-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:12:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Ladies and gentlemen, pray show your appreciation for...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ladies and gentlemen, pray show your appreciation for...  (Read 10751 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »

5000 posts !
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:48:48 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Paulos
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 09:51:28 AM »

That's some going Mr Doe! Bow
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »

5000 posts !
Smiley Smiley Cheesy Cheesy Grin  Cool Cool Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue Afro Afro 3D 3D police LOL Smokin Cool Guy Wink Razz Cool Pirate Pirate Violin Violin dennis dennis High Five High Five Brian's Trip Brian's Trip Wink 2 Wink 2 Rock! Rock! Brian, Dennis, & Carl Brian, Dennis, & Carl Tip Toe Tip Toe Drumroll Drumroll Love Love Happy Dance Ninja Kiss Kiss Drum Drum Head Spin Bow Bow Transcendental Meditation Hello Kiss Thumbs Up Dead Horse Whatever! Whatever! Computer Smash! Computer Smash! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! Hug laugh Psyche! Que? Beer Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Kool-Aid Man Geek Banana Old Man Drinking Buddies group hug Ahhh! Serenade Brow Listening King Air Quotes Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 09:53:49 AM »

That's pretty impressive.  If we know one thing, it's that Mr. Doe has a lot to say.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »

Here's to the next 5000!! Grin

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 10:02:58 AM »

congrats AGD....

but...

question remains though:
Is this a huge achievement or does it simply proove that after all these years we still haven't learned a thing from you ?  Grin  Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 10:03:41 AM »

I think ultimately it shows that his passion for things BB related is still strong.
willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 10:23:55 AM »

Andrew has 7000 on the LadyGaGa Forums.

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said "Banana!"
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »

Thank goodness this board got a new home just in time!    Smiley

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 10:32:37 AM »

Let's just say that all is not as it appears in Lady Gaga land.

The mixes on The Fame Monster were not what she intended. And the demo performance of Poker Face has to be heard to be believed. Unfiltered Gaga is a thing to behold.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »

The mixes on The Fame Monster were not what she intended. And the demo performance of Poker Face has to be heard to be believed. Unfiltered Gaga is a thing to behold.

Did you see her performance on Saturday Night Live a few months ago?  She did a very nice slow version of Poker Face while playing piano that was many, many times better (to my taste) than the 'hit' version.  My soon-to-be-14 year old daughter has a slow version on her iPod that sounds similar to that SNL performance, and I thought it was Lady Gaga, but it turns out that it is from Glee.

Oh yeah, congrats on 5000 posts, Andrew G. Doe, whoever you are. Wink
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:41:13 AM by LostArt » Logged
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »

AGD is the world famous leading authority on all things Lady GaGa.  He knows more than she does at this point.  Hell he probably knows what she had for breakfast on April 23rd 1996.

All teasing aside, congrats on 5000 Andrew, here's to 5000 more!

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »

It really is an amazing world when AGD 's 5000 posts thread can somehow turn into a critique of P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P Pokerface!!!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 11:14:17 AM »

Did you see her performance on Saturday Night Live a few months ago?  She did a very nice slow version of Poker Face while playing piano that was many, many times better (to my taste) than the 'hit' version.  My soon-to-be-14 year old daughter has a slow version on her iPod that sounds similar to that SNL performance, and I thought it was Lady Gaga, but it turns out that it is from Glee.

I've seen her on t.v. do that song about 10 times and I think she always does that.  She has a small bit of talent.  She's juuuuust about to self destruct though, we'll see how that goes. 
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 11:16:19 AM »

It was a joke -- an ironic comment on AGD's (appreciated!) attempts to give us insider info about the world of BW/BB without saying too much.

And congrats on a monumental achievement in the world of forum-dom.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:17:35 AM by Wirestone » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 03:21:31 PM »

AG...who ?

Congrats Andrew !
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:17:28 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »

I've seen her on t.v. do that song about 10 times and I think she always does that.  She has a small bit of talent.  She's juuuuust about to self destruct though, we'll see how that goes. 

I doubt it...don't understand how intelligent she is...her image is almost 100 percent constructed...but by her, not the record company!  Not that that has anything to do with her music, but while we're on the topic...

anyways,

Congratulations Mr. D
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »

Well done ol' pal, may you post another 5000 [at least].

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Jason
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »

What a silly thread.

Here's to 5,000 posts. 5,000 celebrations of the wit and wisdom of Andrew. 5,000 times Andrew's had to stand up for himself. 5,000 reasons we've all sat back and wondered if he has a life outside of the Beach Boys.

I would say "here's to another 5,000", but I think we'd all really start wondering about Andrew's sanity when he hits 10,000. I pray he finds his way home and sleeps soundly as Darian's doo-yoobs ring in his ears.
mtaber
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 07:01:36 PM »

The 1371 posts from Irwin suggests a much more stable state of mind...
mtaber
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 07:03:44 PM »

...and my own sanity is often questioned in spite of my low post total...
5000 posts - that's a post a day for 13.7 years!!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »

The 1371 posts from Irwin suggests a much more stable state of mind...

The fact that Marty put out two - not one but two - BB 'zines back in the day suggests every last thing you ever thought about him is probably true.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 01:16:44 AM »

What I admire most coming from you, andrew - apart from the always well documented (in every sense on the word) knowledge - would be your courage and integrity in telling it like it is! That seems well respected even in circles where the doors could have been slammed shut for the same reasons. But luckily they are not (or so it appears)... And we can all benefit from that!

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 01:21:45 AM »

AGD knows what we don't know yet: there is a collaboration in the pipeline between Lady GaGa and Brian Wilson. The duo will re-interpret classic and unfinished material of Milli Vanilli. Rumours about Boney M material are uncorroborated as yet. Title: 'Brian and The Lady Gag Farian'.

Expect AGD to announce his retirement from this site any time soon. He told me: 'I want to sail to new horizons, explore new geniuses... GaGa is lazy, but a genius she is...'

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 01:31:55 AM »

LOL What's up with Lady Gaga all of a sudden? Injoke perhaps...?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: