gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681550 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 05:24:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playback speed on different versions of Pet Sounds  (Read 1566 times)
mathen_
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2012, 08:58:13 AM »

I don't know if it's a known "issue", but I've noticed a rather big speed difference between the HDTracks version of the album and the 2009 Steve Hoffman remaster, the former being way slower in some tracks ("I Know There's An Answer" is the more noticeable one). Do the other versions (the 40th anniversary, Pet Sounds Sessions, MFSL, 2012 remaster, etc) have this problem too?

And, after all, what should be the "correct" speed?

Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:03:50 AM »

The original LP was mastered too slowly.  Check the pitch difference between the original session tapes, and the Capitol LP.

mathen_
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:03:37 AM »

The original LP was mastered too slowly.  Check the pitch difference between the original session tapes, and the Capitol LP.

Hummm, i didn't know that... but anyway, the DCC disc was made directly from the master tapes, so could they be slow also?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »

The version of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" on the Still Cruisin' CD from 1989 is really sped up.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »

The version of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" on the Still Cruisin' CD from 1989 is really sped up.

It's a different version altogether on there

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx