gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681029 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 11:00:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian on New Leave it to Beaver  (Read 3127 times)
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:22:09 AM »

Anyone know the story on how Brian got involved with the New Leave it to Beaver back in 1988? Just seems so random and out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MdwhxyYDXE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 12:27:06 AM »

"Brian, we got asked if you wanted to do a cameo on The New Leave It To The Beaver? You could be a school teacher."

"Yes."

"Great, I'll tell the producers."

"What's a new beaver?"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:30:09 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 05:26:33 AM »

Does anyone know the original air date of the episode he was in?  The show ran in the mid to late 80s, which would have been during the Landy era; I suspect he may have been involved in some way.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:53:32 AM »

If I remember right, David Leaf was the involved in the show as Producer or in some other production role...
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 06:13:43 AM »

I used to watch it as a kid. I had a crush on Kaleena Kiff, the girl who played Wally's daughter  Cool Guy
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:19:11 AM »

Does anyone know the original air date of the episode he was in?  The show ran in the mid to late 80s, which would have been during the Landy era; I suspect he may have been involved in some way.

The name of the episode is "Day Dreamin'".  Original air date May 16, 1988.  Brian plays Mr Hawthorne, the music teacher.
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:34:59 AM »

The name of the episode is "Day Dreamin'".  Original air date May 16, 1988.  Brian plays Mr Hawthorne, the music teacher.

Ah, thanks.  That definitely puts it at the height of the Landy era.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 07:24:30 AM »

Seem to remember that Kipp was dating Mr. Hawthorne's daughter and Mr. Hawthorne was one of those "hands off my daughter" types...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 07:49:52 AM »

yeah, as I recall Leaf was a writer on the show

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 01:10:51 PM »

I haven't seen the "new" beaver show in years.  Is it out of circulation?   Not on netflix, tv land or any of the likely places I have looked......
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »

I haven't seen the "new" beaver show in years.  Is it out of circulation?   Not on netflix, tv land or any of the likely places I have looked......

The reason the series has not aired in American syndication since the early 1990s is because Universal sold the show's master videos and distribution rights to Qintex Productions (named after an Australian company), which served as the distributor when first-run episodes were aired in US syndication and went out of business shortly after the purchase was made, leaving the broadcast rights in limbo. This is also the reason why the series may never be released on DVD. However, according to the Bank/Osmond interview, the show does on a rare occasion air in British and Australian markets.

From Wikipedia  Smiley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx