-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Campaign 2016
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 81   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign 2016  (Read 522937 times)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 14, 2016, 10:19:21 AM »

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”

“If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”

“Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”

“I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

"A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10."

“Heidi Klum. Sadly, she’s no longer a 10.”

"Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next next president? I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"

Filledeplage, knowing that you are a woman, I'm wondering how it makes you feel when the presumed republican nominee for the President of the United States says these kinds of things.  I mean, this is only a small sample of the disgusting things that he has said about women.  Obviously, I don't know who you are going to vote for in this upcoming election, but you've made it quite clear that it's not going to be Mrs. Clinton.  So then, who?  Gary Johnson?  Chris Keniston?  Darrell Castle?  Certainly an independent thinker such as yourself would not consider voting for someone as boorish and sexist as Mr Trump.  I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around why any woman would vote for such a pig.
Lost Art - Those are certainly inflammatory remarks. He owns them. Many are superficial, stereotypical, objectifying remarks.  I don't own them.  

Were they part of Trump's strategy to stand out and get a lead in terms of the election?  I don't know.  I never watched his "You're Fired" show, whatever the name of the show, I have no idea.  Once he became a candidate, I watched what has gone down among all the candidates, especially those who were pegged as "sure thing" candidates against a reality show host/businessman.

What I do know is that in this very unsafe climate, I notice that many people seem to overlook much of this talk to get to the heart of his message.  They are looking at cold-blooded attacks such as the Orlando massacre, San Bernadino, or the Boston Marathon bombing.  Those insults mostly sent in the direction of some of the media outlets seem very little when people voice concern that the American people are under attack.  This massacre is a hate crime.  Last night 2 cops from Paris were murdered.  

Now the focus is on staying safe.  The issue of safety seems to be superseding any ideological issues. I want to be safe and for my family to be safe.  This has not been addressed by those in power or those who want to be in power. Today there are a line-up of politicians who will make scripted statements and who will do nothing because their hands are tied.  

There were padlocked doors in the Pulse club.  I have heard nothing about those code violations and punishment for the owner or operator of the club.  There was no means of escape.  

Given a choice for a good heart or brain surgeon, I will pick the sexist boor every time, if they have the skill and talent to do the job and leave the smooth talker to kill some other patient.

And, Lost Art, thanks for the kind words.  Wink

Again, you are talking about what 'people' are doing. 'Many people' are also strongly repulsed by a lot of his speech and his amazing ignorance and irresponsibility.
"Given a choice for a good heart or brain surgeon, I will pick the sexist boor every time"
This is a funny quote. What does it even mean?
Emily - there are enough "people" who voted for Trump, whether they are crossover Dems, dyed-in-the-wool Republicans, or Independents.  

How do you explain that?  Is everyone who voted for Trump a bigot?  

Or, are they just scared to death of terrorism for themselves or their kids, and who are sick to death of the status quo?  

How do you explain that Bush had $10 million in media money, is 3rd generation entrenched in the party, and got his butt kicked by a newbie?  

Are they all bad and stupid or ignorant?  

I think most have been terrorized and twisted by your media over the years so much so that they can't think straight. A lot are just registering a protest. And I think a lot are bigoted.
How do you explain the greater numbers who voted for Clinton?

Emily -

https://www.osu.edu/features/2013/ohio-state-develops-clean-coal-technoloy.htm

We need keep an open mind on energy sources.  

And, I registered a protest by voting for Bernie.  

Everyone who is sick of the status quo is a bigot?  Seriously?  
Are you confusing 'a lot' with 'all' FdP?
Emily - Trump has the delegates to be the nominee.  I guess it is a lot anyway one looks at it.
Ok...
I said 'a lot' are bigots. You said "Everyone who is...is a bigot?" wherein you confused 'a lot' with 'all'.
Emily - it is semantics. 

There is the difference as far as leaders go...

Francois Holland declared war on the jihadis after the Bataclan.  Obama did not show up after Hyper Cacher.  That is not leadership.  Hillary did not show up either nor her husband. 

Obama just gave a social studies lesson.

Guess Trump will have some issue with that. 

And, FYI last night O'Reilly invited Trump and Mrs. Clinton to be on his show.  She did not show up.  He invites everyone.   
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 14, 2016, 10:25:26 AM »

yes, it's semantic manipulation and an under-handed debate tactic to take someone's statement using 'a lot' and twist it to 'all'.
Why would anyone with self-respect go on O'Reilly's ridiculous show and why is that relevant to any of the above topics? You are a master of finagling.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 14, 2016, 10:29:48 AM »

yes, it's semantic manipulation and an under-handed debate tactic to take someone's statement using 'a lot' and twist it to 'all'.
Why would anyone with self-respect go on O'Reilly's ridiculous show and why is that relevant to any of the above topics? You are a master of finagling.
Emily -  Fox is the highest rated news outlet. I find it intolerant to exclude a news outlet to understand how others think and where their point of view comes from.

They have every political party on to give opposing viewpoints to be aired. They are treated respectfully. 

But, really unfortunate that there is a resort to insult. We can disagree without being disagreeable.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 14, 2016, 10:31:59 AM »

Emily -  Fox is the highest rated news outlet. I find it intolerant to exclude a news outlet to understand how others think and where their point of view comes from.

They have every political party on to give opposing viewpoints to be aired. They are treated respectfully.  

But, really unfortunate that there is a resort to insult. We can disagree without being disagreeable.
Ratings are not important for understanding the issues and O'Reilly is not news. I can respectfully disagree with those who are honest, not bigoted, or are not motivated primarily be greed.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:32:45 AM by Emily » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 14, 2016, 10:33:56 AM »

fdp, how do you feel about the fact that Mr. Drumpf is now saying that there is "something going on" with President Obama and that maybe he's in cahoots with ISIS?

I find it disgusting.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 14, 2016, 10:34:41 AM »

Francois Holland declared war on the jihadis after the Bataclan.  Obama did not show up after Hyper Cacher.  That is not leadership.  Hillary did not show up either nor her husband. 

The crimes of Islamic jihadis are heinous and deplorable. Yet until any of these leaders that you mention discuss the West's far greater contribution to global terror and instability, then they are not in any position to comment on anyone else's, except from the position of extreme hypocrisy. I certainly do not see Trump as being willing to do that - in fact, quite the opposite.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 14, 2016, 10:42:44 AM »

The crimes of Islamic jihadis are heinous and deplorable. Yet until any of these leaders that you mention discuss the West's far greater contribution to global terror and instability, then they are not in any position to comment on anyone else's, except from the position of extreme hypocrisy. I certainly do not see Trump as being willing to do that - in fact, quite the opposite.
+ 1
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 14, 2016, 10:43:12 AM »

fdp, how do you feel about the fact that Mr. Drumpf is now saying that there is "something going on" with President Obama and that maybe he's in cahoots with ISIS?

I find it disgusting.
sdj - I am not privy to whatever is going on there and am not responsible for his commentary.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 14, 2016, 10:47:50 AM »

Emily -  Fox is the highest rated news outlet. I find it intolerant to exclude a news outlet to understand how others think and where their point of view comes from.

Ratings are not important for understanding the issues and O'Reilly is not news. I can respectfully disagree with those who are honest, not bigoted, or are not motivated primarily be greed.
It has nothing to do with ratings.  It is being informed from both conservative and liberal and foreign news sources. 

O'Reilly is news - you may not prefer his program, or some of the others such as Greta Van Sustern, who was on CNN for years, but they have bona fide journalistic credentials. 

It is disrespect to dismiss the source out of hand.  Often, I notice the other networks don't carry stories reported on fox, for several days.  I like my news sources, first. And not leftovers, three days later.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 14, 2016, 10:50:46 AM »

After Hyper Cacher, the world came together, except the US.  I was ashamed, watching it (the unity march) live, on fr2, seeing no one from the US who stood with the French after the massacre.   
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: June 14, 2016, 11:01:56 AM »

After Hyper Cacher, the world came together, except the US.  I was ashamed, watching it (the unity march) live, on fr2, seeing no one from the US who stood with the French after the massacre.   

Just as I'm sure you're equally ashamed when no one says anything when our drones attack innocent civilians.

I'm curious, how do you think the reception of the Charlie Hebdo massacres compares to that of the reception to what's been happening in Honduras?
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 14, 2016, 11:04:21 AM »

It has nothing to do with ratings.  It is being informed from both conservative and liberal and foreign news sources. 

O'Reilly is news - you may not prefer his program, or some of the others such as Greta Van Sustern, who was on CNN for years, but they have bona fide journalistic credentials. 

It is disrespect to dismiss the source out of hand.  Often, I notice the other networks don't carry stories reported on fox, for several days.  I like my news sources, first. And not leftovers, three days later.
If it has nothing to do with ratings, why did you bring up ratings?
O'Reilly is not news. It's commentary.
There are qualitative differences among news sources. You seem to choose those of low quality for the most part. Low quality sources haven't earned my respect.
Considering that your primary interest is in gossipmongering, I can see why speed would be of tantamount importance. You want to spread the lies before the truth can catch up.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 14, 2016, 11:05:49 AM »

Just as I'm sure you're equally ashamed when no one says anything when our drones attack innocent civilians.

I'm curious, how do you think the reception of the Charlie Hebdo massacres compares to that of the reception to what's been happening in Honduras?
From what I have read on Charlie Hebdo, many of the cartoonists are still in hiding, moving every few days from hotel to hotel.  I must admit, CSM that I am less up-to-speed on what is going on in Honduras.  Maybe you can share what you know?  

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 14, 2016, 11:10:32 AM »

Are you ashamed, FdP, when you think about the rest of the world's disgust at Trump?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 14, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »

There are qualitative differences among news sources. You seem to choose those of low quality for the most part. Low quality sources haven't earned my respect.
Considering that your primary interest is in gossipmongering, I can see why speed would be of tantamount importance. You want to spread the lies before the truth can catch up.

It may be a conservative point of view that you consider intolerable.  On the night of the Bataclan, Geraldo was on-line, live with his daughter and she shared what was going on.  He is in Orlando, interviewing many of the Hispanic LGBT and families.  I happen to consider that invaluable and from his perspective as a Latino lawyer/journalist.  In excluding one source - a whole dimension can be missed.  

You might want to keep your insults in check, Emily.  I am not the first person whom you have insulted on this forum.  And don't accuse me of speading lies.  I am free to post on this BB/BW forum where I have been a lurker/poster for 10 years so long as I conform my conduct to the rules of the forum.  I believe you may be in violation with your continuous insults.  

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 14, 2016, 11:16:04 AM »

Are you ashamed, FdP, when you think about the rest of the world's disgust at Trump?

Emily - are you into shaming people?

The rest of the world does not go to the ballot box. Americans do. 
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 14, 2016, 11:17:22 AM »

From what I have read on Charlie Hebdo, many of the cartoonists are still in hiding, moving every few days from hotel to hotel.  I must admit, CSM that I am less up-to-speed on what is going on in Honduras.  Maybe you can share what you know?  

That you are not "up-to-speed on what is going on in Honduras" makes my point. Honduras is currently in shambles. It has become the country with the "highest murder rate in the world." According to Human Rights Watch, "journalists and peasant activists are particularly vulnerable to violence" and 30 journalists have been killed in the country since the coup that occurred there in 2009. Why haven't you heard about it in comparison to, say, the Charlie Hebdo massacre, which was indeed horrific? You haven't heard about it because the United States has supported the atrocities and has continued to illegally fund the military junta there. These crimes are our crimes, thus they don't merit discussion let alone condemnation. It's an interesting comparison: when crimes are committed by enemies, we are supposed to all stand together in mass ceremony; when crimes are committed by us, we aren't even supposed to talk about it.

https://knightcenter.utexas.edu/blog/00-16170-more-journalists-killed-honduras-rsf-calls-it-country-impunity
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:18:34 AM by Chocolate Shake Man » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 14, 2016, 11:18:43 AM »

It may be a conservative point of view that you consider intolerable.  On the night of the Bataclan, Geraldo was on-line, live with his daughter and she shared what was going on.  He is in Orlando, interviewing many of the Hispanic LGBT and families.  I happen to consider that invaluable and from his perspective as a Latino lawyer/journalist.  In excluding one source - a whole dimension can be missed.  

You might want to keep your insults in check, Emily.  I am not the first person whom you have insulted on this forum.  And don't accuse me of speading lies.  I am free to post on this BB/BW forum where I have been a lurker/poster for 10 years so long as I conform my conduct to the rules of the forum.  I believe you may be in violation with your continuous insults.  

I can have respect for conservatives who are not coming from a place of bigotry, greed or lies.
You are free to post. And I am free to point out lies and dishonest manipulations when someone posts them, which is all I have done.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 14, 2016, 11:19:27 AM »

You brought up shame. So why were you 'ashamed' when Obama didn't show up for the one event?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:20:01 AM by Emily » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 14, 2016, 11:23:01 AM »

That you are not "up-to-speed on what is going on in Honduras" makes my point. Honduras is currently in shambles, it has become the country with the "highest murder rate in the world." According to Human Rights Watch, "journalists and peasant activists are particularly vulnerable to violence" and 30 journalists have been killed in the country since the coup that occurred there in 2009. Why haven't you heard about it in comparison to, say, the Charlie Hebdo massacre, which was indeed horrific? You haven't heard about it because the United States has supported the atrocities and has continued to illegally fund the military junta there. These crimes are our crimes, thus they don't merit discussion let alone condemnation. It's an interesting comparison: when crimes are committed by enemies, we are supposed to all stand together in mass ceremony; when crimes are committed by us, we aren't even supposed to talk about it.
CSM - I have fr2/ TV5 Monde on a lot to have a different news source and for the film and music.  I guess my answer is the strong alliance between the US and France.

How news is vetted, in terms of what is reported, is indeed baffling.  

You seem to be a specialist in this area.  Maybe you could start a thread?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 14, 2016, 11:23:29 AM »

You brought up shame. So why were you 'ashamed' when Obama didn't show up for the one event?
No one showed up. 
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 14, 2016, 11:25:34 AM »

No one showed up. 
So why were you ashamed?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 14, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »

I can have respect for conservatives who are not coming from a place of bigotry, greed or lies.
You are free to post. And I am free to point out lies and dishonest manipulations when someone posts them, which is all I have done.
Emily - It is your perception and when others do not agree with you, they are bigots.  That is unacceptable.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 14, 2016, 11:26:54 AM »

No one showed up.  
So why were you ashamed?
The absence of the US was conspicuous and was noted as such as the leaders from Israel stood next to leaders from Arab nations.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:27:28 AM by filledeplage » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 14, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »

I find it disgusting.
sdj - I am not privy to whatever is going on there and am not responsible for his commentary.

Well do you think what he's saying about President Obama is accurate? Do you think our duly elected President is indeed in cahoots with ISIS? How about his birthplace? Do you agree with your candidate of choice that President Barack Hussein Obama is actually not American born but instead a Kenyan? How about his religion? Do you believe he is a Christian?

I'd love to hear your answers.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 81   Go Up
Print
Jump to: