gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681562 Posts in 27643 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 13, 2024, 08:33:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reminder: Beach Boys on Fallon Tonight - May 7th, 2012  (Read 72390 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 09, 2012, 07:57:11 PM »

Looks like a normal grandpa to me.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »

I know people have mentioned it already, but I wish Brian would watch his weight a little more.  He's really getting big again, and that's probably 90% of the problem with his back.  I know if I get 20 pounds or so overweight, I get to the point where I feel sluggish, it's harder to get up in the morning, I have less energy, etc.... you start eating right and you feel 100% better after you drop a few pounds. 

I'm sure his doctors are telling him the same thing though, I'll bet he gets back into fighting shape in the next year or two.

He's getting older, too, though. And he's had a belly for awhile now I Think.

I'm sure it's much harder for him to stay in shape, but he looks to be 100 pounds or so overweight to me, he's really been packing it on... and if you're having back trouble that's affecting your quality of life... age or no age the weight has to come down a bit.   It's something he's struggled with his whole life, he'll probably swing back the other way soon enough. 
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »

Keep in mind Ron if his back is bad he can't do the exercise he may have done in the past. I guess his running days are over but wasn't he walking everyday? Perhaps when his back gets better he can start again.

But of course there is that catering at each gig and those hotels on the road have some great buffets damn them!  Grin
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 09, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »

My brother went to see Brian in San Diego a few years ago and was sitting off towards the side.  He said when Brian left the stage he saw him take a fall in the wings as he left the stage, and surprisingly there didn't seem to be anybody nearby to help him up.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2012, 10:29:55 PM »

The first BBs-related special I saw was way back in the '70s, when a daring Dutch TV station showed the Lorne Michaels film (with Aykroyd and Belushi).

I was blown away, being 17 at the time.

Yesterday I was knocked off my socks by the clips from the Fallon show.

It's weird: it is as if nothing happened in between... the Fallon stuff is that good. A monument for a phenomenal band.

Period.

Reading your posts is always weird because i can't convince myself it's not Columbo writing them...

haha, I'm glad someone else feels the same way!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »

I had my tv scheduled to record this, and the stupid damn thing decided not to work. I hate my (lack of) luck.  Angry

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2012, 12:20:24 AM »

The first BBs-related special I saw was way back in the '70s, when a daring Dutch TV station showed the Lorne Michaels film (with Aykroyd and Belushi).

I was blown away, being 17 at the time.

Yesterday I was knocked off my socks by the clips from the Fallon show.

It's weird: it is as if nothing happened in between... the Fallon stuff is that good. A monument for a phenomenal band.

Period.

Reading your posts is always weird because i can't convince myself it's not Columbo writing them...

haha, I'm glad someone else feels the same way!

I been working hard at it, guys. Glad that it pays off.

Oh, and if you don't mind, there's just one small thing I'd like to ask before leaving...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 10, 2012, 12:41:44 AM »

I think Brian looks much bigger in the videos from the last week than he did in some of the promo shots from a few months ago.

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 10, 2012, 04:35:46 AM »

I think he's wearing a back brace under his shirt, which makes him look bigger.  There was a photo from Jazzfest where it was clear that there was something under his shirt besides his belly.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »

Keep in mind Ron if his back is bad he can't do the exercise he may have done in the past. I guess his running days are over but wasn't he walking everyday? Perhaps when his back gets better he can start again.

But of course there is that catering at each gig and those hotels on the road have some great buffets damn them!  Grin

I agree... if his back is bad.... maybe he should limit the motion his arm makes from his plate to his mouth a 'lil bit.  LOL
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »

I think he's wearing a back brace under his shirt, which makes him look bigger.  There was a photo from Jazzfest where it was clear that there was something under his shirt besides his belly.

It could be... although, if you look at the high def. footage (the same footage that proves he isn't using autotune) on Jimmy Fallon's show (what this thread is about, I'm still on topic!!!!)... when he's sitting on the couch with Mike you can see the lovely, squishy, round mound under his shirt that only a big belly can provide. 
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2012, 09:48:20 AM »

It could be... although, if you look at the high def. footage (the same footage that proves he isn't using autotune) on Jimmy Fallon's show (what this thread is about, I'm still on topic!!!!)... when he's sitting on the couch with Mike you can see the lovely, squishy, round mound under his shirt that only a big belly can provide. 

Yeah, it does look like his belly on Fallon, but on this photo it sure looks to me that he's wearing something bulky under his shirt.

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 10, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »

Yeah, it does look like his belly on Fallon, but on this photo it sure looks to me that he's wearing something bulky under his shirt.

It's possible he decided not to wear a back brace on TV. Someone needs to talk to Brian's people and tell them he needs better shoes and maybe a better, more ergonomic chair for the stage. Any volunteers? Oh, wait. They're probably reading this thread. Done.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2012, 11:03:29 AM »

Someone mentioned on another thread how Brian looks more like Beethoven now, that's certainly true.  I wonder if Beethoven was a little pudgy later in life?  All I've seen are the same few... kind of idolized paintings and sketches of him. 

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »

Someone mentioned on another thread how Brian looks more like Beethoven now, that's certainly true.  I wonder if Beethoven was a little pudgy later in life?  All I've seen are the same few... kind of idolized paintings and sketches of him. 

He was a drunk, so I would assume he was at least somewhat bloated. But if you look at his death mask he seemed really gaunt.
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2012, 11:19:33 AM »

I'm glad others brought up the weight issue. We love him no matter what, but yes he's getting way too big again....not sure why. It's also a serious risk for heart attack especially in men, when they let their belly weight go to extremes. I noticed in 2009 he was starting to gain a lot more weight again and it seems to be increasing as we go along. Maybe part of his willing to keep touring is that the powers that be let him enjoy eating what he wishes to..........who knows.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »

I'm just re-watching the video. Yes, there seems to be something under Brian's shirt besides his belly. When they are sitting on the couch and he's moving during his Presley story there is something clunky that won't move with his body movements (if you understand what I mean )
At least that's how it looks to me

EDIT:

Even more obvious on TWGMTR when Brian's moving
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:42:43 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2012, 01:51:28 PM »

Yeah but if you listen to the... I mean watch the Raleigh show, it's like SOOOO obvious on a couple notes, er I mean movements that something weird is going on. 
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2012, 03:39:36 PM »

Questlove posted this picture:

“Me stalking Brian #petsounds”

Source: http://instagr.am/p/KVXSJbwazt/

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx