gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681220 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 04:31:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harry Nilsson: The RCA Albums Collection (17 CDs!!!)  (Read 12816 times)
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »

Postie arrived.

No boxset.

Still waiting for mine to come too.  I thought I'd get it yesterday.  Nope.

Amazon sent me the tracking info, and my set should be here on Wednesday (Chicago from Amazon UK).
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 08:00:16 PM »

Amazon sent me the tracking info, and my set should be here on Wednesday (Chicago from Amazon UK).

That's nuts.. Amazon UK tells me they can't provide tracking info for overseas shipments.
I'm in Michigan.  I've been watching all my online buddies get theirs since Friday.
I'm glad to hear from someone else still waiting.
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 08:43:02 AM »

Hey TV forces,

I ordered mine (2 copies) from Amazon.ca (great price about $65 each) but they tell me it won't be in until late Aug and won't be shipped to my place until early Sept.  Sad for the delay but excited about the box.  With MIC coming at a similar time it may be hard to get work and family time in as I will be listening to piles and piles of glorious cds!
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »

Mine was finally waiting on me when I got home yesterday. It's really nice, simple packaging, which I suppose is how they kept the price so low. The booklet is still nice and informative though. Hopefully I'll have time to really dig into the music today, I'm really looking forward to it.
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 02:36:34 AM »

There seems to be problems with the shipping of Flash Harry. Amazon.de informed me that the delivery date has movved from Aug. 14 to Sept 5. Amazon.com say its in stock but requires extra time for processing. What's going on?
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 02:22:53 PM »

Received Flash Harry yesterday and it is a beautiful set which sounds fantastic. The release of this album on CD, along with the bonus tracks has elvated my opinion of it. The booklet is exceptional as well. I ordered two copies, as I have a feeling that once it disappears, it will be gone for good.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »

I just snagged that as well, what a fun package!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzYEWnetEig

I'm still working my way thru the boxed set and have yet to listen to two of the sessions discs. So much good stuff to discover! It's overstuffed, one of the greatest music values ever and... shhh, is getting tons more play around here than Made in California. Revelatory Dennis tracks n' all. I'm a bad Smiley Smiler.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:27:59 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »

I'm a BB fan first and foremost, but the first album I really connected with was The Point!. I grew up with Nilsson and went through my teens with the BBs. They win by a very very small margin as being my favourite artist. MY wife loves Nilsson, so Im happy.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2013, 04:29:08 PM »

This set is really great btw, in terms of the music we are presented with. They really nailed it. Everything sounds amazing. And everything I want is here, that is in the sets remit - as a fan, I'd love other people to hear his vocal on Zip A Dee Doo Dah from the Hal Wilner Disney record, for example, as it's his last great vocal performance. But this isn't that set.

I do now have so much obscure Nilsson in great quality that I could die. I cannot complain. This set is the greatest, in it's own modest way.

Harry Nilsson forever.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 06:04:19 AM »

The thing with this set that really floored me was the quality of the remastering. I was hearing stuff on Schmilsson that I hadn't heard before. Or on Knilsson I was amazed by the clarity. The bonus recordings are awesome as well. This year was a bonus year for stuff I like, MiC, RCA Nilsson, and Flash Harry. Along with the Nilsson biography and the Abba book which I got yesterday, along with Carnival of Sound by Jan and Dean. Music all the way for me now.
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »

Don't know if you guys saw this: http://www.legacyrecordings.com/page/record-store-day/

A numbered, limited edition 180-gram vinyl release of 12 of the non-album tracks from the box. Listening to the box I had the thought that they could make one really killer rarities disc from everything scattered throughout. No track list posted, but I really hope Postcard and Walk Right Back make it, I could listen to those all day.

Also of interest to me, is the Roy Orbison box set listed below. I already have original issues of the first three albums, but I'm planning on getting this box to support the campaign for more re-issues. This is stuff that should be available.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2013, 12:50:40 PM »

I just got mine on 19 December.  Going to crack it open for tonight's listening party.  Starting with the first two rarities discs, then...we'll discuss.  Maybe Sandman.  Love side one of that.  I have this stuff on vinyl, but the rarities pulled me in.
After I've had time to hear a bunch of it, will come back to review.  So Big, so much to look forward to.  Last week-end we watched the doc. again, had that for awhile.  Can't understand why they cut the songs, he was a great live performer - many of those clips I'd never seen before.  Who said he didn't do live?  He just didn't do it often enough.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2014, 02:02:28 PM »

I already have most of Nillson's albums on CD, but everything I've heard about this set makes me feel like I should take the plunge.  And I haven't even bought the friggin' MIC set yet!

"Jeff, you care." --BW
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »

Finally got this box set and it's beautiful.
I'm excited to finally dig into all this Harry I still haven't listened to yet.

God bless Harry Nilsson.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx