-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  GTA V
Poll
Question: Which platform did you get GTA V on?
PlayStation 3 - 2 (100%)
Xbox 360 - 0 (0%)
Miscellaneous - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 20044 times)
bluesno1fann
« on: September 15, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »

I just preordered my copy for the PS3 for $89. Comes with the Atomic Blimp.
Anyone else preordering or are going to buy it after it's released?
Also, what do you think of the game so far?
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »

Yeah, I'll probably get it eventually.  I do not like video games (perhaps I lack the attention span, or get little to no creative output out of them) but I enjoy this game.  I like taking cars and driving them around and wreaking havoc.  What that says about me, I don't know.  (And I don't care!)  Smiley

Jason
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 09:16:13 AM »

I was a huge fan of Vice City and San Andreas, though I kind of lost interest in the franchise due to a feeling of routine in the latter. I think Skyrim is a better example of what can be done in a "sandbox" type environment, but Vice City is still one of the best games I've ever played. Ah, the good old days of hijacking a car, putting the power ballad station on (Emotion 98.3) and wreaking havoc. Memories...
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:10:16 PM »

Vice City was a blast!  It was a great idea to do the 1980s-thing.  All bright, neon and pink.  The game kind of lost some of its arcade-action after that.

SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »

Vice City probably remains the best of the series in terms of initial impact and general playability.

I had all the GTA games but lost interest after San Andreas. Things became more complex, darker. GTA IV was a far more serious game, not only in terms of "environment"/"style" (less "private jokes", etc) but also in the way vehicles handled, and so on. It just became too serious to be entertaining as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 07:06:52 AM »

I felt the same way about GTA IV. I just couldn't warm to almost anything in the game and it felt like a step back; deliberately taking away lots of what you could do in San Andreas deliberately in the name of "realism". I also like the setting of San Andreas (and also Vice City) much more than I do Liberty City. Looking forward to getting this but probably won't be for a few weeks.
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 07:36:23 AM »

Picked up a copy this morning.  Will play after work.  What I liked about San Andreas was getting a bicycle and riding off into the open country.  That feel was lacking in GTA IV, which was also drained of colour and wasn't bright like San Andreas, so I'm looking forward to this one.  I'm crap at games, so will never complete it (I just don't have the drive or ambition to get ahead when it comes to screen pixels), but the fact that the whole space is unlocked from the start and has that much variety and freedom is the selling point for me.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 08:18:04 AM »

California Dreaming by our friends the Beach Boys is included as part of the soundtrack.
Won't be able to play much in the coming weeks, but after an hour, so far so excellent.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 09:15:02 PM »

I got a copy today, and really really dig it.  It's a lot like San Andreas, which is cool.  Major plus.  I had fun with that one.  Very open space.  Can hang in the city for all the mayhem you want -- or open up your "borrowed car" on the highway, get to the country by nightfall and cause more mayhem in some small town.

A LOT of improvements in this one.  I didn't play much of GTA IV.  Four was a huge step up, as it was the first on the new platforms... but this is really a refinement on that.  Sound, graphics, missions, gameplay, car action/handling, lighting, atmosphere.  It quite realistic... pretty amazing.  In a good way, I think.

Afro

I do wish I could turn off the spicy language though.  I feel like a need a shower afterwards.   police
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:53:38 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

bluesno1fann
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 09:59:45 PM »

I got a copy today, and really really dig it.  It's a lot like San Andreas, which is cool.  Major plus.  I had fun with that one.  Very open space.  Can hang in the city for all the mayhem you want -- or open up your "borrowed car" on the highway, get to the country by nightfall and cause more mayhem in some small town.

A LOT of improvements in this one.  I didn't play much of GTA IV.  Four was a huge step up, as it was the first on the new platforms... but this is really a refinement on that.  Sound, graphics, missions, gameplay, car action/handling, lighting, atmosphere.  It quite realistic... pretty amazing.  In a good way, I think.

Afro

I do wish I could turn of the spicy language though.  I feel like a need a shower afterwards.   police
Just wondering, is Blaine County an updated Red County? Or an updated Flint County?
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 07:17:41 AM »

Could be -- I assume you're referring to the counties in San Andreas?  Wasn't there two city locations in that one -- an "LA" and a "San Fran?"  There's just one city here... Los Santos, but it's fairly massive, and a handful of other towns.  Overall, I think it's biggest "world" they've ever done, right?

There were a few streets and neighborhoods that looked and felt slightly familiar.  It's very similar in feel to San Andreas -- so it may not be anything more than that.

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 01:20:41 PM »

I`m going to wait a couple years for it to be outdated and therefore cheap before I buy it. Hell, I`m still waiting for the PS3 to drop to under $100. Maybe after the PS4 comes out...

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 05:31:49 PM »

Already got my Copy!
But I'm not going to play it until my birthday in October.
For now, I'm going to play a bit of GTA San Andreas on my PS2, and my NES that I got yesterday at a Savers near my place. Complete in box, near-mint condition, only $150!  w00t! Grin

That's right. Not only am I a music and Beach Boys buff, but i'm a Retro Gamer as well!  3D
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 05:42:30 PM »

Already got my Copy!

Why wait?
bluesno1fann
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 05:55:36 PM »

Already got my Copy!

Why wait?
It's a birthday present  Smiley
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 01:53:39 AM »

When the online mode is out, you can form crews/gangs to play with.

I'm sorry, but a Smiley Smile gang would be the bee's Knees.

Someone should start one on Xbox and PS3
I have the xbox version

bluesno1fann
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 10:40:55 PM »

California Dreaming by our friends the Beach Boys is included as part of the soundtrack.
Won't be able to play much in the coming weeks, but after an hour, so far so excellent.
Which radio station? I'm checking the Wiki, and I can't find that song at all  Huh
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 11:10:49 PM »

Which radio station? I'm checking the Wiki, and I can't find that song at all  Huh

The radio stations were leaked a while ago...and since then a bunch of songs were taken out, including Cali Dreaming Sad
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:16:35 PM by Woodstock » Logged

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 11:28:52 PM »

Somebody should come up with some sort of maphack, where you can hack in google map versions of your own town to drive around in Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: