gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680840 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 02:29:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson First Pitch (Dodgers Game 2008)  (Read 9571 times)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »

Pretty cool pic. Apparently it's from 2008. Anyone know if video circulates?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 07:25:11 PM »

I thought Brian was right handed!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 07:50:03 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:22:51 PM by zatch » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:05:23 PM »

Kind of hard to search Youtube for a video of "Brian Wilson pitching in 2008" for obvious reasons.  LOL

Ha. You can't even Google "Brian Wilson beard" anymore without the pitcher gettin' all up in your bizness.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 04:03:44 AM »

Here is someone's flickr album of the pitch: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7992569@N08/sets/72157629300143071/

September 25, 2008
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 05:05:49 AM »

Cool stuff.  3D

(One thing though: I don't know much about baseball but is one supposed to pitch the ball so.. er... high?  Geek)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 05:33:52 AM »

His health sure has declined a lot since then..   Sad

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:25 AM »

I kinda wish the Dodgers were playing the Giants that night (maybe they were) and the two Brian Wilsons could've posed for a picture together. I'm not sure which Brian Wilson has had more injuries the last couple of years...
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 08:10:33 AM »

wonder what was with the number 12 choice?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 08:12:47 AM »

Cool stuff.  3D

(One thing though: I don't know much about baseball but is one supposed to pitch the ball so.. er... high?  Geek)

If one is not in the shape of throwing a pitch 60 feet 6 inches everyday, esp. in front of a stadium full of people and you are also 66 years old, you better get some arc on it. Brian had a lot of guts throwing off the rubber as most folks do it from well in front of the mound...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:14:13 AM by southbay » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »

Brian looks like Fernando Valenzuela - the way he looks to the heavens upon release.  Left handed batters would be scared to death of this guy Wilson......

Reminds me of that other picture from '76 that I always liked. The bearded Bri with the Wilson glove next to his face.  Cheesy

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 09:49:33 AM »

wonder what was with the number 12 choice?

In '08, it was Jeff Kent's number.  Both Kent and Brian Wilson (Giants) are big Beach Boys fans - maybe Kent loaned him his jersey.

http://www.dodgersblueheaven.com/2012/12/celebrating-number-12-on-day-of-12s.htm

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 10:37:24 AM »

I knew Kent was 12, but I had no idea that he and Wilson were BB fans

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 10:51:25 AM »

I knew Kent was 12, but I had no idea that he and Wilson were BB fans

Yeah, Kent was. And pitcher Brian Wilson is a huge fan. He's made numerous comments to the media about The Beach Boys over the years. I read where he acknowledged Brian as a legend and genius. A teammate once called Wilson (the pitcher) the "Legendary Brian Wilson", and he corrected him and said, "No, there's only one of those in the world"!

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »

I had no idea this happened..

Thanks for the pic

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lonelysea30
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 01:06:59 PM »

I think in the beautiful dreamer video, but not positive, Brian says he played baseball throughout high school and could hit the long ball pretty well, but sucked at hitting curve balls.
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »

I thought Brian was right handed!

Maybe he got confused and was actually catching it. 
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 01:55:02 PM »

I kinda wish the Dodgers were playing the Giants that night (maybe they were) and the two Brian Wilsons could've posed for a picture together. I'm not sure which Brian Wilson has had more injuries the last couple of years...

That would have been a good pic. I think our (the Giants) Brian Wilson is going to go off to some other team. But we're keeping this one here - even if he does have a  . . . Dodgers jersey. . .  on.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »

Those who know baseball, what do you think? Does Brian have good form?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »

He shouldn't give up his day job. Grin
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »

Those who know baseball, what do you think? Does Brian have good form?

It's not bad for a (then) 66 year old.  And as I said above, almost nobody has the guts to throw the ceremonial first pitch from the actual pitching rubber, most folks go from about 15 feet in front of the mound. I played baseball in junior college and am 45 years old now.  If given the chance to throw out the first pitch at any game, much less one at Dodger Stadium in front of thousands, I'd think long and hard and take several practice sessions before throwing from the rubber,  so I give Brian major points for that
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:32:29 PM by southbay » Logged

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »

Okay, I love Brian Wilson. Smiley

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »

Take a look at Brian on the large video screen behind. For some reason, he's on a split second delay, but that shot shows good throwing form. The Flicker photos also show Brian following through. So, yeah, he has good pitching motion, unlike many celebrities who throw like a girl, no chauvinistic offense intended. And, I need a life... LOL
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 01:24:15 PM »

It's hard to critique Brian's form without a video. A good pitcher will keep his eyes on the target (the Catcher). For some reason Brian is looking up, like he wants to throw the ball to somebody in the stands. That's why I made the comment above about Brian looking like Fernando Valenzuela, because his eyes use to look up before his delivery. Brian is what they call a "Southpaw" (a left-handed thrower). But yeah, for a 66 year old guy, his throwing arm is extended and his leg is stepping off the mound in the right direction! He's throwing off the rubber instead of the full wind up which is fine.....

What an honor for him to be throwing out the first ball! And another one last year to have the group on the field for the first game! The Dodgers really did it right!

P.S. I like the way the umpire in the picture is checking out Brian, like he's watching closely for a balk or something. Ha Ha!  

You can't see the Catcher on the big screen.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:02:41 PM by Mikie » Logged

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 02:34:29 PM »

Interesting that Brian writes with his right hand and is shown pitching with his left. Which makes me wonder if he's ambidextrous baseball-wise. Does anyone know of early photos of him pitching or throwing? How about his batting stance?

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx