gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681552 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 09:30:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone know anything about these rarities?  (Read 7713 times)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 07:09:45 AM »

Who is DB?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 08:44:05 AM »

DB is till around. He's a Facebook friend. I procured every one of my Beach Boys Collectors Series from him, including the Hawthorne Hot Shots (original) and the Honeys box and the KPUK sleeve, of which no vinyl was ever produced. AGD, what was proposed track lineup for the KPUK single? There was the Bob & Sheri Surfer Moon blue vinyl single in a blue cardboard sleeve, Kenny & the Cadets and Pamela Jean singles bootlegged too - can't remember if the latter two were part of the Beach Boys collector's series or not. What else. Were the vinyl SMiLE boots part of the Series or were they separate, like the Landlocked, Made In USA, and other LP boots.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »

The KPUK EP lineup was:

We Got Love (studio)
Toys for Tots commercial (on Ultimate Christmas)
Rock & Roll Music (hot mix w/extra verse)
Pamela Jean
Auld Lang Syne (w/o Dennis)

The BBCS was:

1 - "Surfer Moon/Humpty Dumpty" (limited edition of 1000, numbered)
2 - Honeys boxed album (limited edition of 150, not numbered)
3 - Hawthorne Hotshots double EP (limited edition of 500, hand-numbered)
4 - Smile front slick (uncropped, produced from the original separations, limited edition of 1000, not numbered)
5 - Smile back slick (uncropped, limited edition of 200, hand-numbered - maybe 20 survive)
6 - Radio KPUK presents The Borscht Boys EP (limited edition of 500, only the unnumbered sleeves survive)

The vinyl Smile boots of the 80s, as well as the Bamboo (sic) and Brian Loves You boots were the work of one B. Elliott.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:38:47 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 09:45:48 AM »

The KPUK EP lineup was:

We Got Love (studio)
Toys for Tots commercial (on Ultimate Christmas)
Rock & Roll Music (hot mix w/extra verse)
Pamela Jean
Auld Lang Syne (w/o Dennis)

Was there more than 1 Toys For Tots commercial?  Seems I remember something .... Ah yes, from the Bible: >>versions are known to exist for Seattle and San Diego. There probably were others<<
My tape is (maybe) for  Anaheim; it has KEZY-FM on the box. ( but I haven't listened to it)
I presume the only difference might be the name of the station mentioned.

DB is till around. He's a Facebook friend. I procured every one of my Beach Boys Collectors Series from him, including the Hawthorne Hot Shots (original) and the Honeys box and the KPUK sleeve, of which no vinyl was ever produced. AGD, what was proposed track lineup for the KPUK single? There was the Bob & Sheri Surfer Moon blue vinyl single in a blue cardboard sleeve, Kenny & the Cadets and Pamela Jean singles bootlegged too - can't remember if the latter two were part of the Beach Boys collector's series or not. What else. Were the vinyl SMiLE boots part of the Series or were they separate, like the Landlocked, Made In USA, and other LP boots.

Also from the Bible;  The six parts of the BBs Collectors series: 
Vol. 1-- 1000 copies of Bob and Sheri;  Vol. 2 --150 copies of The Honeys Definite Album; Vol. 3--500 copies of Hawthorne Hot Shots;  Vol. 4-- 100 copies of the Smile front slick; Vol. 5-- 200 copies of the Smile back slick;  Vol. 6--500 copies of  KPUK presents the Borscht Boys

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »

Vol. 4-- 100 copies of the Smile front slick;

Typo - definitely 1000.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »

Yeah, I have the front and back Smile slicks too. Good to know the KPUK EP lineup and bootleg quantities - thanks boys!

And thank you Peter!   Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »

Vol. 4-- 100 copies of the Smile front slick;

Typo - definitely 1000.

Yes, bad typing on my part, sorry.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx