gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:57:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 369 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1728612 times)
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9075 on: November 04, 2011, 07:08:42 AM »

My copy has a goshdarn digital glitch halfway through "Tones".

SIGH.

Same, parts of some Phil Collins song pops up a couple times in there.

My mind boggles at the very thought of what a Mrs. O'Leary's Cow/In The Air Tonight mashup would sound like.

hopefully not as bad as this one  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q68MMpDpALU&feature=related

i just came back from the malt shop cruise. chubby checker was one of the artists. saw 2 of his concerts. they were great. he still has it. met him many times while walking around and eating on the boat. very nice guy. but single lady sung over  the twist..well that just ain't right. chubby has tons more class.     of course...jmho

Chubby was seen eating many times... and has "tons" of class.   Who'd have thunk it?  LOL

when have you seen him in person? if so, when was the last time? chubby is not, today, "chubby". trim now, as a matter of fact. about the same, if not thinner, than i am. on stage he looks and acts great. walking around...something doesn't look right. his wife helps him. nothing funny about your statement or smiley.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: November 04, 2011, 07:15:47 AM »

Has anyone scanned the 45 Sleeves yet?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: November 04, 2011, 07:24:37 AM »

So, since I got the set on Monday, I've had Discs 1-4 on rotation NON-STOP. Once Disc 4 ends, back to Disc 1. I finally decided to throw in Disc 5 yesterday as a novelty, and as nice it is (and heard some new things) its back off the rotation. I like Good Vibes, don't get me wrong, but I am still a bit peeved a whole disc was dedicated to it. I wouldve preferred if they made Disc 5 a few GV tracks but also included more SMiLE related stuff, maybe even some SS if they had it...

I kinda have to agree. I would've loved to see a few more minutes of 'Child'-related bits. But being that GV was his first modulated hit I can understand the emphasis.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: November 04, 2011, 07:43:03 AM »

So, since I got the set on Monday, I've had Discs 1-4 on rotation NON-STOP. Once Disc 4 ends, back to Disc 1. I finally decided to throw in Disc 5 yesterday as a novelty, and as nice it is (and heard some new things) its back off the rotation. I like Good Vibes, don't get me wrong, but I am still a bit peeved a whole disc was dedicated to it. I wouldve preferred if they made Disc 5 a few GV tracks but also included more SMiLE related stuff, maybe even some SS if they had it...

I kinda have to agree. I would've loved to see a few more minutes of 'Child'-related bits. But being that GV was his first modulated hit I can understand the emphasis.

Also there is more depth to the GV sessions than any of the aforementioned tracks.  I mean you could probably include a little bit more of this or that (specifically vocal sessions) but GV was such an expansive piece of music with so many different intricate parts it really needs an entire disc (much like H&V) to tell the entire story.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: November 04, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »

The Dada tracks are blowing my mind.

+1

Cheers

Richard
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9080 on: November 04, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »

So...I've listened to about half the 5-CD set so far...words just don't do the feelings of the experience itself justice, as most of you know already, but here are a few observations:

- Just with "Heroes And Villains" alone, it is tragic that Brian and Van spent so much time in the studio getting these recordings made, only for the album to be cancelled.

- Really, even though I'm well familiar probably with a near-vast majority of the tracks on this set, it's as if I'm hearing all this stuff for the first time. I really think the sound quality contributes greatly to that. Right now, I'm kind of acknowledging the existence of three versions of Smile: 1) the unfinished album from 1967 as we knew it before, say, March of this year; 2) the 2004 Smile as finished by Brian, Van, and Darian (and which is the only thing ever to fight with Pet Sounds as my favorite album), and 3) the unfinished 1967 album as we know it AFTER March of this year. The Good Vibrations box set and the early '90s boots gave off a spooky, dark, gloomy vibe. BWPS was very positive, very upbeat, very triumphant. But the Smile I'm hearing on TSS isn't dark at all. Brian doesn't sound as bored as I thought he sounded on the boots. In fact, he sounds just as enthusiastic and almost as sure as he was during the Pet Sounds sessions. You can definitely hear the progress in Brian's music, and I never thought of it before but I agree with Dr. Tim that you can almost hear it turning into Smiley Smile. Really, to me now, there are three completely different Smiles...and two of 'em are effin' brilliant.

- Interesting how a lot of the sessions are mono, but when the "final" take plays it's suddenly stereo. A bit jarring. Not necessarily in a bad way, though.

- Many people pointed out that despite Mike's protests, he DID sing the lyrics he didn't understand/like/whatever. But the more I listen, the more I realize his presence is very obviously missing. In fact, back in '66/'67, the only songs that had complete (or at least nearly complete) vocals -- that we know of -- are "Good Vibrations," "Our Prayer," "Wind Chimes," "Heroes And Villains," TOMP/YAMS, "Wonderful," and "Vegetables." Of course, "Good Vibrations" was already in the can and cowritten by Mike and Brian. "Our Prayer" is wordless. "Wind Chimes" is sung by Carl. "Heroes And Villains" is Brian's vocal (and yeah, I know there's a version the set in which Mike sings the lower vocals in the verses, and he sings "and sonny, down snuff, I'm all right by the heroes and"). The different versions we have of "Wonderful" have either Brian or Carl singing. Al sings lead on the formal studio version of "Vegetables." Seems to me that the only VDP lyrics Mike actually sang were on the "Grand Coulee" part of "Cabin Essence" and a few lines of "Heroes And Villains." Is it possible he was slated to sing the lyrics for "Do You Like Worms," maybe part of the "Cabin Essence" verse (I doubt he could have reached the high notes; well, then again, he sang unusually high on "Aren't You Glad") ,"Surf's Up" (except, of course, "columnated ruins domino"), etc., but actually DID refuse? and that's why those vocals were unrecorded? Then again, it seems unusual that when lyrics existed for a lot of these songs that were recorded fairly early during the sessions that Brian never went back and had vocals overdubbed...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: November 04, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »

The box set arrived today -- and it is a stunning piece of packaging. Just beautiful.

Disc 1 is in the player even as I type.

Happy Dance

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: November 04, 2011, 10:10:05 AM »

So...I've listened to about half the 5-CD set so far...words just don't do the feelings of the experience itself justice, as most of you know already, but here are a few observations:

- Just with "Heroes And Villains" alone, it is tragic that Brian and Van spent so much time in the studio getting these recordings made, only for the album to be cancelled.

- Really, even though I'm well familiar probably with a near-vast majority of the tracks on this set, it's as if I'm hearing all this stuff for the first time. I really think the sound quality contributes greatly to that. Right now, I'm kind of acknowledging the existence of three versions of Smile: 1) the unfinished album from 1967 as we knew it before, say, March of this year; 2) the 2004 Smile as finished by Brian, Van, and Darian (and which is the only thing ever to fight with Pet Sounds as my favorite album), and 3) the unfinished 1967 album as we know it AFTER March of this year. The Good Vibrations box set and the early '90s boots gave off a spooky, dark, gloomy vibe. BWPS was very positive, very upbeat, very triumphant. But the Smile I'm hearing on TSS isn't dark at all. Brian doesn't sound as bored as I thought he sounded on the boots. In fact, he sounds just as enthusiastic and almost as sure as he was during the Pet Sounds sessions. You can definitely hear the progress in Brian's music, and I never thought of it before but I agree with Dr. Tim that you can almost hear it turning into Smiley Smile. Really, to me now, there are three completely different Smiles...and two of 'em are effin' brilliant.

- Interesting how a lot of the sessions are mono, but when the "final" take plays it's suddenly stereo. A bit jarring. Not necessarily in a bad way, though.

- Many people pointed out that despite Mike's protests, he DID sing the lyrics he didn't understand/like/whatever. But the more I listen, the more I realize his presence is very obviously missing. In fact, back in '66/'67, the only songs that had complete (or at least nearly complete) vocals -- that we know of -- are "Good Vibrations," "Our Prayer," "Wind Chimes," "Heroes And Villains," TOMP/YAMS, "Wonderful," and "Vegetables." Of course, "Good Vibrations" was already in the can and cowritten by Mike and Brian. "Our Prayer" is wordless. "Wind Chimes" is sung by Carl. "Heroes And Villains" is Brian's vocal (and yeah, I know there's a version the set in which Mike sings the lower vocals in the verses, and he sings "and sonny, down snuff, I'm all right by the heroes and"). The different versions we have of "Wonderful" have either Brian or Carl singing. Al sings lead on the formal studio version of "Vegetables." Seems to me that the only VDP lyrics Mike actually sang were on the "Grand Coulee" part of "Cabin Essence" and a few lines of "Heroes And Villains." Is it possible he was slated to sing the lyrics for "Do You Like Worms," maybe part of the "Cabin Essence" verse (I doubt he could have reached the high notes; well, then again, he sang unusually high on "Aren't You Glad") ,"Surf's Up" (except, of course, "columnated ruins domino"), etc., but actually DID refuse? and that's why those vocals were unrecorded? Then again, it seems unusual that when lyrics existed for a lot of these songs that were recorded fairly early during the sessions that Brian never went back and had vocals overdubbed...

Anythings possibly but we know for sure he sang the very lyrics the "legend" of his discontent was based on. The press of the time reported he was to sing lead [I think] on H&V but apparently Brian changed his mind.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: November 04, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »

My copy has a goshdarn digital glitch halfway through "Tones".

SIGH.

Same, parts of some Phil Collins song pops up a couple times in there.

My mind boggles at the very thought of what a Mrs. O'Leary's Cow/In The Air Tonight mashup would sound like.

hopefully not as bad as this one  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q68MMpDpALU&feature=related

i just came back from the malt shop cruise. chubby checker was one of the artists. saw 2 of his concerts. they were great. he still has it. met him many times while walking around and eating on the boat. very nice guy. but single lady sung over  the twist..well that just ain't right. chubby has tons more class.     of course...jmho

Chubby was seen eating many times... and has "tons" of class.   Who'd have thunk it?  LOL

when have you seen him in person? if so, when was the last time? chubby is not, today, "chubby". trim now, as a matter of fact. about the same, if not thinner, than i am. on stage he looks and acts great. walking around...something doesn't look right. his wife helps him. nothing funny about your statement or smiley.

Glad to hear that he's svelte now.  Didn't meant to insult him or you.   Wasn't laughing at my own statement.  Sorry.  But intentionally or not, when you say something like, 'I met Chubby Checker, he has tons of class,' it's humorous in a 'Tom Swifty' kind of way ('I just lost a game of Russian roulette,' he said absentmindedly).  Doubt that Chubby himself would be sensitive about this, else he'd be performing as Ernest Evans.
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: November 04, 2011, 11:21:38 AM »

Mine arrived today (Box, 2LP, 2CD). I'm blown away by the packaging. I haven't even taken the clear wrap off yet. Waiting to do that tonight with a friend. I am constantly playing the 2CD set I bought at Best Buy to quench my thirst, though.

A HUGE thanks to Capitol, Mark, Alan, and everyone involved with getting it together. I can't believe it!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: November 04, 2011, 12:04:06 PM »

Even cooler is the Cool Cool Water bit, where it turns into Child.... Then turns into Surf's Up! And then back to CCW/Dada.

Yep it certainly is amazing, but it's not turning into Surf's Up - it's the accapella part from Sunflower Cool Water moving into "in an ocean or in a glass"  that you hear after the Child Bridge. I swear it's exactly the same chords. The only parts that didn't make into the eventual CW track are the child bridge and strange ascending piano figure immediately after it. Absolutely agree it's a cool session though.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: November 04, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »

I do too, I guess I just feel that without the vocal tapes being available, the "Good Vibrations" material gets redundant faster than the "Heroes" recordings on disc 2.  I could listen to that disc from start to finish and thoroughly enjoy it, mainly because there are so many different pieces, and it's a good mix of instrumental/vocals.  Not so much the case with "Good Vibrations," where we don't hear any vocals until near the end of the disc, and most of the instrumental sessions are mainly variations on the same 4 sections of music.

Discs 1-4 are definitely what I'll be coming back to over and over as the weeks/months go by.
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: November 04, 2011, 01:38:27 PM »

I am agreeing with someone else above who spotted this playing through the session discs... It is an eerie revelation:  Smile is turning into Smiley Smile before your ears as the sessions advance!  Lots of unusual instrument groupings begin to appear, in small combos but usually not a whole lot, i.e., Vegetables, Wind Chimes.  More and more Brian abandons the "rock band "sound as he goes on.  It rarely gets as slapdash as Smiley Smile though.  But when it does sometimes go bonkers then it's  God's Honest Proof, kids, you should stay off drugs and stay in school.  I am thinking of the  Vegetables demo with the wacky rhythm and fragmented vox (disc 1 tr.23), the You're Welcome march;  or the Teeter Totter Song on disc 4 - I can see where people might think this was all seriously disturbed.  I could see where Mike Love is legitimately going: what is this sh*t?  Who is this turd singing about a teeter totter?  Personally I find it all fantastic, but I am channeling the mindset of  likely first-time listeners in 1966.

I am now really paying attention (on Grado headphones!) to the "audio glitches" and clicks complained about elsewhere - these all sound like tape artifacts to me.  Some of them are caused by oversaturation of the original tape.  Monicker might be right that some or all of those could be snipped out, but there comes a point at which too much of that creates its own artifact, as you have to "draw" an approximation of the wave-form where the click had been, or you will hear a skip or a drop-out.   This is the problem archivists have with cleaning up records made originally on metal stampers - take out enough noise, and it becomes dull and airless.

Grado-man (SR-80i) myself, which model you have? Smiley

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: November 04, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »

IT'S THE GREATEST RELEASE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: November 04, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »

IT'S THE GREATEST RELEASE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #9090 on: November 04, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »

I am agreeing with someone else above who spotted this playing through the session discs... It is an eerie revelation:  Smile is turning into Smiley Smile before your ears as the sessions advance!  Lots of unusual instrument groupings begin to appear, in small combos but usually not a whole lot, i.e., Vegetables, Wind Chimes.  More and more Brian abandons the "rock band "sound as he goes on.  It rarely gets as slapdash as Smiley Smile though.  But when it does sometimes go bonkers then it's  God's Honest Proof, kids, you should stay off drugs and stay in school.  I am thinking of the  Vegetables demo with the wacky rhythm and fragmented vox (disc 1 tr.23), the You're Welcome march;  or the Teeter Totter Song on disc 4 - I can see where people might think this was all seriously disturbed.  I could see where Mike Love is legitimately going: what is this sh*t?  Who is this turd singing about a teeter totter?  Personally I find it all fantastic, but I am channeling the mindset of  likely first-time listeners in 1966.

I am now really paying attention (on Grado headphones!) to the "audio glitches" and clicks complained about elsewhere - these all sound like tape artifacts to me.  Some of them are caused by oversaturation of the original tape.  Monicker might be right that some or all of those could be snipped out, but there comes a point at which too much of that creates its own artifact, as you have to "draw" an approximation of the wave-form where the click had been, or you will hear a skip or a drop-out.   This is the problem archivists have with cleaning up records made originally on metal stampers - take out enough noise, and it becomes dull and airless.

Have also been listening on Grado sr80is and have been knocked out by the quality and how fresh everything sounds.. I have to say I can't get my head around the insane nitpicking of hiss levels etc. It's there and as dr Tim points out, there's probably good reason why it's not all been smoothed out, considering the various sources for the music. Hell, as heysaboda so eloquently puts it: It's the greatest release of all time: just enjoy it!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: November 04, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »

So, I don't have a vinyl player these days - could someone needle drop the 45's from the boxset please? Smiley

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: November 04, 2011, 08:00:49 PM »

So, I don't have a vinyl player these days - could someone needle drop the 45's from the boxset please? Smiley

This would be great

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: November 04, 2011, 08:55:01 PM »

Somewhere on disc 2, Dennis comments that it's take 60 or something like that. He questions, "Why don't we just tape over some of this? Why are we saving all of this?" I thought that was pretty amusing, as I was listening to every word with my headphones.

Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

"Would you put a loud count on it for us please?"

View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: November 04, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »

Since you ask: I am using Grado RS-1 headphones.
Yes I paid what you think I paid for them.

Hey kids! Remember:
mono mixes suck donkey dick
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: November 04, 2011, 09:44:55 PM »

So I guess SMiLE as we know it was scrapped around the end of December most likely. Then the search for the right combination of parts to make "Heroes And Villains" a hit. But then....I wonder if maybe around April there was an attempt to remake SMiLE as a stripped down piano type thing. You have "Vega-Tables", "Wonderful", and "Child Is Father Of The Man." You could even throw the December "Surf's Up" piano demo in there too I guess. My guess is maybe that Brian didn't think the piano-driven thing would work out so well, so then he tried an even more laid back, chilled out, organ led thing, which ended up being Smiley Smile.

The only thing I just still don't understand is why he didn't put "Surf's Up" on there. I still think that the release of that song in 1967 would have really helped out The Beach Boys image. The lack of "Cabin Essence", "Do You Like Worms", and "Child Is Father Of The Man" would have really sucked, but I think "Surf's Up 1967" shows that the song probably could have worked given Smiley treatment too.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: November 05, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »

finally my orders for tss just arrived! my turn to spend the rest of the day in heaven! yippieeeeeeeeeee!!!!

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: November 05, 2011, 11:20:48 AM »

I also had a late-arriving box set;  I made three calls to Amazon asking why, when I had placed my order over two months ago, it didn't ship on the release date...  And after all that it ends up shipping from an Amazon warehouse in Greensboro, NC, a couple of hours away from me.  Even with super-saver ground shipping it was at my door the next day after it shipped.

The box is uttterly amazing!  I stayed up until 3AM last night listening to every note...twice!  I am a self-proclaimed connoisseur of SMiLE boots, collector's tapes, etc., and EVERYWHERE there are new details that are brought out by the real master tapes and hi-res digital transfer.  Even little stuff, like the pop of the percussion on "Wind Chimes."  I will post more thoughts once I get caught up on my sleep...

Mark and Alan, congratulations!!!

Lee
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: November 05, 2011, 02:11:21 PM »

Where's the damn "Truck Drivin' Man" lyrics isolated on the new set(s)?  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:25:09 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

"Would you put a loud count on it for us please?"

View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: November 05, 2011, 02:56:30 PM »

So Chris Bellman, who did the vinyl mastering, wrote the following little messages in the dead wax at the end of each LP side:
side 1: "Dumb Angel"
side 2: "For Carl & Dennis"
side 3: "Look, listen, vibrate"
side 4: "For Chuck and Larry"  (Chuck Britz and Larry Levine)

No messages on the 45's, though.

Hey kids! Remember:
mono mixes suck donkey dick
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 369 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx