gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:56:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All I Wanna Do (SFlowr): are there vocals only, and backing tracks?  (Read 5695 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2009, 03:33:50 AM »

...available, on records that I won't purchase and not listen to, being the moral person that I am?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:56:18 AM by The Heartical Don » Logged

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 03:38:47 AM »

I think you mean "All I Wanna Do".

And as far as I know, there are no vocals only or backing tracks for this song. Shame really cause I would LOVE to hear that. In fact all of Sunflower would be great to hear. Of course we already have the vocals only to Forever and Add Some Music To Your Day. Forever is sublime and Add Some Music isn't bad either. But generally I prefer hearing backing tracks more myself. I would also love to hear some of the vocals only tracks and backing tracks to some of the Friends songs as well - just cause it's probably my favourite album.

EDIT: of course there are backing tracks to "Our Sweet Love" and "Tears In The Morning", as well as another song from the Sunflower era ("When Girls Get Together") available on a few unofficial releases. But I haven't heard them of course Wink
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:42:37 AM by mikeyj » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 03:55:52 AM »

I think you mean "All I Wanna Do".

And as far as I know, there are no vocals only or backing tracks for this song. Shame really cause I would LOVE to hear that. In fact all of Sunflower would be great to hear. Of course we already have the vocals only to Forever and Add Some Music To Your Day. Forever is sublime and Add Some Music isn't bad either. But generally I prefer hearing backing tracks more myself. I would also love to hear some of the vocals only tracks and backing tracks to some of the Friends songs as well - just cause it's probably my favourite album.

EDIT: of course there are backing tracks to "Our Sweet Love" and "Tears In The Morning", as well as another song from the Sunflower era ("When Girls Get Together") available on a few unofficial releases. But I haven't heard them of course Wink

Thanks for the correction and the info. I agree: this song is so gorgeous that I would LOVE a peep into its coming alive, as it were. And: bootlegs are the root of all evil.

mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 04:10:42 AM »

Thanks for the correction and the info. I agree: this song is so gorgeous that I would LOVE a peep into its coming alive, as it were.

Yeah that would be great. I have always dreamed about a Sunflower sessions box set. Can you imagine every song with vocals only and backing tracks as well as tracking and vocal sessions. Plus any alternate versions such as a version of Dennis singing All I Wanna Do or something Tongue I know, it's not gonna happen, but I can still dream. Of course a box set like this for every album would be nice. Even that Summer In Paradise one that you mentioned the other day - it would still make interesting listening the first time through and then it'd go into storage and never be heard again.

And: bootlegs are the root of all evil.

Oh I totally agree... Which is why it would be awesome to have an official release of more of this type of stuff - you know, pristine sound and all. I reckon they should release a stack-o-tracks with only post-capitol stuff and a stack-o-vocals.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:12:37 AM by mikeyj » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 04:14:01 AM »

Thanks for the correction and the info. I agree: this song is so gorgeous that I would LOVE a peep into its coming alive, as it were.

Yeah that would be great. I have always dreamed about a Sunflower sessions box set. Can you imagine every song with vocals only and backing tracks as well as tracking and vocal sessions. Plus any alternate versions such as a version of Dennis singing All I Wanna Do or something Tongue I know, it's not gonna happen, but I can still dream. Of course a box set like this for every album would be nice. Even that Summer In Paradise one that you mentioned the other day - it would still make interesting listening the first time through and then it'd go into storage and never be heard again.

And: bootlegs are the root of all evil.

Oh I totally agree Wink 2 Which is why it would be awesome to have an official release of more of this type of stuff - you know, pristine sound and all. I reckon they should release a stack-o-tracks with only post-capitol stuff and a stack-o-vocals.

Great idea! A Brother years double CD with, say, an ace selection of 20 songs, deconstructed, and 5 unreleased songs as a bonus... one can dream, indeed...

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »

There's also the vocals-only "Add Some Music" and "Forever" on Hawthorne CA. And the aforementioned Our Sweet Love and Tears backing tracks "circulating" (never heard 'em, never want to and never will), but I would really like to hear tracks or vocals-only for Slip on Through and This Whole World. Sad

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »

Well I can't answer that, but I CAN tell you who the musicians on this sublime track are:

Hal Blaine - drums
Jimmy Bond - bass (he was paid for 2 doubles, so this probably includes the "fuzz" bass)
Al Casey - guitar (probably the electric sitar you hear faintly in the background)
Mike Melovin - keyboard
Gene Estes - percussion
Plus probably Carl Wilson on 12-string electric guitar and Brian Wilson on keyboard. 
The backing track was produced by Carl at Gold Star, but the vocals were probably co-produced by Brian and Carl at Brian's home studio.
Smiley
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 02:11:53 AM »

Well I can't answer that, but I CAN tell you who the musicians on this sublime track are:

Hal Blaine - drums
Jimmy Bond - bass (he was paid for 2 doubles, so this probably includes the "fuzz" bass)
Al Casey - guitar (probably the electric sitar you hear faintly in the background)
Mike Melovin - keyboard
Gene Estes - percussion
Plus probably Carl Wilson on 12-string electric guitar and Brian Wilson on keyboard. 
The backing track was produced by Carl at Gold Star, but the vocals were probably co-produced by Brian and Carl at Brian's home studio.
Smiley

Cheers!  Smiley

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 10:20:29 AM »

And the aforementioned Our Sweet Love and Tears backing tracks "circulating" (never heard 'em, never want to and never will),

You lot are weird. I understand that bootlegs don't give money to the artist and those who worked on the material, but you guys haven't heard any "unofficially" circulated tracks? Ever?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:31:22 AM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 12:39:08 AM »

Nope. Not one. It would be wrong. My conscience would not allow it.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 02:32:17 AM »

Someone once handed a bertleg (I can't even bring myself to say the word) to me and I instinctively took it without realising what it was. Only after I had scrubbed my hands in bleach and scalding hot water did I feel cleansed again.

Legend has it that people have been struck down on the blooboard for even mentioning them (or was it "struck off"?…)

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 03:44:18 AM »

Nope. Not one. It would be wrong. My conscience would not allow it.

Same here. I use Char, the Medium, to channel unreleased stuff. It works for me. As for bootlegs: Just Say No!

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 01:37:16 PM »

Oh, sacrilege! Blasphemers! Ye must ne'er stray from the narrow path of righteousness, lest ye be beset with an eternal itch that canna be adequately scratched and your brains turn to boilin' by the hand of a wrathful, vengeful deity for thine transgressions! Tongue

But seriously.... Smiley
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:40:29 PM by mutedtrumpeterswan » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 01:54:41 PM »

Talking about Sunflower backing tracks, I'd love to hear "This Whole World" stripped off the vocals (and, while we're at it, the vocals stripped off the backing track, too).
LittleSurferGirl
Smiley Smile Associate

.Got To Know The Woman.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 02:02:05 PM »

...available, on records that I won't purchase and not listen to, being the moral person that I am?

I would LOVE to hear a vocals only of this song. I adore this song,  so beautiful & under-rated. This song literally soothes my soul!

"And If you knew how much I love you baby, Nothing could go wrong with you"

www.myspace.com/beachboys4ever [my Beach Boys fanpage]
www.myspace.com/foxybritny [personal page]
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »

this song is a wash of color and vocals and reverb. i love it.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »

besides Forever, All I wanna Do was the first Sunflower tune I heard, when it was featured on Endless Harmony doc. I was thinkin it was a TM song at first by the way they played it w/ Mike talkin about TM....is Carl singing 'My love is burning brightly" or is it Brian?   I really think Sunflower was the best group effort since Friends

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
rogerlancelot
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 10:02:08 PM »

Talking about Sunflower backing tracks, I'd love to hear "This Whole World" stripped off the vocals (and, while we're at it, the vocals stripped off the backing track, too).

I would love to hear it the way it was originally recorded. The ending is mixed with vocals only but the instruments continued through to the 3+ minute mark. I can't say that this would be in any way better than the CV but it would be rather interesting!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx