gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:27:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R.I.P. Mike Starr  (Read 3355 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:28:41 PM »

The former Alice in Chains bassist was found dead yesterday. Sucks...I was hoping he had turned a corner with his life...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:02:01 PM »

I was just watching him on the new celebrity rehab show, and he was telling everybody how he was clean and sober, and how much better your life gets without drugs.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 08:21:55 PM »

Yeah, I know...after Sober House, it looked like he was gonna clean up.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »

Yeah, I know...after Sober House, it looked like he was gonna clean up.

He needed more $$, to afford his own "Landy" to keep him clean.   

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »

I just found a recording that is supposedly the last voicemail he left. http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=700586b0-ddb6-4646-bad2-c84c168273a5

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »

I just found a recording that is supposedly the last voicemail he left. http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=700586b0-ddb6-4646-bad2-c84c168273a5

That took me to "Gary Busey cracked out on stripper pole" but the video you're talking about is on that page as well.

No mas, por favor.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:19:50 AM »

That took me to "Gary Busey cracked out on stripper pole" but the video you're talking about is on that page as well.
Yeah, I don't know why or how that happened. The link I was trying to post was the direct link to the Mike Starr one.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 06:52:43 AM »

But WHY would people help to spread information like this? 
Don't you people think about his family?
 They're in mourning and don't need to have things like this dredged up and thrown in their faces!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »

But WHY would people help to spread information like this? 
Don't you people think about his family?
 They're in mourning and don't need to have things like this dredged up and thrown in their faces!
f*** off.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 03:42:43 AM »

Not specifically aimed at you, Jay, but...

What's te problem lately that everytime someone makes a remark that agitates other members of this board (whether justly or unjustly), immediately the cursing or name-calling starts. Not that I'm demanding everybody to behave like angels, but it can't be that hard to at least try to treat others as you want to be treated, can it?

It seems to become a trend on this board the last couple of months, and that saddens me a lot. Bring back the good vibes please !!

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »

Yeah, this sucked to see.  I wasn't familiar with him honestly, but I saw him on celebrity rehab.  I think one of his big hang ups was that he was the last person to see Layne alive, and he basically said Layne was asking him to stay with him and get high or something, but he decided to leave, a couple hours later Layne was dead.  Apparently that haunted him for years.  So now his premature death gets to haunt somebody too, probably his mother and father. 

Sad stuff to see people walking towards a cliff, and nomatter what anybody says or does, they eventually walk off the edge.  Seemed like a really nice guy on the stuff I saw of him on television.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »

Not specifically aimed at you, Jay, but...

What's te problem lately that everytime someone makes a remark that agitates other members of this board (whether justly or unjustly), immediately the cursing or name-calling starts. Not that I'm demanding everybody to behave like angels, but it can't be that hard to at least try to treat others as you want to be treated, can it?

It seems to become a trend on this board the last couple of months, and that saddens me a lot. Bring back the good vibes please !!

I was just throwing it back at him. those were his exact words to me in a PM a few days ago. I agree totally with you. This used to be a great place to hang out, where everybody was your friend.

Edit: That being said, I was probably still in the wrong anyway, by throwing it back at him. I apologise.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:07:03 PM by Jay » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx