gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680988 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 09:27:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EVEN MORE Smile help, PLEASE! (AGAIN)  (Read 3201 times)
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2012, 08:43:05 PM »

Please see my latest post in this thread.   |
                                                                  \/

A few months back, I lost my entire music library.  Some of it was ripped from CD's that are currently packed away in storage but other stuff I only had on that particular drive.  (I always burned a hard copy of any "CD" I assembled but put that on hold when all my stuff went into storage.)  Anyway, when TSS came out, I set about making my "definitive edition" and while the box helped me greatly, there were some parts where it just wasn't up to snuff.  I used the 93 box set for some stuff and I have all that stuff back in my computer.  However, some stuff were made from fan mixes I got through here.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me if they remember who made the "cleaned up" version of "Barnyard" (and I think, "IIGS) and/or pm me with a link or file?  I think I remember them saying they worked in television and made the mixes using some high end equipment.  I searched through the dedicated threads in the child boards but had no luck there so I figured it best to post this here for maximum exposure.

ANY help is appreciated!!!  Embarrassed

(Also, please no comments on what I should have done by backing up my library.  It was almost 2T which made it rather unwieldy and I've literally heard it all before already.  Thanks tho.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:47:47 AM by Phoenix » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:57:04 PM »

(Also, please no comments on what I should have done by backing up my library.  It was almost 2T which made it rather unwieldy and I've literally heard it all before already.  Thanks tho.)

f*** you i am captain foresight you should have backed that data up at least two separate times data do not even exist unless it exist three times don't you know ANYTHING FENIX

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:06:45 AM »

What do you mean by "cleaned up" versions?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 06:11:43 AM »

Try Seltaeb? I know he was doing them when the box came out.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 07:19:23 AM »

Will do.  Thanks!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 07:40:19 AM »

Someone called Bruiteur made an amazing Barnyard without the piano, and he did a similar thing with Great Shape. If they're the ones you're after I may have them and may be able to send your way. I'll have a look later on.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 04:28:12 PM »

Much appreciated!  That sounds like them!
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 08:12:33 PM »

Update:  Buddahat is correct.  I have "I'm In Great Shape" but I'm still in need of Bruiteur's "Barnyard" mix.  It contains none of the piano from the Humble Harv fly in.  I scoured this site and the link he posted to it is no longer valid.  Worse, he hasn't posted around these parts since last year, just days after he posted the files.  Conspiracy?  Did someone at Capitol off him for showing them up so fast?  police  I sent him a message but my guess is he won't see it.  I also checked the links for other Smile mixes that used his version of "Barnyard" within them and all of them are no good now either.  The weird thing is everyone praised the job he did but it appears very few people saved the file so for now, the search continues. Sad 

Any help is still greatly appreciated.
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 09:43:43 PM »

Update II:  The file has been found!  Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

I LOVE this place!!!   Grin
Camus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »

I'm too late to the party, but was going to offer both of them to you Smiley
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »

Going the through the rest of my stuff I noticed another thing or two I needed to recreate my Smile.  Embarrassed

Can anyone please help me out and send my a copy of the Anne Wallace version of "Surf's Up"?  I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

And finally, I seem to recall hearing an edit of "Love To Say Dada" with the "Cool Cool Water" vocals laid ON TOP of it (not before or after it).  If anyone out there has that, I'd love it too but for all I know I could have imagined it or am just remembering it sounding way better than it was.

Thanks again for any help!  Smiley 
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 11:03:58 AM »

Does anybody have a really clean copy of the pizzicato Barnyard strings rehearsal? I was really hoping that would end up on the TSS box, but nope...
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »

Does anybody have a really clean copy of the pizzicato Barnyard strings rehearsal? I was really hoping that would end up on the TSS box, but nope...

Barnshine you mean? I think it's on UM17.

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx