gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
671973 Posts in 27047 Topics by 3973 Members - Latest Member: Tante September 24, 2021, 11:43:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tour booklets  (Read 1279 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »

I feel like there hasn't been a post about any of the tour booklets. I reckon I haven't had enough to start a thread on til now, when I saw the BB perform in NJ, I bought the autographed one, well worth it! But I felt that there should have been some essays or something to go along with it. I also have the BWPS tour book which has GREAT essays and a great timeline and some of the best color pictures of the Smile era. I also recently picked up a tour booklet from the 15 Big Ones era (which is pictured in the newest booklet with two girls and the 15BO album on the beach, wow, that'll never happen again, two girls, sitting with the 15 Big Ones album between them). With it also being an anniversary tour, it contained some pics from the past. And finally, I have my priced first treasure, the tour booklet from 1966, it is also pictured in the recent tour booklet (white background/blue lettering/pic of the guys without Brian). My parents picked it up at a yardsale/flee market type thing and the label just said "Beach Boys Magazine $10.00"....so glad they picked it up. A lot of great pics and an ad for the "new" Best of the Beach Boys album (that released right after Pet Sounds). Some of the pics, I've not seen in any other books, one with Mike in a bathtub reading Playboy and some other single portraits I've not seen anywhere. If I had a camera, I'd take a pic of them, but being as I don't have one, sorry.

So, are they worth alot?

This is how much I paid for mine:

50th Anniversery (autographed)- $100
BWPS-20$
15 Big Ones- 25$
1966-10$

I'd love to get my hands on any others, when did they start putting tour books on sale?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »

I got one for the Australia Tour in 93 and have never bought any for any artist since. The same pictures available elsewhere and nowdays online, advertising for upcoming artists, hotels, airlines etc.

I'd pay $100 for a signed one this year but only for the signatures, not the content.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »

I got one for the Australia Tour in 93 and have never bought any for any artist since. The same pictures available elsewhere and nowdays online, advertising for upcoming artists, hotels, airlines etc.

I'd pay $100 for a signed one this year but only for the signatures, not the content.

My favorite has always been the 25th Anniversay book from 1987, the one with the big Sunkist logo on the back. I got that one at my first Beach Boys concert. I can't believe I have been a fan for 27 years now, since I first heard Getcha Back in 1985.  I can't be that old...

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 04:00:40 PM »

YEah. Darn near everyone of mine are shown in the media section. There's LOTS of them, you just have to check em and see

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx