gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681604 Posts in 27646 Topics by 4085 Members - Latest Member: RZLSommer June 19, 2024, 07:33:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official thread for Brian & Al's Official Response to Mike/Bruce Band Tour in the LA Times  (Read 98498 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »

Another Hollywood Bowl show. Sob.

A proper five BBs New Year's. But waaaah, Brian's band is toooo big and stuff and no Stamos, so forget it!

Early in the morning we'll be startin' out,
some laywers will be coming along.
 We're loading up our woody with op-eds inside,
and headin' out blaming Mike Love.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »

It was fair for Brian to come forward with his response but was it really needed?  I don't think so.  We're rehashing the same details and covering the same ground.  If this is all manufactured publicity (which I believe a good part of it is) I wish they would stop at this point because it's becoming a little to "reality tv show" for me.  It wouldn't be the Beach Boys without some drama, I know, but I've reached my capacity on this one!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »

Oh, no you haven't! You're posting, you're reading. We all can't stay away! Just wait till Al gets his disgruntled two cents in.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »

Whoever is driving the train on Brian's behalf, bravo. Keep up the pressure and don't back down.

Keep up the pressure lads, and break him.  

If you want Brian to "break" Mike, fine. But do it a different way. Not in the press. It makes them ALL look bad. Brian can have his attorney call a meeting and "break" Mike there - if he can. That's where this should be worked out. Behind closed doors.

I wonder what Brian will say when/if Mike says, "Fine, Brian. We'll pencil you in for 120 shows in 2013..." Yes, Brian wants to be a Beach Boy. But, at what terms?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »

I think once ML's people put out a sickly sweet self-serving screed in the LA Times, it was probably ok for Brian's people to respond, dontchathink?

Let's pretend this is clever press manipulation rather than the time-honored fumbling and flailing and ego-driven f***ups that have always powered our beloved Boys!
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 09:40:33 AM »

A Wrigley Field show would be...would be...simply

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »

I think once ML's people put out a sickly sweet self-serving screed in the LA Times, it was probably ok for Brian's people to respond, dontchathink?

I didn't agree with Mike's L.A. Times response, either. I think they should all shut up, settle things behind closed doors, and come forth with one unified announcement as a group, as The Beach Boys. Like I said earlier, after all they've been through, they've learned absolutely nothing.
Ted
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »

Three weeks between the last Australian show and the first London gig... so why not play the shows offered then ?  Hmmmm ?
Yeah, why didn't they play a New Year's Eve show then?
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »

Let's pretend this is clever press manipulation rather than the time-honored fumbling and flailing and ego-driven f***ups that have always powered our beloved Boys!

I think it's worse if it's not for real. Yeah, it'll keep you in the news for a bit, but when (if) the real light comes to be that it was all a setup, I'd feel really used as a fan.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »

I think they should all shut up, settle things behind closed doors, and come forth with one unified announcement as a group, as The Beach Boys. Like I said earlier, after all they've been through, they've learned absolutely nothing.

+1
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »

Three weeks between the last Australian show and the first London gig... so why not play the shows offered then ?  Hmmmm ?
Yeah, why didn't they play a New Year's Eve show then?

Yeah, or the offer at the Hollywood Bowl again! I'm sure it was for a few months after they just played it, right?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »

The Mike and Bruce experience have 5 shows booked between October and April.

Apart from the proposed New Years Eve show that's not so bad. I doubt any of us were expecting the Beach Boys to resume touring before next summer

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Nicko1234
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »

The strangest thing for me about this statement is that it doesn`t really add anything to or contradict what Mike said.

Mike said that it was Brian`s representative who contacted him about issuing a press release. Brian clumsily confirms this.

Mike had already said that Brian and Al wanted the tour to continue. Brian just re-stated it.

Obviously the public opinion will be on Brian`s side as fans would like the reunion to continue and I completely understand that. I would like it to continue too. But this article omitted to mention that Brian and Al have been aware of the M&B shows for months. This combined with the very poorly written stuff about the attorneys leaves me wishing that it hadn`t been written at all.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »

The Mike and Bruce experience.
New M&B band name right there if they want to keep doing shows at crappy venues.LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »

Think positively. I am listening to 50 big ones, which appeared on Rhapsody today. The BB are tangling Hollywood bowl, MSG, W. Field and a new album. . . . .they are making this thing boil, whereas without all the controversy, we might simply be in the wake of the reunion; no wake here but a raging sea. Who follows the Professor's thinking here?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 10:01:50 AM »

Cut to Jack Rieley's face.

"SEE!?!? SEE!?!? I told you!"
Nicko1234
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 10:03:34 AM »

Think positively. I am listening to 50 big ones, which appeared on Rhapsody today. The BB are tangling Hollywood bowl, MSG, W. Field and a new album. . . . .they are making this thing boil, whereas without all the controversy, we might simply be in the wake of the reunion; no wake here but a raging sea. Who follows the Professor's thinking here?

Indeed. And now that they have supposedly split up again it would make any possible `reunion of a reunion` next year even more newsworthy.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »

Of the 2 statements, Mike's is the one that holds water.

Fact - the reunion tour was planned to be 50 dates then end. Yes? Yes.
Fact - the Mike & Bruce shows were already booked. We knew about them, how could Al & Brian's management not? Give me a break.

Al bemoaned early on how solo careers were put on hold to do this reunion "for the fans." Agreements were obviously made at the start of it. It was meant to be a finite reunion. So Mike made plans to keep himself employed afterwards.

To my ears, it sounds like Al and Brian are the ones trying to change the gameplan, not Mike, who has obviously made commitments to people (the venues, the fans, his band members and crew).

Were they really going to play Wrigley Field in the middle of winter? What's the big deal about taking a break and getting back together next spring?

It's the Brian/Al conspiracy machine that's gonna derail these good vibes.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:18:42 AM by Bubba Ho-Tep » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2012, 10:09:24 AM »

Of the 2 statements, Mike's is the one that holds water.

Fact - the reunion tour was planned to be 50 dates then end. Yes? Yes.
Fact - the Mike & Bruce shows were already booked. We knew about them, how could Al & Brian's management not? Give me a break.

Al bemoaned early on how solo careers were put on hold to do this reunion "for the fans." Agreements were obviously made at the start of it. It was meant to be a finite reunion. So Mike made plans to keep himself imployed afterwards.

To my ears, it sounds like Al and Brian are the ones trying to change the gameplan, not Mike, who has obviously made commitments to people (the venues, the fans, his band members and crew).

Were they really going to play Wrigley Field in the middle of winter? What's the big deal about taking a break and getting back together next spring?

It's the Brian/Al conspiracy machine that's gonna derail these good vibes.

Yes and yes.  Excellent points.

When exactly were they gonna book a show at Wrigley Field?  Obviously not THIS year...so there's really not much for Brian and Al to complain about.  Do they really want to play Wrigley in 40 degree weather?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 10:09:38 AM »

Just don't EVER ask Al about chemtrails. The little f***er will drone on all night.

I'm guessing these dates ARE for well in the future. Those venues don't arrange shows two weeks beforehand. Ok, I'm talking out of my ass for MSG and Wrigley, but I do know the Bowl gets these things sorted out waaaaaaaaay in advance. Certainly more lead time than your average Nutty Jerry.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:11:18 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 10:10:13 AM »

The Wrigley Field concert sounds intriguing, I am a huge Chicago Cubs fan so a show there would be amazing.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »

Al might have to go back to dental work if this whole thing blows up.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 10:13:19 AM »

I personally could care less about Mike's commitment to his venues, his fans, his bandmembers and his crew. Gimme a break - we're talking peanut numbers here. It's like saying "I'd like to accept your invitation for dinner at the White House Mr. President, but Tuesday night is Bingo night at the VFW."

Seriously.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 10:14:48 AM »

I personally could care less about Mike's commitment to his venues, his fans, his bandmembers and his crew. Gimme a break - we're talking peanut numbers here. It's like saying "I'd like to accept your invitation for dinner at the White House Mr. President, but Tuesday night is Bingo night at the VFW."

Seriously.
Thats the gist of the situation.

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »

It sure is a nice cover to pretend he's motivated by employing The Little Guy (TM) and spreading joy throughout Mudvilles and Centervilles the world over.

Rather than say, exerting more control, getting a bigger chunk of profit, not dealing with Team Brian, and being the main attraction not having to listen to the crowd go absolutely bonkers over some fella behind a fake piano.

Plus, Al leaves a trail of Grape-Nuts wherever he goes. That's got to get annoying.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:20:33 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx