gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681042 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 17, 2024, 05:46:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stereo \  (Read 8748 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 01:42:32 PM »

Alright everyone, no new stereo stuff for a while, and before everyone goes "WHYY I WANT MY CANTINA" Let me explain...

I have had INCREDIBLY bad ear pains since last November, and while it would be likely it was caused by music, 100% perfect hearing tests and several other tests beg to differ.

They can't find anything... it's just incredible...  So, I decided to finish GV and release it to everyone, but then I was so happy about the response that I started extracting H&V Vocals,
I got as far as the Lead and backing for "I've been in this town" section and couldn't bare it, I have more tests tomorrow, but I'm not gonna hold my breath...

we MAY get a cantina eventually... just not now Tongue sorry!

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »

That was kind of my point in opposite. The stereo H&V is not near as loud or bright as the remixes on SOS or TWOTS. Also, the TSS mono H&V sounds brighter than the stereo. The new GV is loud and bright and very tough to listen to on my iPod, though not as bad through speakers. ML tends to mix, and remaster on the bright side.

I have no idea what half these acronyms are. I'll say that that's the reason I don't bother with The Warmth Of The Sun or any other Beach Boys best ofs. The Smile Sessions "Heroes" does not sound nearly as bright/trebley as the Hawthorne mix. Comparing them as I type, and the Hawthorne mix just causes me to cringe from so much treble and compression. Just me.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2011, 12:55:09 PM »

I have no idea what half these acronyms are.
in order:

H&V = Heroes & Villains
SOS = Sounds of Summer
TWOTS = The Warmth of the Sun
TSS = The Smile Sessions
GV = Good Vibrations
ML = Mark Linnet

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »

That was kind of my point in opposite. The stereo H&V is not near as loud or bright as the remixes on SOS or TWOTS. Also, the TSS mono H&V sounds brighter than the stereo. The new GV is loud and bright and very tough to listen to on my iPod, though not as bad through speakers. ML tends to mix, and remaster on the bright side.

I have no idea what half these acronyms are. I'll say that that's the reason I don't bother with The Warmth Of The Sun or any other Beach Boys best ofs. The Smile Sessions "Heroes" does not sound nearly as bright/trebley as the Hawthorne mix. Comparing them as I type, and the Hawthorne mix just causes me to cringe from so much treble and compression. Just me.
Both are bright, but you are correct, the stereo is more trebly. TSS is a tad louder.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »

Both are bright, but you are correct, the stereo is more trebly. TSS is a tad louder.

Wasn't tryin' to argue, mind you Smiley

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2011, 04:08:51 PM »

I know you weren't. I hadn't played them one after the other. What's weird is that the 45 didn't sound real bright, but the 2 downloaded tracks did. The songs on the 45 sound real nice. Probably due to the vinyl. My main point being that Linett tends to mix bright, at least in the new century.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
JeremyM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2011, 02:35:29 AM »

Any one able to help me out with the stereo Good Vibrations?  I can trade a stereo Alternate Version H&V (with the "threescore and five lyrics")
JMZ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2011, 03:27:16 AM »

Any one able to help me out with the stereo Good Vibrations?  I can trade a stereo Alternate Version H&V (with the "threescore and five lyrics")

Hello, what kind of help ? You mean you want to hear FatherOfTheMan's version or you want to make your own GV stereo version ?

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2011, 03:51:34 AM »

Just thought I'd mention that I did listen to Austins mix a ton, and it subcontiously effected panning and stuff,
I honestly did that totally by accident, it just sounded right, probably because my
Only other mix i could listen to was his.

So, a huge shout out to Austin would be in order, he inspired
Me to make it, and he was first!

JeremyM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2011, 04:35:42 AM »

Hello, what kind of help ? You mean you want to hear FatherOfTheMan's version or you want to make your own GV stereo version ?

I'd really like to hear FatherOfTheMan's version.  Frankly, I don't think I could do a version as well as the mix by Austin (and possibly FatherOfTheMans).  I love Austin's mix so much that I'm really keen to hear anything similar.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »

Mine is REALLY similar, we both did it in a similar fashion, plus, like I said, I was directly inspired by his.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx