gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:23:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 22: Santa Barbara Bowl - Santa Barbara, CA 5/28/12  (Read 32264 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:05:45 AM »

Show info here
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 11:10:19 AM »

22nd show already! Shocked Near half-time. And Brian's still with them. Not only that, but he appears to have more fun with every gig. I hope this will carry over to Europe.

The Beach Boys Reunion 2012 = SUCCESS.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »

So true Lowbacca! 
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »

The professor is up high in section c with binoculars. Great feeling in the air. I can't quite believe this is happening.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:16:34 AM »

A lesson from tonight's show:  Brian doesn't like the beach balls bouncing around!

Brian spoke up in between songs and said "Could you stop bouncing the beach balls?  Stop bouncing the beach balls please...."  (Thank God he said something because I think they're annoying) Brian spoke up many times throughout the show and did the now standard: "The great Michael E. Love!!"  after a few songs.  Mike was tickled by that and laughed it off.  Right before "Heroes and Villians" Brian spoke and told the crowd "listen to the guys on this song....listen to the great job they do in the middle of this song."  Brian was referring to the "barbershop" section in the middle.  So great to hear Brian finally compliment the actual Beach Boys on stage before performing this song.  Nothing against The Wondermints but I wanna hear Al and Mike on those vocals.  Having them all singing it is like the world finally making sense.  Good show tonight and everyone was as great as usual.  Brian is right at home on stage, it seems now.  When he straps on the bass, he's enjoying himself, sharing a few smiles with Mike (see below) and others.  During the final bows, Brian actually stayed on stage and wasn't the first to run off.  He and Mike walked to the tip of the stage with both their hands clasping the other's, raising it to the crowd.  A winning team, indeed.  I am definitely going to miss these guys when the tour is over.

Nothing new from the set except tonight's DEBUT of "It's About Time""Isn't It Time" (that's what 1am will do to you...sorry folks!)....and it was AMAZING.  Some members here might remember from other threads that I've purposely tried to not listen to any samples from the new album so hearing this song for the first time tonight was ridiculous.  From the moment the ukelele's starts off the song, Brian coming in with the opening verse and then that heavenly chorus....just forget it....it's perfection.   And for the life of me, I can't quite place the chorus.  It's so freakin' familiar.  Perhaps we've already debunked it in the other threads since all of you have already listened to it many times over by now but for me it was going over and over in my head because it was so damn catchy.  I couldn't have asked for a better song...that is one song I will be putting on repeat for a few days when that album is finally released.  I gave Al a thumbs up after it was done and he appreciated the early "reviews"  LOL

Some of my pics

"Brian SMiLES at Mike"

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:27:14 AM by Justin » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 12:19:17 AM »

My videos of:

"All This Is That"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4gqBBhhuvI&feature=youtu.be

"Add Some Music To Your Day"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yucib2kziUc&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:26:36 AM by Justin » Logged
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »

"It's About Time" we learn the name of the new song..   Grin

PS: thanks for the vid, just great!

Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 01:31:01 AM »

Nothing new from the set except tonight's DEBUT of "It's About Time"....and it was AMAZING.  

I nearly sh!t myself when I read that!  I can't tell you how absolutely out-of-my-mind shocked I was!  Thud
                                                      Rock! w00t! Ahhh!

Then I realized he was referring to "Isn't It Time".  

I love the fact that they added another new song.  Really.  But jeez, Justin.  Imagining "Brian coming in with the opening verse" of "It's About Time" at a 2012 Beach Boys concert is enough to give a guy a heart attack.    Cool  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:55:03 AM by Phoenix » Logged
DJole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 01:37:58 AM »

Thanks a lot for sharing the experience with us Justin!!!
 Grin Grin Grin
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 01:56:48 AM »

IT'S ABOUT TIME?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

I've been wanting to hear that live for SO LONG!  I missed it by 2 days!  Hopefully it'll still be in the setlist at the Irvine show!! So excited!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I really thought they would never do this song live again!  Where was it in the set?  Does anyone have the setlist?
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 01:59:11 AM »

IT'S ABOUT TIME?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

I've been wanting to hear that live for SO LONG!  I missed it by 2 days!  Hopefully it'll still be in the setlist at the Irvine show!! So excited!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I really thought they would never do this song live again!  Where was it in the set?  Does anyone have the setlist?

They didn't, Eric.  Read my post, two above yours.  Grin
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 02:16:44 AM »

Oh wow, I got all excited!  If I had witnessed that, I would have probably passed out and missed the encore!  LOL LOL LOL

I heard them rehearsing Isn't It Time at the Chula Vista soundcheck.  They were definitely not ready yet, but it was fun to listen.  Cool to see that it didn't take much more rehearsal for it to make its debut in the setlist!
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 02:21:38 AM »

Oh wow, I got all excited!  If I had witnessed that, I would have probably passed out and missed the encore!  LOL LOL LOL

I know what you mean.  Totally.  I echo everything you said about that one.  Smiley
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 02:28:35 AM »

Nothing new from the set except tonight's DEBUT of "It's About Time"....and it was AMAZING.  

I love the fact that they added another new song.  Really.  But jeez, Justin.  Imagining "Brian coming in with the opening verse" of "It's About Time" at a 2012 Beach Boys concert is enough to give a guy a heart attack.    Cool  

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  Yeah just imagining it made me so excited I wasn't thinking clearly!  Didn't read the rest of the post and went straight to facebook and posted about it!  To actually go to a show and hear it, not expecting it...WOW...I'm not sure what would become of me after that.
malpakoza
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 07:00:13 AM »

My video of Isn't it Time!!! enjoy!

http://youtu.be/22BfgklWDm4
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 07:12:18 AM »

That's fantastic! Thanks very much for the video!

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 07:13:31 AM »

Great job capturing that!!
First time I hear it and I love it!

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 07:14:54 AM »

WOW

How great does Brian sound, and Al..

Fabulous stuff

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:27:23 AM »

Thanks so much for the video!  Sounds great. 

Now to wait for the album to come out so I can put this song on repeat several times. Very catchy.

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »

Wow, they played Isn't It Time ? cool!

I like the song live, i'm afraid i won't like the album version as much because of the cheesy production (as if the song wasn't cheesy enough), but it's a very cute and simple song! interesting to notice there's only one verse, heh.
dumbangel76
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 07:28:12 AM »

Wow, love that new song!! One more week!!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »

Wow, they played Isn't It Time ? cool!

I like the song live, i'm afraid i won't like the album version as much because of the cheesy production (as if the song wasn't cheesy enough), but it's a very cute and simple song! interesting to notice there's only one verse, heh.

Album and live sound pretty much identical to me. There are also two verses -- BW sings the first, Mike the second.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »

My bad, because it somehow sounds different with Mike Love i thought it was a transition part or little bridge, funny.

As for the live sound being the same as the album with the whole production.. well then, i just don't know what to say to that? i don't see how it could in anyway sound the same..
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 07:46:22 AM »

WOW

How great does Brian sound, and Al..

Fabulous stuff
WOW! Made my day.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 08:29:39 AM »

Sorry everybody...wrote the above post at 1am and the whole day I was training myself to NOT confuse it with my other favorite "It's About Time" from Sunflower.  Go figure I go ahead and make the very mistake I was hoping I wasn't going to do Undecided  Issue fixed.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx