoned the album, so that would make sense that the water chant came later.  Or it could just be the first spotted error, lol. 
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: October 28, 2011, 01:25:34 PM »

No,, I think these are mentioned along with the Love To Say Dada session notes. I always thought the Water Chant was a Smile recording as well...

Interesting. Not too too surprising though I guess. Brian still did SMiLE stuff after SMiLE ended.

Will make a note of this if I try another fan mix.
Surfing Moose
Smiley Smile Associate

violation of §12: failing to surf...

View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: October 28, 2011, 01:35:17 PM »

My wife said, when I opened the amazon cardboard box today after work, I was just like a little child unwrapping its toys on Christmas. But that's not true, it was even better. A dream came true.

Well, I just listened to it and I am really impressed. A fine piece of music and best of all: Good Vibrations with the "Humdidum" extension

A feel a little pity for you guys on the other side of the ocean, still 4 days to go...

Now I'll listen again, but on headphones
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: October 28, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »

A feel a little pity for you guys on the other side of the ocean, still 4 days to go...

A LITTLE? YOU SON OF A (CENSORED)  LOL
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8224 on: October 28, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »

Then it's agreed: Surfing Moose joins the list of "People Who Suck."

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx