gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680963 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 08:14:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are there any pictures of Bruce Johnston with a moustache?  (Read 51559 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2010, 06:22:38 AM »

All I know is that Papa GG was an obsessively strict fundamental Christian who did a grand job of messing up his son. Murry Wilson x10.

... but seriously, when GG performed at clubs they shoulda been handing out opera glasses at the door.  Grin

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2010, 07:30:51 AM »

Oldsurferdude, I was joking about Mike's autograph on the Surf's Up poster. It wouldn't matter who's autograph is on that thing. Just having that poster is really something to have in the collection. I only know of three in existence - yours, mine, and a friend of mine. Maybe someone who posts here has one or has seen one, but over the years I haven't seen one offered for sale in Goldmine, Discoveries, Record Collector, or Ebay.

All's right in the universe once again; I've been elevated to Mikie's friend level twice over !!   Grin

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2010, 01:41:35 PM »

This is simply the greatest thread ever.  And please, let's get back to Brucie's `stache.

Quote from: So cold I go burr
There are people who have taken LSD thousands of times and are as sane as Jeff Foskett. Well, that's a bad example, because Jeff hates Love You and that's INSANE.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2010, 12:24:00 AM »

This is simply the greatest thread ever.  And please, let's get back to Brucie's `stache.

Oops, just tried posting the photo with no luck.  Directions for doing so, anyone? 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:25:54 AM by Custom Machine » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2010, 02:31:48 AM »

This is simply the greatest thread ever.  And please, let's get back to Brucie's `stache.

Oops, just tried posting the photo with no luck.  Directions for doing so, anyone? 

What works best for me is to go to www.tinypic.com (but there are other web sites as well). You can upload pictures there, and get a link which you can post on this board. Try it out!

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »

What works best for me is to go to www.tinypic.com (but there are other web sites as well). You can upload pictures there, and get a link which you can post on this board. Try it out!

Thanks! Here it is ...

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »

Now I know who "Custom Machine" is.   All I need is his SS# and I'm set........ Grin
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 10:57:35 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2010, 11:08:09 AM »

Can someone please page Mr. Johnston and tell him that Magnum PI want's his 'tache back.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2010, 11:24:33 AM »

Gee, Al looks like he's having a good time  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2010, 11:56:45 AM »

Now I know who "Custom Machine" is.   All I need is his SS# and I'm set........ Grin

Well, yeah, assuming the address of an apartment I had in college 39 years ago would be of any help!

Seriously, do you think I should Photoshop out that old address and repost it? 

gsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2010, 11:59:31 AM »

Gee, Al looks like he's having a good time  LOL

Definitely!  I know that Al is usually referred to as the "clean living one" (other than Bruce of course), but did he go through a major pothead phase in 71-72?  This photo and the previous "wide-eyed" one might proof.  "Loop de loop" indeed!  Cool Guy

Quote from: So cold I go burr
There are people who have taken LSD thousands of times and are as sane as Jeff Foskett. Well, that's a bad example, because Jeff hates Love You and that's INSANE.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »

Can someone please page Mr. Johnston and tell him that Magnum PI want's his 'tache back.

Actually, Magnum stole the 'tache from Bruce, as this photo predates the beginning of the TV show by about 9 years.   Yes, peeps, Bruce was ahead of the curve!

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2010, 12:08:49 PM »

Seriously, do you think I should Photoshop out that old address and repost it?

Nah, if it's an old address, it isn't an issue. But the name. You might as well post your name in the profile instead of an alias!

Actually..........I prefer "Custom Machine".  Step on the gas you go "Waaaaaaaahaaaaaaah!"

That Rolling Stone article was good.  A two-parter by Tom Nolan.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:10:12 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2010, 12:14:26 PM »

Bruce has some real cute tennis shoes in that picture, huh? He forgot to tie 'em. And those dumb looking pink Angels. What was up with that? And Dennis with the cat.........man oh man........who looks hip and who doesn't?

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2010, 12:18:38 PM »

Hahah, I never even noticed the cat! Wasn't there another promo sort of picture that had Dennis snuggling cat too?

I think that's kind of a garish shot but Brian looks plenty amused at it all, which I think is pretty funny. If I had to go for "hip" though I think I'd go with Carl for the laconic ('disinterested' more likely) cool or Al because, well, he looks like what you'd expect of the early '70s... which was at least considered cool then, I hope!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2010, 12:41:37 PM »

It's right there on the label!!  In those days, RS used to keep it out there for people to see;  419-01-7205

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »

Well, if that's the case, Bgas, I'm sure Custom Machine really appreciates you divulging that information!

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »

Well, if that's the case, Bgas, I'm sure Custom Machine really appreciates you divulging that information!

hey, I didn't post it, I'm just clearing the air, so you can assume his identity

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2010, 01:01:55 PM »

Yeah, you cleared the air alright.    After you farted......

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »

Hahah, I never even noticed the cat! Wasn't there another promo sort of picture that had Dennis snuggling cat too?

There was a picture of Dennis messin' with a cat in the 1974 Beach Boys concert tour program. Maybe the picture was to make his persona look more vulnerable to the chicks, I dunno.

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2010, 02:03:28 PM »

Yeah, you cleared the air alright.    After you farted......

Wait a minute, Mikie ... are you trying to tell us that 'bgas' is short for 'butt gas'?

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2010, 02:27:41 PM »

No, it's short for 'Big ass'.  Grin

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »

It's right there on the label!!  In those days, RS used to keep it out there for people to see;  419-01-7205

Rolling Stone screwed up!  The actual number is 104-52-1045.  Henceforth, please be advised that any posts appearing from "Custom Machine" are actually those of "Mikie", who has assumed my identity.  I cannot accept any responsibility, nor will I be held liable, for anything he says.  Mikie, hope you are enjoying living in my old early 70s college days apartment!  Say hello to Al for me when he stops by for a few drags!   Smokin

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2010, 10:32:49 PM »

I'll tell Al you said hello, Custom Machine. I think I'm gonna see him this Friday night in Big Sur.

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2010, 11:50:05 PM »

I'll tell Al you said hello, Custom Machine. I think I'm gonna see him this Friday night in Big Sur.

OK, and if you do attend Al's Big Sur library concert, please be sure to give us a report.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx