gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681017 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 05:57:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gather round, children! Liam Gallagher's back!  (Read 4623 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »

The man no one wants to see, Liam Gallagher, has told Radiohead to do the biologically impossible!

http://www.nme.com/news/beady-eye/55224

Only posted really because this sentence is cracking.

Speaking of Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke's decision to take influence from the tree in question, Gallagher added: "You'd have thought he'd have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week. You know what I mean?"

The fact this man is richer than most of the people I know combined makes me want to kick puppies.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:47:43 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:57:18 PM »

I say "Good"! Radiohead annoys the piss out of me. In the grand scheme of things Liam should concentrate more on writing music than putting down other people, as much as I agree with him.

I am glad he is promoting awareness of Teenage Cancer. That is a great thing.

...ANYWAYS, there are only two songs written about trees that I like, ADITLOAT, and one by someone else who wrote a 10 minute song about a drawing I made of tree called Tree of Life.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:04:50 PM by noname » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:48:03 PM »

Radiohead irritate me too, but the sane alternative should not be Liam Gallagher.

Also depressing is the fact that this exchange could have happened anytime in the last 16 years. I would expect some new radical band to be slagging off Radiohead now rather than the same knuckle-dragging gimp that has been following me about in popular culture ever since I started going to school.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Jason
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »

Someone needs to get Liam Gallagher onto Top Gear just so Jeremy Clarkson can insult him. Smiley
Dead Parrot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 10:04:05 AM »

Having just listened to it for the second time, the Beady Eye album is a lot better than I was expecting. I'm probably still more interested to see what Noel Gallagher does next. Contrary to popular opinion, I actually think he's a pretty good songwriter, and I prefer his singing voice to Liam's. But that said, not a bad start for Liam's new band at all.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 04:11:29 PM »

I'm like SOOOOO over Oasis and anybody associated with it, but there was a time when they were my favorite band.

Anyways.  Liam Gallagher is like pepper.  A little bit goes a long way... and also, a little bit makes about anything better.

I agree with him about Radiohead.  They are so fucking pretentiously full of themselves that it's nauseating.  You'll notice that's a trend with Liam.  He also hates Coldplay.  Same mediocre shitty music as Radiohead has become, same pretentious preachy crap.

Now of course nobody is more full of themselves than Liam, but Liam doesn't pretend to be something he's not.  He doesn't pretend to have an I.Q. over 30.  He doesn't pretend to be important.  He just says he's a rockstar, and he is.  He doesn't say he's saving the world.  He doesn't say his music is about anything memorable, and it's not.  I can respect that. 

Years ago, Oasis were scheduled to play my town, Charlotte, NC.  The day of the show, I'm driving to the venue with my tickets ready! Damn I'm excited! The guy comes on the radio and says the shows cancelled.  Later found out that Liam and Noel had a big argument the day before, disappeared, and Noel showed back up 6 hours before the show, Liam didn't.  So eventually they found Liam at a local mall, arguing and fighting (verbally) with a bunch of teenagers telling him what a loser he was. 

That, is ROCK AND ROLL.  Radiohead have forgotten what rock and roll is, and coldplay never knew. 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 07:38:34 PM »

With all due respect, that's bull, man. If you can't see what isn't inherently pathetic about about Liam Gallagher cancelling a show, which the fans who have elevated him out of his miserable, dole-fuelled, shitkicking existence have paid their money to see, in order to argue with a bunch of teenagers in a fucking supermarket, then we have incredibly different conceptions of rock & roll.

And like I said before, I'm no Radiohead fan. I'm not standing up for them. But the whole masculine thuggish aspect of rock and roll really fucks me off.

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 10:13:48 PM »

Yeah, it was screwed up what he did.  *THATS* rock and roll, though.  Good, and bad.  Not whining about your girlfriend makes you feel queasy inside.  Rock has DIED over the last 30 years, there's only a few bands around (Oasis was one) that have any testosterone left.  Radiohead and Coldplay are chick bands.  Period. 

Oasis was so over the top, but that's refreshing compared to all this p*ssy music. 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 03:37:51 AM »

Radiohead and Coldplay are chick bands.  Period. 

Please tell me that pun is intentional.....

You aren't a Beach Boys fan, I presume? They whine about their girlfriends all the time. They're such cissies, man. And y'know, they barely use guitars! what kind of band doesn't use guitars? They have accordions! and xylophones! They even have strings! That's weak. That Pet Sounds album is FULL of ballads, too! I always skip the ballads, because they're so boring. etc, etc

I'll reiterate. If Liam Gallagher is some shining example of the possibilities of Rock & Roll, then rock and roll deserves to die.

markcharles75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 06:36:09 AM »

Noel Gallagher is one of my favorite songwriters.  So many many great tunes.  I was at a party about 5 years ago, friend handed me his acoustic that he just got for Xmas.  I was playing this and that.  With a room full of people drinking, you try to pick songs that play well on acoustic and everyone can sing.  Well, when I started playing some Oasis songs, everyone knew them.  It was great to hear a room full of people sing to the top of their lungs "someday you will find me...caught beneath the landslide..."

I really don't understand the venom directed towards Noel and Liam.  I crack up whenever I read/listen to both of them.  I don't think they are being serious!  I really don't.  Maybe he is just taking the piss out of Thom Yorke. 

"Watch the balloon you buy just to let fly away..."
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 07:20:43 AM »

Radiohead have forgotten what rock and roll is

Why do Radiohead have to remember what rock and roll is?

Radiohead post-Kid A are one of the best bands of all time, and it's not rock n roll.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »

I like Noel...one of the great songwriters of his generation... But Liam is just a huge idiot.   And the last RH album worth its salt was The Bends...its all hit or miss after that.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
B-Rex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 02:11:26 PM »

Coldplay definitely falls under the chick music label.  They are Radiohead for chicks.

Radiohead is the antithesis of chick music.  I'm not a fan of what they've become, but they're always on the cutting edge and I have the utmost respect for them.  They're most certainly not sellouts.  They always do their own thing...or Thom Yorke's own thing.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »

Coldplay definitely falls under the chick music label.  They are Radiohead for chicks.

Radiohead is the antithesis of chick music.  I'm not a fan of what they've become, but they're always on the cutting edge and I have the utmost respect for them.  They're most certainly not sellouts.  They always do their own thing...or Thom Yorke's own thing.

Could you define "chick music", please?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 04:02:44 PM »

Music that when you listen to it, you literally start growing female genitalia.  Shocked

No mas, por favor.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 07:24:09 PM »

I would like to know too.
The second mention of 'chick music' in this thread. What have I wrought?

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 08:34:05 AM »

So far it's looking like Oasis is going down better historically than Radiohead, which suits my tastes. Radiohead were always as pompous as Oasis, they just wouldn't admit to it.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »

I can't stand Radiohead. I've never gotten their music....and I've tried several times. I don't care for their image - or at least my perception of their image.

But to each his/her own; A lot of people don't get the Beach Boys and hate their image....doesn't make them a bad band.
_____

Still waiting on that 'Chick Music' definition....

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 09:50:39 AM »

I hate Coldplay. Their singer has a face I would never tire of punching.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx