gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
678444 Posts in 27408 Topics by 4045 Members - Latest Member: reecemorgan February 09, 2023, 12:25:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carolyn Williams  (Read 26085 times)
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »

"I think Mike told Sean O'Hagan that all brits are fags. Which is definetly something you just shouldn't say to a person who's about to collaborate with you on a project, period, but I'd file it as another one of those 'jokes that bomb' that Mike loves to tell his audience."

To be honest, I suspected this was the case - undiplomatic humour.

Honk! Honk!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2010, 07:18:48 PM »

I am black and I don't hate myself. Umm. Strike that. I just looked in the mirror and it appears that I'm white and do hate myself. Never mind. I love everybody.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2010, 03:39:24 AM »

Human behavior has a lot of degrees and variations. Sometimes people say dumb stuff just... because. It could be because they are a bigot, or because they are just a jack-ass, or perhaps 70% one and 30% of the other.  As George Carlin said, it's not the language that matters, it's the attitude behind it. Still, it is pretty bad form for someone like Mike to say the above about a potential collaborator... but John Lennon said worse in interviews and no one is calling him a bigot.

I very much agree that it is not the word in itself so much as the context in which it is said and the intent with which it is meant that makes something racist or homophobic.

A good is example is a certain word (which there is no way I will type on here for fear of getting lynched) which is in fact just an abbreviation for somebody who originates from Pakistan.

I doubt very much the English Gay Community would take to the streets in protest of what Mike said but maybe he should have waited until he knew Sean a bit better before he dropped a clanger like that?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 04:05:25 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2010, 08:58:59 AM »

Dennis's fear of being raped came up on a board a few years back. Someone supposedly close to Dennis said ,he didn't know of it being true but, Dennis would say anything if it helped get him bailed  out of jail .  They also said Dennis would say anything to get a reaction or a charge out of someone.

I agree with what has been said ,it sounds  like it was used for "sensationalistic purposes" in a book.
But how would claiming to have been raped by black men help him get bailed out of jail?  Huh Or is that just an expression?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2010, 01:23:43 PM »

Can anyone link to/post a picture of Carolyn?  No?
 Afro

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kirt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2010, 02:02:02 PM »

Dennis's fear of being raped came up on a board a few years back. Someone supposedly close to Dennis said ,he didn't know of it being true but, Dennis would say anything if it helped get him bailed  out of jail .  They also said Dennis would say anything to get a reaction or a charge out of someone.

I agree with what has been said ,it sounds  like it was used for "sensationalistic purposes" in a book.
But how would claiming to have been raped by black men help him get bailed out of jail?  Huh Or is that just an expression?

I guess he'd told people he "would" get raped in jail or "had" been raped to get sympathy and thus get some bail money.   I personally don't know what he said but, if it were true, I would imagine it might go like this ...
DENNIS- "Dude, get me out of here, c'mon, I'll get raped in here. Please, bail me out  man. I promise to be a good Beach Boy.""

The whole thing is likely crap and untrue.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2010, 09:03:41 PM »

Afro

I've never seen one. Also, I don't think she has ever commented on her time with Brian. Hell, I don't even know if she's even still alive.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »

Afro

I've never seen one. Also, I don't think she has ever commented on her time with Brian. Hell, I don't even know if she's even still alive.

I seem to remember hearing about a press conference she had about Brian being kidnapped when Landy took him to Hawaii in 1983, but I have never seen the interview.  It would be interesting to get her take on the whole situation.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2010, 12:05:39 AM »

Afro

I seem to remember hearing about a press conference she had about Brian being kidnapped when Landy took him to Hawaii in 1983, but I have never seen the interview.  It would be interesting to get her take on the whole situation.

Interesting is too small a word IMHO. It is an important period in Bri's life that still is quite shrouded in mystery. Who did what?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2015, 03:42:35 PM »

Apparently she's on Twitter @1Mahalo if anyone cares to Tweet at her and see if she'd be interested in visiting the board.
I'm guessing it's her because of her tweet a while back to Brian's acct.

@BrianWilsonLive Congrats, it could not have happen to a nicer guy. I know Carnie and Wendy are proud of you , Congrats
View conversation
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »

Can't say anything good or bad about her. BTW, she's another person that got trashed by the autobio.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2015, 10:16:27 PM »

I saw her in Brian's  room at the Dunfy Hotel in 1981. She seemed like a nice enough person. She also traveled from the hotel to the show in a limo with Brian and Mike
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2015, 11:11:27 PM »

Maybe she was a nice person, but she just happened to be around when Brian reached rock bottom with drugs? Something doesn't quite add up here.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2015, 08:01:13 AM »

Someone did once post a picture of Carolyn in another thread from when she was with Brian...in fact, there was another picture of Brian sitting on the exact same piece of furniture, so we know it was legit.

What I found odd is that "Brian's" "autobio" mentioned that she was overweight. Judging from the picture, she didn't look the slightest bit overweight.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2015, 08:12:44 AM »

Someone did once post a picture of Carolyn in another thread from when she was with Brian...in fact, there was another picture of Brian sitting on the exact same piece of furniture, so we know it was legit.

What I found odd is that "Brian's" "autobio" mentioned that she was overweight. Judging from the picture, she didn't look the slightest bit overweight.

Yeah that's a bizarre picture in that it shows early-80s Brian without the beard.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2015, 09:28:56 AM »

What thread was this from?
Would love to see it.
John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2015, 10:00:42 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/carolyn.williams.96343
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2015, 10:16:06 AM »

Bit of a cougar then  LOL
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2015, 10:38:09 AM »

Photo thread. I might still have the picture on my hard drive somewhere...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2015, 09:38:35 PM »

Carolyn and I met the year before Brian was sent to Hawaii. She tried to take care of Brian, but his illness  was at its worst while she was living with him. I see the attitudes expressed  by group members as feelings of helplessness  with. respect to how to treat Brian (and Dennis) at that time. Several times various strategies were implemented to help them get well. Carolyn told me that she was very worried. about Brian, but he was not receptive to treatment. She said he was self-medicating with chemicals  that could kill him. There is no question that she wanted him to seek help, but like Dennis, he was too ill psychiatrically to make such a decision himself. Dennis was as well.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2015, 04:50:29 AM »

Would love to see it.

Bad news: the picture in the thread is gone.

Good news: I had the foresight to save it. Smiley

First of all, here's a picture of Brian:

Note the couch.

Now, here's Carolyn, sitting on the same couch:

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2015, 06:02:07 AM »

Would love to see it.

Bad news: the picture in the thread is gone.

Good news: I had the foresight to save it. Smiley

First of all, here's a picture of Brian:

Note the couch.

Now, here's Carolyn, sitting on the same couch:

I think the reason Brian appears to be sitting so much higher on the couch than Carolyn, is due to Brian sitting on top of Carolyn!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:25:26 AM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2015, 06:53:32 AM »

Wait... between those photos being taken, someone moved the radio antenna !

Well, of course, that can only mean one thing...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SBonilla
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2015, 07:07:41 AM »

Wait... between those photos being taken, someone moved the radio antenna !

Well, of course, that can only mean one thing...

The Pied Piper from the faraway land of night?
Kamandi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2015, 01:38:44 PM »

I think the reason Brian appears to be sitting so much higher on the couch than Carolyn, is due to Brian sitting on top of Carolyn!

Well if I may paraphrase an anonymous poster from a long ago Beach Boys BBS; Im sure Brian brought may tears to grandma's eyes when he would sit on her lap and sing those harmony highs, especially when he was at peak weight.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx