gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
669317 Posts in 26924 Topics by 3915 Members - Latest Member: wolock June 13, 2021, 04:29:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Google Play - New 40 Minute Interview ;-)  (Read 10747 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2012, 04:17:21 PM »

I have put this in the Media/You Tube Section , but no doubt it will get 'lost' there , enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9VY3zbCt24

SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 04:23:37 PM »

Well so much for me deciding to sleep earlier! Roll Eyes I have to watch this now! Grin
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:25:04 PM by MaccaBeatles » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »

Lot of ego on that stage

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 04:41:34 PM »

Mike mentions how much he likes "Wind Chimes" from Smiley Smile...nice!

So play it on stage!!
Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »

Interviewer - So Brian whats going through your mind when your singing "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times"

Brian - Er nothing, it comes outta my throat..(Band cracks up) it comes up through my throat outta my mouth, into the audience....

Al - Very touching Brian

Classic Brian love it
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »

Mike apparently doesn't have anything to say about Mojo Mag's pick of "Surf's Up" being the number one best BB song.
Landlocked
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 05:04:58 PM »

LOL Bruce has some fun at his own expense at the end and actually addresses the Obama gaffe!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »

Interviewer - So Brian whats going through your mind when your singing "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times"

Brian - Er nothing, it comes outta my throat..(Band cracks up) it comes up through my throat outta my mouth, into the audience....

Al - Very touching Brian

Classic Brian love it

...just added to the Brianisims thread. Classic  LOL
bcdam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »

I wonder why Mike said "let's move along" when Bruce was talking about "Mrs. O'Leary's Cow"...@15.15
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »

Mike apparently doesn't have anything to say about Mojo Mag's pick of "Surf's Up" being the number one best BB song.

Brian apparently doesn't have much to say about anything.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »

I wonder why Mike said "let's move along" when Bruce was talking about "Mrs. O'Leary's Cow"...@15.15

I thought he said, "Let's moo along...", but I could be wrong.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »

Was I the only one wishing I was there because there's so much I would like to hear in person? Roll Eyes In fact I really wish they could get a hardcore fan to ask some questions!
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »

I think he was making light of the fact that Bruce couldn't "sing" it.  Sort of, "alright Bruce, funny. Let's keep going".  Or Mike's really that jealous of Brian. Which is entirely possible.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 06:54:52 PM »

Yeah, he did say "we can MOO along."

It's pretty obvious that Brian wasn't totally into this whole idea, which is too bad.

I know what to expect from Brian and this is even making me a little uncomfortable. I can't imagine what the comments are going to be on this video.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »

Is it just me, or does Al have the funniest (sarcastic?) facial expressions when Mike is speaking?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 08:26:29 PM »

I think Al truly hates Mike Love.  TRULY.  He's just smart enough to deal with it for the better good.  I don't think Mike hates anybody, he's an equal opportunity offender.  I think Al loves the Beach Boys with all his heart, but feels Mike has really, really wronged him in an unfixable way. 
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 09:02:29 PM »

I think Al truly hates Mike Love.  TRULY.  He's just smart enough to deal with it for the better good. 

Yeah, so Al must've been completely shocked when Mike went out of his way to mention that the No. 1 song, "Help Me, Rhonda" featured a lead vocal from Al Jardine. But, it wouldn't explain why Al continues to mention that he wishes the tour would continue on after these scheduled dates. That must be his way of dealing with it for the better good.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »

Think what you want.  I'm just saying, in my opinion, Al hates Mike Love.  He'd have him murdered if he could get away with it.  

That he's willing to tour with him for a couple million dollars doesn't prove that he likes him.  
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:12:44 PM by Ron » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »

I think Al still isn't over the Cotton Fields jab at the Knebworth show

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Landlocked
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 09:22:30 PM »

I think Al truly hates Mike Love.  TRULY.  He's just smart enough to deal with it for the better good. 

Yeah, so Al must've been completely shocked when Mike went out of his way to mention that the No. 1 song, "Help Me, Rhonda" featured a lead vocal from Al Jardine. But, it wouldn't explain why Al continues to mention that he wishes the tour would continue on after these scheduled dates. That must be his way of dealing with it for the better good.

Yeah, but Mike did make a little jab, saying that they couldn't take "Rhonda" out because Al sang lead, implying that they have to leave it in there, if not because of its popularity, at least to stroke Al's ego.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »

Yeah, but Mike did make a little jab, saying that they couldn't take "Rhonda" out because Al sang lead, implying that they have to leave it in there, if not because of its popularity, at least to stroke Al's ego.

I know, I was shocked that Al didn't walk off the set when Mike made that little joke, er....jab. He probably hung around to collect his check.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »

I just spent significant time backstage, away from cameras etc...(Hollywood Bowl and Irvine) and ALL the guys seem to be enjoying each other's company. Particularly at Irvine, Al and Mike stood, kicked back, sat together off to the side of the stage watching their kids sing during the Cal Saga set. They were genuinely relaxed, laughing WITH each other, having normal, not tense, conversation. No signs of animosity in the least. Looked to me like they were having a really good time together. Just the two of them.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »

I think it's obvious there's still tension between them, but since Mike has more 'stature' (NOT a short joke) than Al, he doesn't feel threatened by him.  The same thing would be going on with Mike and Brian, except Mike knows that Brian is the whole f'n show.  So it humbles him.  

With all that said, I think it's a testament to Al's good nature that he's willing to let things slide for the better good.  

Beach Boys are on!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 09:43:59 PM »

Ron, I will say this about Al. He does seem to be a little more, I don't want to use the word "outspoken", but saying things to make a point. And, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It appears that he's grown (no pun intended) since he had his own solo career, and he does seem to be advocating for certain things, not just being the subservient 5th member. Hey, all's good! I'm enjoying everything.
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 10:02:52 PM »

Hm. Brian looks like was having an off-day Sad.

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx