gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681475 Posts in 27638 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 10:35:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Flame(s) Songwriting Credits  (Read 1071 times)
superunison
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »

Aside from the 1970 Brother LP, can someone inform me of any other original Fataar family or Blondie compositions on the earlier Flames LPs? Lots of covers I know, but I was wondering if there were any originals.... Also would love to hear any information on an unreleased follow up album later in the 70s? The Allmusic bio mentions it, wasn't sure if this was accurate...
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »

mostly covers yes, although also a few originals (written by their manager, or Steve Fataar) as well.

Go here: http://www.the-flames.com/  and click on "The Composers"

or more directly: http://www.mollenkramer.nl/the-flames/compose.htm

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
superunison
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »

Wow, pretty disappointing. Just one Steve Fataar song on there "Is It You." Love the Flame album, was hoping there would be more songs from them out there.  Haven't tracked down all of the Flames albums yet, not as excited to do so now.... So no info on that follow up album? Fictional? Actually recorded?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 11:37:19 PM »

Tracks recorded for the 2nd Flame album were as follows:

Mother Of The Century
Sigh Baby, Sigh
High Overhead
Sunny Skies
Thank Someone
Seven Sisters
Have You Ever Been
Henry's Son
Sweet Jane

Despite what many sites will say, the album wasn't produced by Carl, but Steve Desper. He still has the masters.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx