gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 03:57:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 38: Bank Of America Pavilion - Boston, MA 6/26/12  (Read 26264 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:27:43 AM »

SETLIST

(with thanks to keysarsoze001 )

Do It Again
Little Honda
Catch a Wave
Hawaii (Mike on lead)
Don't Back Down
Surfin' Safari
Little Surfer
Please Let Me Wonder
Marcella
Wendy
Then I Kissed Her
Kiss Me, Baby
Getcha Back (Dave on lead)
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
When I Grow Up to Be a Man
Disney Girls
Isn't It Time
California Saga (dedicated by Al to I think Bob Haworth of the Kingston Trio, who was sitting directly in front of me)
Cottonfields
Be True to Your School
Don't Worry, Baby
Little Deuce Coupe
Shut Down
I Get Around

Pet Sounds
Add Some Music
Our Prayer
Heroes and Villains
Sloop John B
Wouldn't It Be Nice
I Guess I Just Wasn't Made for These Times
Sail on Sailor
In My Room
All This is That
That's Why God Made the Radio
Forever
God Only Knows
Good Vibrations
California Girls
Help Me Rhonda
Rock 'n' Roll Music
Do You Wanna Dance
Surfin' USA

Kokomo
Barbara Ann
Fun Fun Fun
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:44:51 AM by Justin » Logged
sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 05:51:05 AM »

I'll be there.
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »

I am away so won't be able to go, however my folks are. With them attending, this will make three generations of my family attending this tour. Long live the Beach Boys!!
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »

I'll be there as well.
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »

Me me, Ronnie D will be there.

I'm the man with horns and hooves. Please let me be.  Evil Evil Evil
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »

I'll be there.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 09:12:01 PM »

Me too.
jgjr
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 09:25:24 AM »

Does anyone know why Boston is getting such an underplay? It seems like all the surrounding cities (and often smaller music markets) are getting 10-20,000 cap venues while Bank Of America Pavilion only holds around 5,000 at best. I only ask because I was looking to make the trip up there, but tickets are pretty scarce.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 10:20:49 AM »

Does anyone know why Boston is getting such an underplay? It seems like all the surrounding cities (and often smaller music markets) are getting 10-20,000 cap venues while Bank Of America Pavilion only holds around 5,000 at best. I only ask because I was looking to make the trip up there, but tickets are pretty scarce.

I'd guess because they played CT twice back in May and played Maine on the 22nd. As for bigger venues than the BOA Pavillion, they'd have to play either the former Tweeter Center or the Garden, both of which hold 20,000 which is probably way too big.
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »

A lot of my local friends went to the CT shows in May, because those were announced and went on sale long before they added the Pavillion date. I suspect if they hadn't done it that way, they might've been able to fill a larger arena in Boston.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »

Boston...my favorite city in the world.  I will be making my annual trek back there from California next month to Fenway.  Missing out on seeing the Boys there , though. I always stay in the Back Bay, and am pretty familar with the geography, but where excatly in the city is the BOA Pavillion?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »

Sold out show, cool

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
jgjr
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »

I'd guess because they played CT twice back in May and played Maine on the 22nd. As for bigger venues than the BOA Pavillion, they'd have to play either the former Tweeter Center or the Garden, both of which hold 20,000 which is probably way too big.

That makes sense. Even still, they probably could have played a second night. The show has been sold out for quite some time now, seems the demand is there.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »

Boston...my favorite city in the world.  I will be making my annual trek back there from California next month to Fenway.  Missing out on seeing the Boys there , though. I always stay in the Back Bay, and am pretty familar with the geography, but where excatly in the city is the BOA Pavillion?

Over near South Station right by the water.
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 04:24:13 AM »

We've been getting a lot of thunderstorms and looks like more tonight. Hope this doesn't affect the show.
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 06:31:49 AM »

I have an extra ticket if anyone's interested.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 07:39:38 AM »

According to staff members at Saratoga, 20,000 were in attendance for that show.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 07:47:36 AM »

According to staff members at Saratoga, 20,000 were in attendance for that show.

I have a feeling the overhead cost for the Saratoga Performing Arts Center is a lot lower than the Comcast Center, otherwise they would have played there.

Personally, I'm thrilled the show's at the BOA Pavillion. The Comcast Center has the worst parking lot situation in the world, it's tough to get to and I can either train or walk to the Pavillion.

I grew up in the town directly next to Mansfield, and it took me over two hours to get home from a Springsteen show a few years ago.

Also, who's complaining about a more intimate setting for this tour? I got to see the show at a less intimate indoor venue at Mohegan Sun and now I get to see it outdoors and more intimate in Boston. Unfortunately, I think our seats were a bit better in CT.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »

I'll be wearing this shirt http://store.americanapparel.net/rsacp41cs.html?cid=15-651&c=White%20Indigo%20Stripe to the show tonight. Seriously counting down the hours here at work right now.
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 11:12:43 AM »

Ditto. I'll be in the SMiLE Sessions shirt. I'm checking the clock like every two minutes.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »

Anyone going to the soundcheck?
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »

Just got here. Six rows back near Brian's piano. I'll try to keep track of the setlist and post at intermission.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »

If you can film a nice closeup version of "Our Prayer"..that'd be swell!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 04:02:22 PM »

I was about to type the same damn request. We need to see their faces!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 04:04:42 PM »

You going to any more shows, Ontor?  We need your great camera work for a nice "Our Prayer' video!

By the way, did you catch the newest video posted?  Clearer view of the members than the one from far back:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HRvc8r2uh8
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:05:48 PM by Justin » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx