-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 08:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The Decline of Smiley Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Decline of Smiley Smile  (Read 27996 times)
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »

Apparently Ian has been giving OSD issues on YouTube. I am tempted to reinstate OSD just for that.

I'm in favor of that. OSD could be pretty awesome at times!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
halblaineisgood
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2013, 09:18:05 AM »

Apparently Ian has been giving OSD issues on YouTube. I am tempted to reinstate OSD just for that.

Why reinstate when I can give you this middling to fair quality imitation.for demonstration purposes only.

Bihly CastIHLo You are sharp as a tack, boy!  Reinstate Oldesewerdude, and you'll be doing it for the TRUE FANS  . not The TRuh Fanhs of Mykke N BroozDon't fail me Bihly! like a certain "lead singer" has failed me for years now, when I attend his concerts expecting genuine musical entertainment, but instead its my disnticnt pleasure to see for Umpteenth time those infirm balding old frauds RuHN TRhu ThE PuRhFunktORee Hitz while conspicuosuly pretending theyre not an over the hill lounge act(and charging oldsurferdude a premium for his merch, beverages, and earplugs thank you very much) Yippe! Ooo, there's a guy from the CowhSillS on the stage. And Oooh, look over there! - look! it's one Myke Luhv's many illegimate children!! . . . Wow, Sure beats seein' Dennis Wilson in his prime and after the show having him tell me about the time a BlAcK DuhD raped him, and getting him to sign my copy of sunflower I bought the day it was released. .
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:19:45 AM by boraxoisgood » Logged
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2013, 09:19:31 AM »

Why reinstate when I can give you this middling to fair quality imitation.for demonstration purposes only.

Bihly CastIHLo You are sharp as a tack, boy!  Reinstate Oldesewerdude, and you'll be doing it for the TRUE FANS  . . .  and, The TRuh Fanhs of Mykke N Brooz will cry their light loafered tears. Don't fail me Bihly! like a certain "lead singer" has failed me for years now, when I attend his concerts expecting genuine musical entertainment, but instead its my disnticnt pleasure to see for Umpteenth time those infirm balding old (insert bannable slur*) RuHN TRhu ThE PuRhFunktORee Hitz while conspicuosuly pretending theyre not an over the hill lounge act(and charging oldsurferdude a premium for his merch, beverages, and earplugs thank you very much) Yippe! Ooo, there's a guy from the CowhSillS on the stage. And Oooh, look over there! - look! it's one Myke Luhv's many illegimate children!! . . . Wow, Sure beats seein' Dennis Wilson in his prime and after the show having him tell me about the time a BlAcK DuhD raped him, and getting him to sign my copy of sunflower I bought the day it was released. . .Thanks for making my life a little bit worse, Myke!

That's pretty accurate!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
halblaineisgood
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »

Bihly CastIHLo You are sharp as a tack, boy!  Reinstate Oldesewerdude, and you'll be doing it for the TRUE FANS  . . .  and, The TRuh Fanhs of Mykke N Brooz will cry their light loafered tears. Don't fail me Bihly! like a certain "lead singer" has failed me for years now, when I attend his concerts expecting genuine musical entertainment, but instead its my disnticnt pleasure to see for Umpteenth time those infirm balding old (insert bannable slur*) RuHN TRhu ThE PuRhFunktORee Hitz while conspicuosuly pretending theyre not an over the hill lounge act(and charging oldsurferdude a premium for his merch, beverages, and earplugs thank you very much) Yippe! Ooo, there's a guy from the CowhSillS on the stage. And Oooh, look over there! - look! it's one Myke Luhv's many illegimate children!! . . . Wow, Sure beats seein' Dennis Wilson in his prime and after the show having him tell me about the time a BlAcK DuhD raped him, and getting him to sign my copy of sunflower I bought the day it was released. . .Thanks for making my life a little bit worse, Myke!

That's pretty accurate!
Thanks, I guess.   LOL
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:31:02 AM by boraxoisgood » Logged
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2013, 09:29:31 AM »

Bihly CastIHLo You are sharp as a tack, boy!  Reinstate Oldesewerdude, and you'll be doing it for the TRUE FANS  . . .  and, The TRuh Fanhs of Mykke N Brooz will cry their light loafered tears. Don't fail me Bihly! like a certain "lead singer" has failed me for years now, when I attend his concerts expecting genuine musical entertainment, but instead its my disnticnt pleasure to see for Umpteenth time those infirm balding old (insert bannable slur*) RuHN TRhu ThE PuRhFunktORee Hitz while conspicuosuly pretending theyre not an over the hill lounge act(and charging oldsurferdude a premium for his merch, beverages, and earplugs thank you very much) Yippe! Ooo, there's a guy from the CowhSillS on the stage. And Oooh, look over there! - look! it's one Myke Luhv's many illegimate children!! . . . Wow, Sure beats seein' Dennis Wilson in his prime and after the show having him tell me about the time a BlAcK DuhD raped him, and getting him to sign my copy of sunflower I bought the day it was released. . .Thanks for making my life a little bit worse, Myke!

That's pretty accurate!
Thanks, I guess. LOL

I do miss seeing him get angry though.
 LOL

- Dr. Seuss
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2013, 09:40:10 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2013, 10:11:17 AM »

So Ian got banned??  Shocked The guy has been annoying me after i was banned and when I came back,  well i hate to say it but Karmas a b*tch
Paulos
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »

Billy, you should seriously report him to the police for threatening behavior, perhaps he wont act such a tough guy when the police knock his door?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »

Yeah, if I get any more emails from him I definitely will. I know somebody else on the board had a similar issue with him...if I could remember who it was, I'd ask him if he still had the emails Ian sent him.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2013, 11:35:01 AM »

That's pretty accurate!
Thanks, I guess. LOL

LOL

Just think of all the SeaWorld cracks we've missed out on due to OSD being banned Sad
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »

This message board will break up into East Smiley Smile and West Smiley Smile like ancient Rome.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2013, 11:46:08 AM »

That's pretty accurate!
Thanks, I guess. LOL

LOL

Just think of all the SeaWorld cracks we've missed out on due to OSD being banned Sad

Yeah, I'd love to hear his thoughts on that.
 Grin

- Dr. Seuss
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2013, 12:22:35 PM »

You're a good dude, Billy. Sorry about all the crap you've been going through.

Does Ian have a mental illness or something?
He seems to snap an awful lot.

I herd from someone on the forum (I forgot who) He had a meltdown a while back or something when he first came on the board and then made his own forum (Ironically i went through the same thing), But then he came back 4 years later and then, well the rest is history lol
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »

I don't like dipping my toe into board drama, much less diving in, but I want to say a few brief things.

1. Ian is one of the most interesting and informed listeners and critics of pop music I've ever come across. And his board, especially in its assorted active times, has been the best board I've been a part of, with a great community of diversely intelligent and eloquent people.

2. Everyone should behave to one another. I give no free passes on that, including to myself: plenty of old-timers know I can be a dick, too. (In fact, I once quit Ian's board over a spat with him that started off about double albums but escalated ridiculously. I rejoined a few weeks or months later, when I was bored here, to be entirely honest.)

3. It's too bad when things devolve, and nothing to be celebrated afterward. I hope there isn't any more piling on regarding what is done, but rather that everyone just move on with their lives. Anyone having issues that need to be handled, by all means those people can and should do what has to be done. Otherwise, I say "nothing to see here--move along." One man's hope, anyway.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »

I think there are two kinds of bans on this board -- one of which I tend to agree with, and the other of which, well, I'm not always sure about.

The first kind is people who just go over the line -- Ian did multiple times, ghost/nobody/whatever else did (remember the corpse photos?). Folks like this simply need time away.

The second kind is people who are pursposefully irritating -- but not necessarily offensive. To me, folks like OSD and Phil Cohen fit into this category. And it bugs me to see folks like this banned (even though their behavior can border on the sociopathic and -- sometimes -- cross the line in and of itself). Because I think a measure of a board's health is how it deals with dissenting opinion -- can it take the lumps and move on, or do people need to be cast out?

Overall, I think SS does an excellent job of taknig a careful, reasoned path on this stuff, and letting most people post most stuff they want.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:59:25 PM by Wirestone » Logged
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2013, 01:06:22 PM »

Well I did get banned for my actions, than apologized for them.
I think if you apologize then maybe you can be come back, whatever your actions is, Ian could've apologized for his actions but instead he threatened Billy C instead of apologizing i'm not to sure about OSD And or Phil but it is what it is.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »

he first kind is people who just go over the line -- Ian did multiple times, ghost/nobody/whatever else did (remember the corpse photos?). Folks like this simply need time away.

The second kind is people who are pursposefully irritating -- but not necessarily offensive. To me, folks like OSD and Phil Cohen fit into this category. And it bugs me to see folks like this banned (even though their behavior can border on the sociopathic and -- sometimes -- cross the line in and of itself). Because I think a measure of a board's health is how it deals with dissenting opinion -- can it take the lumps and move on, or do people need to be cast out?

The second category doesn't result in permanent bans...they eventually expire. Phil's ban, for instance, expires in 36 more days. It's more of a time-out than anythinng.

Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »

Ian, as brilliant as he can be, can also be one of the nastiest people around.
What he did, and continues to do towards Billy, makes me feel that he should never be allowed back here.
No grown man should act that crazy, ever.
He really needs some serious help.
He's not very welcoming to new people generally. Myself included. I don't know nearly as much about the Beach Boys as a bunch of people here, but I don't want to feel like a moron because of that. That makes me not want to learn.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:25:06 PM by Letsgoawayforawhile » Logged

- Dr. Seuss
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2013, 01:34:21 PM »

wait what corpse photos

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2013, 01:52:44 PM »

Yeah, if I get any more emails from him I definitely will. I know somebody else on the board had a similar issue with him...if I could remember who it was, I'd ask him if he still had the emails Ian sent him.

one word. buddahat.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
MBE
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »

Ian got mad at me because I didn't like Love You and I misunderstood a question or point he raised. We exchanged nice PM's and that was the end of it for me. Thiis happens somtimes. Yet Billy is a good friend of mine and I don't want him to have to be afraid somebody is going to snap and hurt him. Not liking my view on Love You is one thing, threats are another. I hope it all works out and mainly that no one is hurt.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »

wait what corpse photos

This guy.

Well I did get banned for my actions, than apologized for them.
I think if you apologize then maybe you can be come back, whatever your actions is, Ian could've apologized for his actions but instead he threatened Billy C instead of apologizing i'm not to sure about OSD And or Phil but it is what it is.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2013, 07:34:38 PM »

Yeah, Mike's Beard is right, but...Ethan has turned out to be a pretty swell guy, and I'm glad we gave him another chance!

EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »

Yeah, Mike's Beard is right, but...Ethan has turned out to be a pretty swell guy, and I'm glad we gave him another chance!
Oh thank you for the compliment Billy!
Well anyhow, even though Ians knowledge of music's great, he is a psycho and needs some help
Its A Damn shame lol, also didn't he make his own music forum ?
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »

I once received a couple of messages from Ian which contained pretty harsh words, apparently just because he disagreed with my opinion. I didn't reply, and I won't be more specific here. But from what I had read about him in the past and what I'm reading in this thread, I'm not surprised it ended with teh banhammer.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: