gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 02:11:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson & Diane Rovell  (Read 36609 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »

Grin
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:35:43 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »

puh  puh

mmmmmmmm
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »

Just played it. Thank you so much for the PM.

So much going on it my head during it.

Brian's really proud of Spring. Gotta hear some of their stuff

Sounds like Brian was into Diane. What a situation, it's complicated  Grin
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 06:43:02 PM by Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
exposedbrain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »

wow i'd love to hear this. could someone Please Make my day?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2010, 11:52:57 PM »

Does anybody besides myself think that Brian's speaking voice on that recording sounded a lot like it does now? The tone of his voice sounds a lot deeper and "older" than other recordings I have heard from this period.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2010, 11:58:29 PM »

Yeh the recording is too slow.  Funny enough making both Brian and Diane sound somewhat like they do now.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »

Ehhhh, even Brian's speaking voice now is something completely different than it was then - even slowed down.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2010, 12:33:19 AM »

Ehhhh, even Brian's speaking voice now is something completely different than it was then - even slowed down.

Difficult. I am fond of his speaking voice as it was around 1973 or so. It was relatively high in pitch, boyish, quick. But then: was it cocaine that did it?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »

Lots of smokes, look at Lucille Ball!  It's a long way from Ricky!  to GARY!!! (or should I say "Mr Moooooney"!!)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:46:46 AM by jeffcdo » Logged
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2010, 04:42:10 PM »

Yeh the recording is too slow.  Funny enough making both Brian and Diane sound somewhat like they do now.

I agree that it sounds a bit slowed down. A year or so later on the Fairy Tale Music tape, Brian's speaking voice sounds as high as it did in the '60s.  The Spring dialog is great to hear, though. It's much more casual than I'd imagined.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »

Lots of smokes, look at Lucille Ball! It's a long way from Ricky!  to GARY!!! (or should I say "Mr Moooooney"!!)

On the other hand, Sinatra smoked like a chimney, and his voice didn't seem to deteriorate that much, even till the end. Maybe due to age he lost a little bit, but the smokes didn't ravage his vocal chords like Brian's. Same with Davis, Martin, and Bennett. I always thought the cigarettes in combination with massive amounts of coke acting like little shards of shrapnel did Brian's vocal chords in.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2010, 05:18:08 PM »

Brian sounds like he's drunk (or stoned), and sure, flirting with Diane.
Crazy Tongue
mtaber
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2010, 05:37:59 PM »

Brian sounds like he hasn't slept in a week...
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »

Sorry to dissent too far, but I made an interesting comparison on Sinatra's voice not too long ago, it's interesting to see how quickly it deteriorated, here's three versions of the same song: one from the 70s, one from 1991 and one from 1994:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVWJashcBKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxAwagN_IkA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXXgrUhhVS8

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2010, 06:27:20 PM »

And not to stray too far either, but not only cigs but I think age and causes the deterioration. And maybe non-use of the singing voice. I want to start a new thread on this soon (there have been many over the years on this subject) but my point is that Brian's changed so dramatically between late 1974 and early 1976 that obviously more than cigarettes caused the damage. Listen to the Jim Pewter interview with Brian in August, 1974, then listen to his voice on the 15 Big Ones album, only 1 1/2 years later.  I mean, just cigs couldn't have caused that severe of a deterioration of his vocal chords! Other male singers have gone on for years without that dramatic of a change in his voice. Maybe there's exceptions, but.........

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2010, 07:29:30 PM »

It might possibly please me to hear this August 1974 interview.  Smiley

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »

It might possibly please me to hear this August 1974 interview.  Smiley

Please  make use of the proper order when asking for a desired item

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »

D'oh!  Grin

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »

Somebody called the police.  That's enough.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 09:49:14 PM by Mikie » Logged

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »

If someone couple possibly make my day, I'd appreciate it,
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »

Shiiiiiit.  You never thanked me for the last one, Wirestone!

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2010, 09:55:54 PM »

Between the Pete Fornatale interview in 1973 and the Jim Pewter interview in 1974, you can tell Brian's voice is just starting to get more raspy and begin to deteriorate.

rogerlancelot
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2010, 11:09:34 PM »

Very interesting to listen to. I've been a fan of the Spring album for many years (and a Brian fan as well). So many portions of it sound as if they were recorded over other sections of "interview". Must HAVE been some cocaine going on. With the exception of Marilyn of course (who is asleep the entire time).
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2010, 11:19:09 PM »

Very interesting to listen to. I've been a fan of the Spring album for many years (and a Brian fan as well). So many portions of it sound as if they were recorded over other sections of "interview". Must HAVE been some cocaine going on. With the exception of Marilyn of course (who is asleep the entire time).

Aside from anything else, the tape - which was sent out as a promo, btw - was recorded at something like three in the morning.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2010, 12:28:12 AM »

anybody willing to put me in a position to be able to hear that 74 interview? Please?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx