gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:45:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upcoming release: Carl Wilson -- Here and Now  (Read 8684 times)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:40:02 AM »

Carl Wilson -- Here and Now, Billy Hinsche's documentary on Carl Wilson is now available for pre-ordering at www.billyhinsche.com.

There's a trailer for the doc on YouTube at www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWwhrVXXcZU.

Looking forward to seeing this one!

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 10:50:05 AM »

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 06:51:48 AM »

Seriously? This is the only response this topic is getting?! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:52:00 AM »

Seriously? This is the only response this topic is getting?! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

What can we say without seeing it? 
I ordered mine! ( I'm # 19)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »

Well, we could discuss how this may be a first step to a biography on Carl.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 09:54:11 AM »

Yeah, it really is surprising, since this is the first time Carl is really starting to get his due, with his music finally being re-released, too!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:00:49 AM »

Can't wait for this!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »

ordered two of them (granted, one is for a friend of mine); order #24.  Smiley

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:58:50 AM »

Hmmmmm...

Obviously this DVD is meant to be a well-intentioned, heartfelt tribute for Carl Wilson, but after watching this trailer I can't say the word "awesome" would accurately describe it (and I should know a thing or two about being awesome).  Nice to see friends and family speak of Carl, but do any of them actually have anything interesting to say about the guy?  As insightful as it is to hear Marilyn Wilson recall how Carl "chased her in the park one day", or Foskett revealing that Carl preferred to have been called "Cookie", I would hope there would be some more substance to this documentary (being a $30 2-DVD set and all).  But don't let me spoil anyone's interest in purchasing this.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 03:06:36 PM »

Hmmmmm...

Obviously this DVD is meant to be a well-intentioned, heartfelt tribute for Carl Wilson, but after watching this trailer I can't say the word "awesome" would accurately describe it (and I should know a thing or two about being awesome).  Nice to see friends and family speak of Carl, but do any of them actually have anything interesting to say about the guy?  As insightful as it is to hear Marilyn Wilson recall how Carl "chased her in the park one day", or Foskett revealing that Carl preferred to have been called "Cookie", I would hope there would be some more substance to this documentary (being a $30 2-DVD set and all).  But don't let me spoil anyone's interest in purchasing this.

Do you post on PSML as Steve? 
 I too hope it's a really great doc, and hope Billy's been able to get more than the run of the mill you've quoted.

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »

No, I sure don't.  Why do you ask?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »

No, I sure don't.  Why do you ask?

Steve (whoever that is) posted very similar thoughts on the soon to be new Carl DVD, on psml

CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 12:31:19 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this DVD anywhere else on this board, but has anyone received it yet? Is it any good? What about Billy's DVDs in general?
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »

Yeah, it really is surprising, since this is the first time Carl is really starting to get his due, with his music finally being re-released, too!

I have always loved Carl.
Lisa Bonahue
Smiley Smile Associate

New York State Rep BBFC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 07:21:26 PM »

I pre-ordered mine about 2 months ago, looks like it's gonna be another great video. (#15)

I find that a relaxed work environment can be achieved through balance. Come in late, leave early....works for me.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »

New info on the Carl doc:
http://www.billyhinsche.com/CW-HandN.html
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »

I was hoping to have it by now; it's supposed to be shipping very soon, correct?( I seem to remember early May)

Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »

I tried to order 2 copies but the paypal link only shows a quantity of one and it seems there is no way to change it.  Has anyone managed to get the paypal link to show a quantity of 2 to get the cheaper deal?
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »

Rich, you can get the two copy deal by using the Paypal text link in the "Payment" section. It just takes you to the regular Paypal interface, but offers you more flexibility. The "Buy Now" Paypal button goes to a form for single orders.

Billy's been made aware of your question.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 08:17:55 PM »

Just found out that CW-H&N has begun shipping.

Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 02:55:07 PM »

Thanks for the tip Emdeeh.  I just sent a $58 paypal payment (including shipping to Canada) to Billy's account and can't wait to see the dvds!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »

The mailman came and brought my copy 10 minutes ago, along with the Michael Angeloff CD w/Carl.  Fortunately the DVD's don't have a sticker on the shrink wrap, or I'd have to buy another copy to watch it.  Carl's front has 92 minutes, his back 91.
Now if I can only find time to watch the two discs, instead of hanging on every word from the Guitar fool and his boy wonder Mikie...

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »

I ordered mine 2 months ago, and haven't received it yet. Sad

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 10:55:20 PM »

Any word about this doc? Haven't seen many reviews of it and looking at the last post, someone still hasn't gotten it yet, and that was in 2011. Assuming they received the DVD, it must have not made a huge impact or else they'd rush to the topic and give a review. I'd love to hear what the documentary explores.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Nicko1234
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 11:15:07 PM »

You can read one review of the DVD here at least:

http://www.beachboys.com/filmsI.html#hereandnow
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx