gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681026 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 06:56:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again  (Read 192675 times)
zachrwolfe
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:14:59 PM by zatch » Logged
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »

Wouldn't it be nice to hear Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again?  I say YES!
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2013, 09:44:28 PM »

I've been waiting so many years to hear this song, it almost doesn't seem possible that it could actualy happen.  I would certainly contribute to finaly hear this song!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »

I don't want to come across as a killjoy but open unauthorised circulation of one if the key tracks - Nd therefore prime USPs - of a new compilation not long (hopefully) before official release might be used a s a reason for ditching the release altogether.

As many will know I'm partial to the occasional silver disc myself but something like this ought to be handled extremely delicately bearing in mind that this board is fortunate enough to be visited by folk at the heart if the official release programme.

“We live in divisive times.”
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »

I don't want to come across as a killjoy but open unauthorised circulation of one if the key tracks - Nd therefore prime USPs - of a new compilation not long (hopefully) before official release might be used a s a reason for ditching the release altogether.

As many will know I'm partial to the occasional silver disc myself but something like this ought to be handled extremely delicately bearing in mind that this board is fortunate enough to be visited by folk at the heart if the official release programme.

Are you Steve Hoffman by any chance?

It's no doubt true that something like this should be handled delicately but c'mon, a record company isn't going to cancel an entire box set because they hear about a few people on a message board getting access to a single track.  That's just crazy talk.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »

SMiLE was almost completely bootlegged when the box was released,
Why would the release of a track what should've been released YEARS ago be expected not to be leaked out eventually?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2013, 11:17:48 PM »

Are you Steve Hoffman by any chance?

It's no doubt true that something like this should be handled delicately but c'mon, a record company isn't going to cancel an entire box set because they hear about a few people on a message board getting access to a single track.  That's just crazy talk.

Always remember, Capitol were going to pull the plug on the whole Smile Sessions project because people were actually calling the Tower and asking for details of it. They wanted to buy it. We know this is true because The Hoff said so, on his own board... so never underestimate the latent insanity of a record company.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2013, 11:27:15 PM »

Long shot but did Mark Linett buy it?

The winning bid was by "y***r", possibly short for "Your place or mine". Yeah serious long shot.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2013, 12:23:18 AM »

Dude, Beachboys_Fr has the disk haha...

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2013, 12:43:00 AM »

Ohh, he bought it  Shocked

When is he leaking it  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2013, 01:09:30 AM »

Well this is exciting news. I think John Manning has a point though. It could jeopardize an official release of the song but if someone's willing to share it's kind of a moot point unless we demand that he keeps it to himself. Somehow I think consensus may swing the other way!

However, seems odd to me that this has apparently been in the fan community for 6 years without being circulated. But I'm a trusting kind of person so, c'mon Beachboys Fr, wake up and share it already!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2013, 01:21:58 AM »

Okay I concede that sharing the file might not jeopardise this coming box but if I were Mark Linett or Capitol or Alan Boyd etc etc etc it might sure as hell make me consider whether it's worth bothering my arse putting together any future archive releases.

Just my tu'penny worth!

Undecided

“We live in divisive times.”
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2013, 01:42:54 AM »

... but surely people gathering stuff for a commemorative box set of a band as huge as the BBs would use other ways than bidding on f*cking ebay to acquire stuff?  Huh Say, contacting said party and negotiating a price in a private manner?
I'd say that CD went to some guy who's playing it in his car on his way to work now each morning (whilst not having a f*cking clue about an upcoming box set).
beachboys_fr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2013, 01:59:24 AM »

It was one of the shortest nights of my life and you know why...

First, I can confirm at 99% that it is Dennis' voice. I was a little bit puzzleled when I listened to the song for the first time two days ago because I found the voice a little bit "clear". But I didn't know at this time that the song was recorded at the begining of the 70's. I had in mind Dennis' voice at the latter 70's / early 80's.

Here are more information on the track. I precise that I still have not heard other version(s). I don't want being polluted...

Total time is 04:33. There is a short intro of 00:06 with piano as the main instrument. Then Dennis sings alone. At 00:33 background vocals begin. I can't confirm if it is Brian and Carl or not. At 00:39, drums begin. The same structure is repeated once. After 02:35, there are mainly harmonies and from 03:44 to the end, Dennis repeats the same sentence. He doesn't really sing; he almost speaks. The averall sound is not perfect but quite good. I think it is a great song even if I'm not a Dennis fan (I have not POC at home!). But I love songs like "Only with you", "Forever", Barbara", and this track is in a similar vein.

Now, I will listen another version(s) and tell you. Just to be clear: how much version do we know? Only the cover recorded for the tribute?

It may appear strange to pay $400 for a CD without knowing that this song was on it, but I'm first interested in CDs. I'm an heavy Beach Boys on CD collector and since I have  almost all now, I can concentrate resources on missing items. I had also a bad experience in the past with such CDs when I lost an auction on eBay for 6 Beach Boys reference CDs which were probably unique...

Anyway, I have made no decision about what I will do with the track. On one hand, I don't want to keep it for me and, on the other hand, I want to be as legal as possible. More to come...
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2013, 02:03:59 AM »

Anyway, I have made no decision about what I will do with the track. On one hand, I don't want to keep it for me and, on the other hand, I want to be as legal as possible. More to come...

This would seriously make my day - I'm stuck inside revising all day  Sad Grin

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2013, 02:06:43 AM »

May I suggest either PM  for those who want to hear or putting it on soundcloud with an alternative title which you then post the link to here?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2013, 02:10:50 AM »

... but surely people gathering stuff for a commemorative box set of a band as huge as the BBs would use other ways than bidding on f*cking ebay to acquire stuff?  Huh Say, contacting said party and negotiating a price in a private manner?

Or... they might just go to the vaults and pull out the original multitracks, as they did for TWOTS. Just a crazy idea of mine, but I feel it has some merit.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2013, 02:20:42 AM »

Okay I concede that sharing the file might not jeopardise this coming box but if I were Mark Linett or Capitol or Alan Boyd etc etc etc it might sure as hell make me consider whether it's worth bothering my arse putting together any future archive releases.

Just my tu'penny worth!

Undecided

I think your concerns are justified but the desire for this unreleased material is just too great in the fan community - once it's leaked it will be shared and discussed regardless. The problem is with the initial leak.

My suggestion is that if we get to hear it, we just post that we still intend to buy the official version, if ever released.

Hearing a bootleg version of the track would certainly not stop me buying MIC if the track makes it onto that set.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2013, 03:05:23 AM »

Or... they might just go to the vaults and pull out the original multitracks, as they did for TWOTS. Just a crazy idea of mine, but I feel it has some merit.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2013, 12:07:16 PM »

THERE IS MUCHO DELETION GOING ON HERE, WHAT GIVES?  Sad
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »

Too much Google-French I think.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2013, 12:19:37 PM »

I imagine it has something to do with the sticky at the top of the board about constant requests for PMs and how they're not allowed in case they get the board shut down. It may also have something to do with the disappearance of the board for two days, though I wouldn't like to say for sure...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
lukpac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »

It appears the board was moved to a new server, which is why it was/is "down". The "missing" posts are on the old server, so it's possible the move was already happening before those posts were made.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »

Yeah that makes sense. It's just a coincidence and has nothing to do with this song.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »

so back to where we were: WIBNTLA is in someone on this board's possesion IIRC. I presume that info was shared here in order to let the rest of the board hear it and not dangle it out of reach above us like a carrot?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx