-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Our purpose here on the Board of Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our purpose here on the Board of Smiley  (Read 6886 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:10:14 PM »

I feel my purpose is to basically geek out over Brian Wilson and any other great musician I feel the need to write or discuss about.
With not having any hardcore fans that I can talk to verbally, this is my only way to talk about the Beach Boys & the reader/listener knows exactly what I'm talking about!

I feel others think my purpose here is to ask dumb questions and to be the last one to post on a thread at which nobody responds to.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »

Nah dude...you're cool.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:23:01 AM »

I feel my purpose is to basically geek out over Brian Wilson and any other great musician I feel the need to write or discuss about.
With not having any hardcore fans that I can talk to verbally, this is my only way to talk about the Beach Boys & the reader/listener knows exactly what I'm talking about!

I feel others think my purpose here is to ask dumb questions and to be the last one to post on a thread at which nobody responds to.

Probably if you asked less dumb questions, you wouldn't feel that way.
and  you could spend the time finding which of the hardcore fans have time to talk to you verbally; there probably are some that would enjoy that also

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:24:46 AM »

hey

youre ACE to me, pal

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »

Eh, I feel my true purpose here is to type as many posts as possible without actually contributing to any useful discussion Cheesy

Seriously though, I came here thinking I could meet some chicks with the same Beach Boys obsession I have - come to find out there has been a total of only 5 females to ever visit this site, and I think 3 of them visited by accident.  Grin

Ok, honestly, I am Andrew G Doe - I made this fake profile rab2591 - I log in as rab2591 and ask the dumbest questions and give the wrong answers to questions - then I log back in as 'Andrew G Doe' and correct rab2591's mistakes....how do you think I got to 6,000 posts so fast?  Cool

Okay, in full honesty: Without SmileySmile I would not be enjoying music as much as I have in the last year. I love the comradery here. The stupid jokes, the excessive "what ifs", the trolls, the information that has led me to spend $hundreds on albums, books, movies in the last year - this is the best forum I have ever belonged to....there is an equal balance of everything here. It's nice to talk with people who have the same taste in music.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »

and  you could spend the time finding which of the hardcore fans have time to talk to you verbally; there probably are some that would enjoy that also
wow

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:57:55 AM »

wow

Don't worry, we all love you punkinhead

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »

thanks, I appreciate all the positivity presented here, that's what we all need

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »

...I thought that was my job....
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 01:32:14 PM »

I believe I fufill said role admirably, besides being occasional comic foil to Senor H. Don and trying to hide the fact I regulary post after several pints of an evening.

Everyone's a little testy of late, aren't they? You are all A+ dudes and should really save yourself for the Smile release.... that's when the arguing will REALLY kick off!  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jason
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 04:32:21 PM »

Ok, honestly, I am Andrew G Doe - I made this fake profile rab2591 - I log in as rab2591 and ask the dumbest questions and give the wrong answers to questions - then I log back in as 'Andrew G Doe' and correct rab2591's mistakes....how do you think I got to 6,000 posts so fast?  Cool

(Deliberately out of context for comic value)

So, the Bellagio Insider IS real! AGD was a foil the whole time!
SG7
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

http://smilealbum.tripod.com/hoaxes.htm

Blast from the past indeed....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:44:07 PM by SurferGirl7 » Logged
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »

goodness gracious i couldnt read through that

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »

To make you feel better, I posted on many threads - old or recent - & oftentimes I was the last & the said thread got quickly died down. It's not a biggie, really. Being positive, I actually take it as an honor, like a singer who closes a gala-concert, that's a privilege of a very respected artist. Yes, very hazy analogy, but still.

Maybe some of your questions were redundant, but then who can manage to read hundreds of pages of a "Thread for insignificant ?-ns"? The most interesting should be revised.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »

To make you feel better, I posted on many threads - old or recent - & oftentimes I was the last & the said thread got quickly died down. It's not a biggie, really. Being positive, I actually take it as an honor, like a singer who closes a gala-concert, that's a privilege of a very respected artist. Yes, very hazy analogy, but still.

Maybe some of your questions were redundant, but then who can manage to read hundreds of pages of a "Thread for insignificant ?-ns"? The most interesting should be revised.
Speaking of last posts in a thread...  Cheesy

I tried to organize a few topics I felt important, I'm not sure I'd the Thread for Questions.... Was one of them but there is a lot of interesting stuff going on in there. I wanted to try to do a definitive thread (much like the vocals thread of who sings lead and other lines) that explored who played on each track, but that would take a lot of time and only a few albums give real good details as far aS that goes (MIU & 15 Big Ones oddly enough).

~post of the century~
-Mikie

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 02:29:29 AM »

Speaking of last posts in a thread...  Cheesy

I tried to organize a few topics I felt important, I'm not sure I'd the Thread for Questions.... Was one of them but there is a lot of interesting stuff going on in there. I wanted to try to do a definitive thread (much like the vocals thread of who sings lead and other lines) that explored who played on each track, but that would take a lot of time and only a few albums give real good details as far aS that goes (MIU & 15 Big Ones oddly enough).

Craig is currently working on such a project which, from what I've seen of his past endeavours at Beach Boys Archives and in issues of E.S.Q., is going to be the definitive word on who played what on many of The Beach Boys' tracks.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »

What's up Punkinhead, I hear ya bro. All I wanna do on this board is geek out over BW/BB too. I've only been here for a year and have really enjoyed using this message board, but sometimes I shake my head at the stupid shite. I'm lucky enough to have one friend that I can talk to verbally who is a hardcore BB fan, but other than that I only have message boards and youtube. btw I'm a fan of your youtube channel and am subscribed to it. Keep up the good work and thanks man!

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: