gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681548 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 11:17:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Photo on Brian Wilson's Website  (Read 1902 times)
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:17:10 PM »

There's a picture on Brian Wilson's Website, of him autographing a Scotch Master Tape Box, could this be a master he gave away or something? Just wondering, because it's really cool to see a photo like this. The photo is in the Media section, Under Early 1960's and it's the 16th slide. Smiley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 11:31:27 PM »

There's a picture on Brian Wilson's Website, of him autographing a Scotch Master Tape Box, could this be a master he gave away or something? Just wondering, because it's really cool to see a photo like this. The photo is in the Media section, Under Early 1960's and it's the 16th slide. Smiley

Looks to me like he'd just walked out of a session and he was using the box to rest on.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:31:26 AM »

I can't find this section on the website...  anybody have the link?
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 12:45:31 PM »

Thanks for the info Andrew! Just wanted to know because it's quite interesting to me, i was wondering if he was signing it to give away or something. I thought it could have been one of the missing reels from the 60's, that we don't have currently.  LOL
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 01:15:26 PM »

The photo of Brian holding that picture of the other guys always sort of symbolized something, IMO-like, he's a part of them, but not really with them. Or, he always appeared to be 'bigger' than the rest of them. Not that that's really what it's about, it's more than likely that they were on tour and Brian was at home and it was a way for the photographer to get a picture of them 'all together'.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 01:28:58 PM »

The photo of Brian holding that picture of the other guys always sort of symbolized something, IMO-like, he's a part of them, but not really with them. Or, he always appeared to be 'bigger' than the rest of them. Not that that's really what it's about, it's more than likely that they were on tour and Brian was at home and it was a way for the photographer to get a picture of them 'all together'.

For the longest time I thought it was a picture too... until someone told me to look closer.

It's a mirror.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 01:34:08 PM »

For the longest time I thought it was a picture too... until someone told me to look closer.

It's a mirror.

Which makes sense when you consider how much effort it would have taken to blow-up a photo of the band to that size (and then crop it to such an extreme rectangular aspect ratio) just for Brian to hold for one photo. It must have been kind of fun to position everyone in just the right spot for the image.
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 11:52:57 PM »

I can't find this section on the website...  anybody have the link?

Doh!  Nevermind!  I just found it.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 01:48:42 AM »

It's a mirror.
Oh wow...I always thought it was a picture too.  No wonder everyone looks reversed.
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 04:10:06 AM »

It's a mirror.

That was a pretty neat idea. I actually like it better now that I realize it's a mirror!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx