gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:37:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upcoming release: Carl Wilson -- Here and Now  (Read 9000 times)
mickbrown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 02:30:47 AM »

What a beautiful labor of love! Carl Wilson was such a special, unique talent and person. Billy Hinsche's camera captures the memories of so many people who loved and knew Carl and gives those of us who did not have the good fortune to know Carl some great insight into his personality, talent, relationships, etc. I had a GREAT time watching this. Thank you, Billy!

VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 07:17:16 AM »

I wasn't too impressed by the trailer, as a videographer, I can say if a lot of my shots turned out looking like that, I would have a hard time passing my classes.   The interviews clips they showed didn't really indicate  a theme other than "Carl was a great guy" hoping there is more than what we know.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2014, 11:11:26 PM »

I love this film, Carl is my favorite Beach Boy, it is nice to finally see his friends and family talk about the man. A lot of it is just warm reminiscences of the man, but there are some good insights into him as person and musician, too, especially from Gerry Beckley. He talks about Carl getting him all pumped to do a press conference with the Beach Boys, and after several minutes of pep talk, Gerry asks Carl what time to meet him there and Carl says "oh, I'm not going to be there". Hilarious. He also tells a story about Carl laying down a guitar track, then retuning the guitar for another track, so it will be just slightly out of tune with the other one. I just find that kind of stuff amazing, I've become so dependent on the tuner these days, I no longer trust my own ears.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx