gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
675276 Posts in 27259 Topics by 4016 Members - Latest Member: J.krefetz July 06, 2022, 08:35:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's Beach Boys will perform on Queen Latifah's daytime talk show tomorrow.  (Read 9195 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »

I have nothing else to say about this except maybe, "Queen Latifah has a daytime talk show?" but I thought some of  you might like to know.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:03:36 PM »

*sigh* The M&B band keep marching on.....

And production aside, Id so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »

Perhaps this opens the possibility of them playing Vegetables on Dr. Oz...

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God mustve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:24 PM »

Who's Beach Boys will perform?
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »

Why are they doing this?  Hey, I didn't even know Queen Latifah had a show.  What happened to the wacky comedy movie career?  I'm thinking it might be cool to watch Cowsill pound the skins up close.  (or something like that).  Can this be had without several Comcast boxes and bundled packages?  Hell, I can't even find the local news anymore.   Angry
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »

It's a daytime syndicated show, so it's on local stations, but the times vary.
ToneBender631
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 02:34:29 PM »

Al just shared a link to the Queen Latifah show on his FB page with the caption "You never know who else might also show up!"

He also just posted "Congratulations Mike!" on Mike's FB page. A thawing in relations?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:37:39 PM by ToneBender631 » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 03:17:55 PM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:23:28 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
sandmountainslim
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 04:24:45 PM »

Facebook rumors have it that AL will indeed e joining Mike and Bruce in this appearance. 
Who knows? 
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 04:40:01 PM »

Uh oh, might have to watch. But my money is on Stamos to show up, not Al. Unless Brian shows up.
sandmountainslim
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »

Uh oh, might have to watch. But my money is on Stamos to show up, not Al. Unless Brian shows up.

Stamos, Mike, Al, Brian and Bruce Smiley   Nice Combo!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Moderation in all things

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »

Nothing's a surprise anymore on Planet Beachboy!

Who watches the Watchmen?
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 05:01:12 PM »

I'm very confused about Al's support of this....I'd be floored if he shows up. Mike said they have a "tour announcement" to make too....think Al is joining the touring band? I don't think Christian has played since September or so....
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 05:05:03 PM »

I'm very confused about Al's support of this....I'd be floored if he shows up. Mike said they have a "tour announcement" to make too....think Al is joining the touring band? I don't think Christian has played since September or so....

I saw M&B in December and Christian was there.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »

My guess is that someone who was planning on attending this will show up: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/the-beach-boys-mike-love-feted-with-21st-ella-award-tonight/10864182

Guests:

America
Christopher Cross
David Lee Roth
Rita Wilson
Lucy Lawless
Micky Dolenz
Dave Koz
Jessica Sanchez
Dean Torrence
David Marks
Carnie Wilson
Wendy Wilson
Christian Love
Ambha Love
Justyn Wilson
Carl B. Wilson
Matt Jardine
Adam Jardine
John Stamos

Based on Al's post on Facebook, my money would be on one of his sons, though it's entirely possible Al could make a surprise appearance to the award show and Queen Latifah show.

Regardless, I would guess Stamos will be on Latifah's show. It would be cool if Christopher Cross did Kokomo like he did here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsmGtwtwh9E
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 07:10:42 AM »

No special guests -- even John Stamos -- on the Queen Latifah Show. They played "Fun, Fun, Fun." Mike sounded great. Bruce did Brian's falsetto wails at the end and sounded OK.

Mike did release a solo track about George Harrison called "Pisces Brothers", but it sounds more like it's about TM than any member of The Beatles. https://soundcloud.com/mikelovemusic-3/mike-love-pisces-brothers
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 08:33:56 AM »

What time does this Queen Latifa Show start?

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 08:48:26 AM »

I don't have cable..so I thought Id catch it at the gym, it's usually on around 11 am when I'm there...and I'm here and the Ellen show is on. Nothing against her, but wtf?

Found this:
http://queenlatifah.com/music/performances/beach-boys-perform-live/

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 09:14:47 AM »

I don't have cable..so I thought Id catch it at the gym, it's usually on around 11 am when I'm there...and I'm here and the Ellen show is on. Nothing against her, but wtf?

Found this:

So the song "Pisces Brothers" is now sorta kinda officially-released. But this is very confusing as a fan, and for the BBs brand name: the above linked Queen Latifah site has a video of "The BBs" playing live, but right below the live video, this "Pisces Brothers" track is being released as a ML solo tune, and not a "BB" tune due to the terms of the license, right?

Ay carumba, what a hot mess of brand name confusion for any fan visiting that site, who doesn't have the nerdy knowledge that we have on this board.

That said, I think it's a good tune.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:31:18 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Gohi
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 09:25:32 AM »

Yeah... just can't get into Mike's version of the Beach Boys.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 09:34:04 AM »

Man, the M&B band really do get themselves into bizarre situations.... LOL

And production aside, Id so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »

Found this:

So the song "Pisces Brothers" is now sorta kinda officially-released. But this is very confusing as a fan, and for the BBs brand name: the above linked Queen Latifah site has a video of "The BBs" playing live, but right below the live video, this "Pisces Brothers" track (while we all know is actually a ML solo track in reality), is being released as a ML solo tune, and not a "BB" tune due to the terms of the license, right? Ay carumba, what a hot mess of confusion.

Don't see how this is a hot mess of confusion...the article clearly states that it's a song written by Mike Love and the soundcloud box clearly shows that it's a solo Mike Love song....and there is no mention of the Beach Boys in the paragraph that talks about this song.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God mustve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 09:47:35 AM »

I saw M&B on Monday evening and Christian was playing and singing with them.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 09:53:33 AM »

Found this:

So the song "Pisces Brothers" is now sorta kinda officially-released. But this is very confusing as a fan, and for the BBs brand name: the above linked Queen Latifah site has a video of "The BBs" playing live, but right below the live video, this "Pisces Brothers" track (while we all know is actually a ML solo track in reality), is being released as a ML solo tune, and not a "BB" tune due to the terms of the license, right? Ay carumba, what a hot mess of confusion.

Don't see how this is a hot mess of confusion...the article clearly states that it's a song written by Mike Love and the soundcloud box clearly shows that it's a solo Mike Love song....and there is no mention of the Beach Boys in the paragraph that talks about this song.

It's just a bizarre situation which is what it is - which is a brand name which is being marketed incredibly inconsistently. And while the soundcloud box states "Mike Love" (as it must, due to the terms of the contract - I'll bet Mike wishes he could release "Pisces Brothers" as a "BB" track if he could), another Queen Latifah video right on that same page has Mike talking about the creation of that very same ML "solo" song with text "Mike Love Beach Boys" as the burned-in text at 0:01 during the interview.

I think anyone who doesn't think this is a hot mess of confusion for average BB fans (non-nerds like us) is fooling themselves. It's just unfortunately a rather ridiculous and confusing situation.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:54:57 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 10:05:39 AM »

Yeah... just can't get into Mike's version of the Beach Boys.

Why not?
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx