gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 15, 2024, 10:42:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Child's voice in Wild Honey runout groove (capitol green label)?  (Read 2043 times)
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:06:51 AM »

Listening to the 80s reissue of Wild Honey with a volume up I can hear what sounds like a child's voice in the runout groove of side one, and possibly a bit of the same sound on side 2 too.

Anybody else noticed this? Am I going insane?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »

probably just Lindsey Buckingham

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:58:10 AM »

Or Carl's kid rehearsing for The Trader.  Grin
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 01:06:25 PM »

It's Brian channeling the voices inside his head.

DO NOT LISTEN!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 02:51:03 AM »

Ha - you guys!

Seriously though - I'd be interested to know if this was on the original pressing and, if so, what/who the sound is.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 06:37:02 AM »

I'd hazard this is sound is exclusive to the green label reissue.

It's not on my US original, pressed in LA

It's not on a few other reissues (via EMI Australia) I have, or the AU WRC edition.

Nor can you hear it on the Simply Vinyl reissue of a couple of years ago (which may have been from digital source files).

It is on both sides of the green.  The sound is a more little disturbing, a bit like the wail at the end of George Harrison's Long, Long, Long from de Beatles, or the wail of someone trapped in a typical european basement.

Pure speculation; it could be from contact friction due to an adjustment error twixt the cutting head and the lacquer material - which might mean if you listen carefully to the whole LP, you might hear this whacko sound in the mix (inadvertently).  Or if only in the innner groove, again, perhaps distortion due to issues with the cutting head.

Not an expert on such technical matters, think it's just a cutting root-up limited to this specific pressing - A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 06:45:10 AM »

What's the matrix number?
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 06:52:32 AM »

I'd hazard this is sound is exclusive to the green label reissue.

It's not on my US original, pressed in LA

It's not on a few other reissues (via EMI Australia) I have, or the AU WRC edition.

Nor can you hear it on the Simply Vinyl reissue of a couple of years ago (which may have been from digital source files).

It is on both sides of the green.  The sound is a more little disturbing, a bit like the wail at the end of George Harrison's Long, Long, Long from de Beatles, or the wail of someone trapped in a typical european basement.

Pure speculation; it could be from contact friction due to an adjustment error twixt the cutting head and the lacquer material - which might mean if you listen carefully to the whole LP, you might hear this whacko sound in the mix (inadvertently).  Or if only in the innner groove, again, perhaps distortion due to issues with the cutting head.

Not an expert on such technical matters, think it's just a cutting root-up limited to this specific pressing - A

This is a good theory Alan; I have a UK pressing of The Buddy Holly Story boxed set, where the cutting lathe wasn't adjusted properly, and you can hear a very faint high-pitched squeal from beginning to end on one side of one record.

Lee
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 07:47:45 AM »

The sound is a more little disturbing, a bit like the wail at the end of George Harrison's Long, Long, Long from de Beatles, or the wail of someone trapped in a typical european basement.

Grin love it.

Nice to know it's not just my copy with this spooky sound. Interesting theory - it does sound like the sound of a child's voice to me though, but perhaps just my imagination playing tricks.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx