gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680823 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:13:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1736936 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2950 on: August 03, 2011, 12:32:30 PM »

Man, if a silly argument can add almost 10 pages to this thread in a day, we're gonna crash the server once there's a tracklist released...

Blood on the walls, brains on the night-stand, teeth on the floor and red snappers... elsewhere.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: August 03, 2011, 12:36:12 PM »

Hi - longtime lurker, first-time poster.  I truly enjoy all of the discourse on this board and just wanted to offer my two cents, for what it's worth (which I guess would be two cents as I previously stated).  On March 14, 2011, Capitol/EMI issued the a press release that stated the following:
With the full participation of original Beach Boys Al Jardine, Mike Love, and Brian Wilson, Capitol/EMI has collected and compiled the definitive collection, ‘The SMiLE Sessions,’ for worldwide release this year in multiple physical and digital configurations.
Until someone can point me to another official announcement from Capitol/EMI stating something to the contrary, I have no reason to expect otherwise.
I look forward to posting when I have something truly meaningful to contribute (hopefully it will be about the announced tracklist, etc)  Thanks for listening, er, reading.

Yup, when you really got back and read the press release from March this argument makes no sense  LOL
And you Sir have made the most sense on this board, all day. Thank you! Smiley

I've only lately realised October is 2!! months away..

Honestly who can't wait 2 months.

Now if we get nothing in October, we should all bow down to...... well you know who  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:43:27 PM by Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
shmenge7372
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: August 03, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »

Hi - longtime lurker, first-time poster.  I truly enjoy all of the discourse on this board and just wanted to offer my two cents, for what it's worth (which I guess would be two cents as I previously stated).  On March 14, 2011, Capitol/EMI issued the a press release that stated the following:
With the full participation of original Beach Boys Al Jardine, Mike Love, and Brian Wilson, Capitol/EMI has collected and compiled the definitive collection, ‘The SMiLE Sessions,’ for worldwide release this year in multiple physical and digital configurations.
Until someone can point me to another official announcement from Capitol/EMI stating something to the contrary, I have no reason to expect otherwise.
I look forward to posting when I have something truly meaningful to contribute (hopefully it will be about the announced tracklist, etc)  Thanks for listening, er, reading.

Best post in many pages.  Wink
Wow, best first post ever! Smiley

Dammit!  Nowhere to go but down from here!   LOL

Yeah - I'd consider retiring with a 1.000 average.  w00t!

Sound advice.  It's like you can see me...my foot firmly resting in front of my mouth, just waiting for an opportunity to enter!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: August 03, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »

No, you get someone who wants to deal with facts or at least deal with people who put some thought into their opinions.

Don't most people here do that? Or is it just the ones who tell us that they do that?
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: August 03, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,10436.msg190537.html#msg190537
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: August 03, 2011, 12:42:23 PM »

Yup, when you really got back and read the press release from March this argument makes no sense  LOL

I've on lately realised October is 2!! months away..

Now if we get nothing in October, we should all bow down to...... well you know who  
Well, as Sean has mentioned, the release stated this year, I believe? So, I'd hold off all bowing until after December 31st. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: August 03, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »

No, you get someone who wants to deal with facts or at least deal with people who put some thought into their opinions.

Don't most people here do that? Or is it just the ones who tell us that they do that?
Absolutely, most do, but what you quoted AGD as saying wasn't directed at the factual or thoughtful ones, was it?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:48:16 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
theCOD
« Reply #2957 on: August 03, 2011, 12:48:50 PM »

But what if the universe collapses into a dimensionless singularity? It's possible that this has already happened an infinite number of times, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Capital should let us know what they intend to do in the event of a Big Crunch. I think it goes without saying they've really dropped the ball here. What remains to be seen is everything from this point forward.

Oh, and welcome! Smokin
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: August 03, 2011, 12:49:28 PM »

I've on lately realised October is 2!! months away..

Well, as Sean has mentioned, the release stated this year, I believe? So, I'd hold off all bowing until after December 31st. Wink

Very true. Capitol has said nothing about October 4th

You would think they have though when people write stuff like this http://tiny.cc/ihj5a

shmenge7372
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: August 03, 2011, 12:50:44 PM »

Just to break my winning streak of 1 post...anyone buy into the theory that it was Marilyn who sh*t in the sandbox and just blamed it on Banana and Louie?   Grin
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2960 on: August 03, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »

But what if the universe collapses into a dimensionless singularity? It's possible that this has already happened an infinite number of times, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Capital should let us know what they intend to do in the event of a Big Crunch. I think it goes without saying they've really dropped the ball here. What remains to be seen is everything from this point forward.

Oh, and welcome! Smokin

What if there is a hell... and this is it ?  Thud

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: August 03, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »

That would be a bitch. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2962 on: August 03, 2011, 12:55:07 PM »

Just to break my winning streak of 1 post...anyone buy into the theory that it was Marilyn who sh*t in the sandbox and just blamed it on Banana and Louie?   Grin

In the absence of any, uh, hard evidence, that's as tenable a theory as any other.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: August 03, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »

You were right, it is only downhill from here  LOL

rogerlancelot
« Reply #2964 on: August 03, 2011, 01:14:39 PM »

I have often wondered if it was Tony Asher or Bruce?
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: August 03, 2011, 01:18:29 PM »

Wall Angry Wall Angry Wall Angry Wall Angry Wall Angry Wall Angry Wall Angry Wall Angry

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: August 03, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »

Absolutely, most do, but what you quoted AGD as saying wasn't directed at the factual or thoughtful ones, was it?

Well, as you can note by the url I posted, it was directed towards me. Since I was relying on a direct quotation, I would suggest that I was being factual and since my very livelihood depends on my ability to work with factual evidence and interrogate it, I don't think it was anything that warranted serious critique. Regardless, even if it wasn't factual, that wouldn't justify that kind of response. Not one single person on planet earth has that kind of authority, let alone someone who wasn't even being challenged on their facts.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: August 03, 2011, 01:26:34 PM »

Well, as you can note by the url I posted, it was directed towards me. Since I was relying on a direct quotation, I would suggest that I was being factual and since my very livelihood depends on my ability to work with factual evidence and interrogate it, I don't think it was anything that warranted serious critique. Regardless, even if it wasn't factual, that wouldn't justify that kind of response. Not one single person on planet earth has that kind of authority, let alone someone who wasn't even being challenged on their facts.

That is AGD's MO, it's sort of like how the pack leader or alpha male will sometimes give his inferiors a good thrashing just to remind them who's boss. As king nerd AGD needs to assert his dominance, usually by being pedantic about a totally off hand remark and getting riled up about "facts".

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2968 on: August 03, 2011, 01:31:44 PM »

For them as care to read things properly, it was you quoting someone else, thus:

"As drbeachboy noted before flying off into a tantrum, Bruce's own knowledge about the music is limited at best."

So, not directed towards you at all.  Whatever!

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: August 03, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »

I am sorry that you got your feelings hurt. It happens here quite often. I know that my skin has grown thicker since becoming a member here.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: August 03, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »

For them as care to read things properly, it was you quoting someone else, thus:

"As drbeachboy noted before flying off into a tantrum, Bruce's own knowledge about the music is limited at best."

So, not directed towards you at all.  Whatever!

Well, to be fair to drbeachboy here, he was extrapolating from my own point - though with his typical creative flair.

But, like I said, "for them as care to read things properly" - nothing warrants that kind of response because no one has the authority to make it.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2971 on: August 03, 2011, 01:39:04 PM »

That is AGD's MO, it's sort of like how the pack leader or alpha male will sometimes give his inferiors a good thrashing just to remind them who's boss. As king nerd AGD needs to assert his dominance, usually by being pedantic about a totally off hand remark and getting riled up about "facts".

My MO also includes posting under my own name and not using a macho/militaristic avatar. Also, iffn you were to conduct a quick straw poll, I think you'd find my 'pack' consists of one - me - and that all the others here take considerable issue with being described by you as my "inferiors". Some's trying to be divisive for their own ends, or for the sake of it, I'm thinking.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: August 03, 2011, 01:41:29 PM »

Humans are part of the animal kingdom. Alpha's come with the territory. You need to deal with it, is all. Come on Sgt. buck up, and SMiLE! Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: August 03, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »

I am sorry that you got your feelings hurt. It happens here quite often. I know that my skin has grown thicker since becoming a member here.

My feelings weren't hurt. A comment like that elicits laughter, not tears.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: August 03, 2011, 02:22:50 PM »

sh*t you people need to find something better to do.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx