gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 04:19:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian, Denny & Carl Photo  (Read 6014 times)
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2007, 12:18:27 AM »

Does anyone have a picture they could send me of the Wilson Brothers. A good quality photo (and a decent photo of the three brothers) all together. Im just struggling to find a good one. Thanks
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:48:58 AM »

What about the one on the back of Denny Remembered?
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 12:02:16 PM »

here's a couple:

you can always crop existing pics too:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 12:03:17 PM by bossaroo » Logged
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:36:01 PM »

here's a couple:

Thanks Bossaroo. Smiley I really like the second one. Phirnis whats the picture off Denny Remembered? I don't own that so I wouldn't know.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 04:42:39 AM »

Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere on the web. Anyway, it's an outdoor picture of the three brothers from what seems like the summer of 1983. Actually it's quite moving in a way, yet I'd prefer the birthday cake picture posted by bossaroo, which is just amazing. Now which year was that? 1980?
MBE
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 05:23:04 AM »

The cake photo was taken on Brian's birthday 1980
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 06:03:41 AM »

1980? Cool, Brian looks really great! Perhaps the last time where Brian looks like Brian as someone said on the Knebworth thread.  Wink

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 02:21:22 AM »

I thought Brian looks more like he did in 1972 or something (back of Holland album) in the birthday pic?

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 12:41:26 PM »

Well, Dennis' beard is a dead give away; it's 1980. Watch the Knebworth DVD, Brian looks about the same.

Anyway, here's a famous picture I colored and edited to just include the Wilson brothers:

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 06:37:25 PM »

Well, Dennis' beard is a dead give away; it's 1980. Watch the Knebworth DVD, Brian looks about the same.

Anyway, here's a famous picture I colored and edited to just include the Wilson brothers:

Thats really cool Summer Days. I really like that one a lot. Nice editing, I am really hopeless at editing images like that, so thanks for doing that.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 07:44:34 PM »

1980? Cool, Brian looks really great! Perhaps the last time where Brian looks like Brian as someone said on the Knebworth thread.  Wink

I can't believe someone remembers that...I said it. Razz

And before I read your reply, I thought the same exact thing...he looks great there. Possibly the last time he looks like Brian...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 08:19:11 PM »

I don't have it, but my favorite picture of the three brothers was either late 70s or eary 80s with Dennis in the middle and his arms around his two brothers. Brian was still in decent shape with a long beard. I think this might have also been a low point for Carl. Does anyone know what picture I'm talking about?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 08:39:07 PM »

I don't have it, but my favorite picture of the three brothers was either late 70s or eary 80s with Dennis in the middle and his arms around his two brothers. Brian was still in decent shape with a long beard. I think this might have also been a low point for Carl. Does anyone know what picture I'm talking about?

I can't think of it off the top of my head, but it sounds very interesting. Do you have any idea where you've seen it?
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 08:52:47 PM »

I believe I saw it on one of the BW live dvds. I think he was singing 'Lay Down Burden' or one of the newer songs in tribute to his two brothers and there were pictures of Carl and Dennis popping up in the backround. The one I mentioned was one of them.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 04:18:31 AM »

I believe I saw it on one of the BW live dvds. I think he was singing 'Lay Down Burden' or one of the newer songs in tribute to his two brothers and there were pictures of Carl and Dennis popping up in the backround. The one I mentioned was one of them.

Sounds interesting. I don't own all the Brian's DVD's. Thats the next things I have to get. By the way, I've read somewhere that their is a DVD of the Live At The Roxy Theatre concert. But Im not sure cause Ive also read that it was just a DVD-Audio release. Could you or anyone tell me which one it is, or perhaps both. Thanks! Smiley
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 05:32:35 AM »

There is a DVD-Audio of Live At The Roxy, but I haven't heard it.  It's supposed to sound great, though.  There is also a DVD called Brian Wilson On Tour that is not the whole Roxy concert, but does showcase some of the tunes from his appearance there.  It's rather short at 77 minutes, but it's worth the low price (about $15 American) just to see Ronnie Spector surprise Brian backstage.  Brian looks scared merdaless.  I haven't watched it in a while, but I remember being a little bit disappointed when I watched it the first time because it wasn't really a concert DVD, but more of a documentary with some concert footage.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »

Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 12:49:05 PM »

That's cool, we need to see more childhood pics of the Wilson brothers. Anyone got any more?

Thats really cool Summer Days. I really like that one a lot. Nice editing, I am really hopeless at editing images like that, so thanks for doing that.

Thanks! And no problem, mikey. I like doing stuff like that. On that note, here's another one:

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 05:31:51 PM »

That's cool, we need to see more childhood pics of the Wilson brothers. Anyone got any more?

I've always liked the brothers playing baseball. Sorry I can't find a better shot than the one on this link. Maybe someone has a better link and/ or could cut and paste.

Third picture down

http://www.beachboysforever.com/brian.html

...another good one here.

http://www.bradcoweb.com/rockgroups/wilsontour2.htm

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 05:43:19 PM by TheOther Anonymous » Logged
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 12:25:13 AM »

Beachboysforever.com is a good source.  Here's another one from there, a crop of the young Wilsons doing a vocal session in the studio:

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 09:47:52 AM »

This one?

[attachment deleted by admin]

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 09:53:26 AM »

wow that is a great pic. i love brian's do...sportin his late 60's look Smiley

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 10:03:59 AM »

They look like a motley crew of dudes..
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 02:31:37 PM »

This one?

Actually, that's not the one I'm thinking of. If I figure out how to post it, I will. The one I'm thinking of is a few years prior to this. Dennis wasn't quite this tore up.

Beckgtr09
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long......

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 02:40:43 PM »

I've got that picture as a postcard when the book was finished and published. I framed it and I have it hanging up with the other pictures I have of the band. I think it's one of the best ones I have ever seen of the Wilson Brothers, before everything turned bad.

Ted  Smokin

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx